jenkatx

HELP!

8 posts in this topic

My Honeys Uncles house burnt down last night, thankfully everyone is ok. HOWEVER, our WHOLE visa package was in the house. EVERYTHING but his passport. Praise God for that part! SO, my question is what exactly does he need to get so he can enter. I know he has to get his birth certificate & his medical. What else will we need to replace immediately for the entry and then AOS? Please help!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My Honeys Uncles house burnt down last night, thankfully everyone is ok. HOWEVER, our WHOLE visa package was in the house. EVERYTHING but his passport. Praise God for that part! SO, my question is what exactly does he need to get so he can enter. I know he has to get his birth certificate & his medical. What else will we need to replace immediately for the entry and then AOS? Please help!

Did he have the "Brown Envelope" for the POE? Is that safe?

The World is Yours to Experience....Venture out into it and find Love!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

As long as the brown envelope is ok and the passport/visa is ok he should be able to enter. You may need a new medical for AOS unless he can get a duplicate medical report from the clinic. If the vacination record was at the house. It may also mean getting revacinated. How is everyone at the house ? Is the family ok ?

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

The family is all fine. The younger boys left a candle lite and fell asleep. No one was injured during the fire, but I am sure there Daddy has beat their behinds since then ;) We are finding that the problem is everything is already closed for the Holidays, so we will not be able to get anything replaced until next week or the week after. The birth certificate and medicals are my main worry. I am just wanting to cover all bases since it is better he get everything needed from there then try to get it once he is here.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The family is all fine. The younger boys left a candle lite and fell asleep. No one was injured during the fire, but I am sure there Daddy has beat their behinds since then ;) We are finding that the problem is everything is already closed for the Holidays, so we will not be able to get anything replaced until next week or the week after. The birth certificate and medicals are my main worry. I am just wanting to cover all bases since it is better he get everything needed from there then try to get it once he is here.

You'll need the medical and birth certificate to apply for AOS, along with the passport/visa.

02iqn7wnr.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am very sorry to hear about your fiance' uncle's house. As long as everyone is ok, the paperwork can be raplaced. I see that you have already received the advice that you needed as far as the paperwork is concerned. I will keep your family in my prayers as they rebuild their home.

Our CR1 Timeline

04/19/11: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

04/21/11: Package delivered

04/25/11: NOA1 via text and email; petition routed to VSC

04/27/11: Touched

6/23/11: NOA2 via text and email

6/27/11: NOA2 rec'd in mail

6/29/11: NVC case # assigned

7/1/11: Rec'd I-864 bill via e-mail

7/1/11: Rec'd request for DS-3032 via e-mail

7/2/11: E-mailed DS-3032 to NVC

7/8/11: Rec IV bill via e-mail

7/15/11: Paid I-864 bill

7/30/11: Mailed I-864 package

7/30/11: Paid IV bill

8/2/11: IV bill shows "paid"

8/10/11: Per operator I-864 rec'd and accepted and processed with no RFE

8/12/11: Rec'd packet 3 (DS-230 cover sheet/check list)

10/5/11: Mailed DS-230

10/7/11: DS-230 rec'd by NVC per tracking

10/12/11: Case complete per live operator (just waiting for interview apt now)

12/6/11: Medical complete and in hand...yay

12/12/11: Interview-APPROVED

12/20/11: Visa in hand

5/3/2012: POE

6IwJm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.