Ratsel

Questions about my Wife's Visa

9 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

My wife received her Passport and Visa today by courier in the Philippines. We looked over the documentation and everything looks good, but I noticed a few things...

I know this might all seem overly zealous, but after the year we had I won't take anything for granted. If anyone has any knowledge or information about this please let me know.

Firstly...

The only things I noticed, which I hope aren't any issue are as follows:

The Case Number on the Visa shows:

MNL201180001601

The Case number on the Immigrant Data Summary shows:

MNL2011800016

They also misspelled my name on the Data Summary as "Jery" vice "Jerry" which I don't think matters.

Also, the "Z" in Fernandez (Her middle name) on the Visa is cut off, but is spelled out at the bottom. All other information is correct on both forms.

My wife also expressed concern over the bottom numbers on the Visa as compared to her passport.

At the very bottom of the visa and her passport it starts with her passport number, but all of the other numbers are different between the two. I am assuming this is a serial number of sorts used for the scanners to prove them legitimate, but am not sure.

My main concerns are that the Case number and the cutoff "Z" won't make a difference.

I apologize for being so overly concerned about everything, but after the ordeal we had I won't leave anything to chance.

Thank you for your time and attention!

Jerry

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

My wife received her Passport and Visa today by courier in the Philippines. We looked over the documentation and everything looks good, but I noticed a few things...

I know this might all seem overly zealous, but after the year we had I won't take anything for granted. If anyone has any knowledge or information about this please let me know.

Firstly...

The only things I noticed, which I hope aren't any issue are as follows:

The Case Number on the Visa shows:

MNL201180001601

The Case number on the Immigrant Data Summary shows:

MNL2011800016

They also misspelled my name on the Data Summary as "Jery" vice "Jerry" which I don't think matters.

Also, the "Z" in Fernandez (Her middle name) on the Visa is cut off, but is spelled out at the bottom. All other information is correct on both forms.

My wife also expressed concern over the bottom numbers on the Visa as compared to her passport.

At the very bottom of the visa and her passport it starts with her passport number, but all of the other numbers are different between the two. I am assuming this is a serial number of sorts used for the scanners to prove them legitimate, but am not sure.

My main concerns are that the Case number and the cutoff "Z" won't make a difference.

I apologize for being so overly concerned about everything, but after the ordeal we had I won't leave anything to chance.

Thank you for your time and attention!

Jerry

First congratulations on receiving your visa., one letter of my middle name was cut off and there was no problem. the case number may not mean that much the last two digits just indicate the order NVC received your file on that particular day so 01 means you case was number 1 that netered into their system for that day. You may want to enquire about your name not being spelt correctly just to be sure especially if you have nver spelt your name that way before.

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Hi! I had my interview Dec 9th and received my visa packet last Dec 16th. We have the same concerns, and I've posted here in VJ (Philippine regional forum) earlier that an additional "01" was put at the end of my original case number and was told by VJ people that it's normal (they're now in the US and haven't encountered any problem during their POE). Re the name, my given name on the visa printed in my passport was too long, that my middle name lacks two letters, but my whole name is displayed correctly at the bottom of the visa and also in the immigrant data summary. :thumbs:

Congratulations and have a safe trip! :dance: :dance: :dance:

USCIS

04/11/2011 : I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

04/13/2011 : I-130 received/Priority date

07/13/2011 : RFE for G325A (beneficiary)

07/28/2011 : I-130 approved :)

Your I-130 was approved in 106 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

08/08/2011 : NVC received case from USCIS

09/08/2011 : NVC assigned case number

09/09/2011 : Paid AOS bill

09/14/2011 : Paid IV bill

09/22/2011 : Submitted AOS and IV packets via USPS Priority Mail

09/26/2011 : NVC received AOS and IV packets

10/03/2011 : checklist cover letter #4 - AOS line 25 being questioned

10/11/2011 : Response to RFE sent via USPS Priority Mail

10/11/2011 : checklist cover letter #5 - IV application OK! :) -NVC still waiting for RFE response

10/13/2011 : NVC received RFE reponse and now, we WAIT! :D

10/24/2011 : CASE COMPLETED! Thank you LORD! :D

11/02/2011 : Interview date confirmed via operator! <3

11/03/2011 : Interview appointment email received!

Your interview took 240 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

US EMBASSY MANILA

11/16/2011 : Medical Exam - SLEC DAY 1

11/17/2011 : Medical Exam - SLEC DAY 2 : PASSED! :D

12/09/2011 : Interview @ USEM Manila : APPROVED

12/16/2011 : Visa on hand! <3

USA

01/18/2012 : POE @ SFO

02/10/2012 : Green card received

Thanks for the information!! I was hoping it was something simple and appreciate the confirmation.

As for my misspelled name I wasn't overly concerned since her name was spelled correctly, but I will inquire about it all the same!

Again, thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

its really is a shame that these people hires people that are so incompetent and cant even type correctly. sheesh! anyhow congratulations, dont worry it wont be of any problem good.gif

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Timeline

Hi! I had my interview Dec 9th and received my visa packet last Dec 16th. We have the same concerns, and I've posted here in VJ (Philippine regional forum) earlier that an additional "01" was put at the end of my original case number and was told by VJ people that it's normal (they're now in the US and haven't encountered any problem during their POE). Re the name, my given name on the visa printed in my passport was too long, that my middle name lacks two letters, but my whole name is displayed correctly at the bottom of the visa and also in the immigrant data summary. :thumbs:

Congratulations and have a safe trip! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Hi Congrats before I proceed to my question, You talking also about immigrant data summary I am wondering where u can see it ?I got my visa the other day and all I see is my passport and the yellow envelope and also the warning paper with instructions on how u can attend the PDOS and get CFO sticker. Please tell me where I can see the immigrant summary data.Thank u in advance and merry christmas

Thanks for the information!! I was hoping it was something simple and appreciate the confirmation.

As for my misspelled name I wasn't overly concerned since her name was spelled correctly, but I will inquire about it all the same!

Again, thank you thank you thank you!!!!

My husband's (then fiancee) middle name was also misspelled in my visa, I had no problem in my POE with it... POE is Hawaii. I do not think you should worry... Merry Christmas!

Hi Congrats before I proceed to my question, You talking also about immigrant data summary I am wondering where u can see it ?I got my visa the other day and all I see is my passport and the yellow envelope and also the warning paper with instructions on how u can attend the PDOS and get CFO sticker. Please tell me where I can see the immigrant summary data.Thank u in advance and merry christmas

Thank you! :thumbs: The immigrant data summary is stapled outside the yellow envelop, opposite to the side where your passport was placed. DO NOT DETACHED it to the yellow envelop. You can only retrieve your passport inside the plastic pouch. :star:

Edited by jon&cess

USCIS

04/11/2011 : I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

04/13/2011 : I-130 received/Priority date

07/13/2011 : RFE for G325A (beneficiary)

07/28/2011 : I-130 approved :)

Your I-130 was approved in 106 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

08/08/2011 : NVC received case from USCIS

09/08/2011 : NVC assigned case number

09/09/2011 : Paid AOS bill

09/14/2011 : Paid IV bill

09/22/2011 : Submitted AOS and IV packets via USPS Priority Mail

09/26/2011 : NVC received AOS and IV packets

10/03/2011 : checklist cover letter #4 - AOS line 25 being questioned

10/11/2011 : Response to RFE sent via USPS Priority Mail

10/11/2011 : checklist cover letter #5 - IV application OK! :) -NVC still waiting for RFE response

10/13/2011 : NVC received RFE reponse and now, we WAIT! :D

10/24/2011 : CASE COMPLETED! Thank you LORD! :D

11/02/2011 : Interview date confirmed via operator! <3

11/03/2011 : Interview appointment email received!

Your interview took 240 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

US EMBASSY MANILA

11/16/2011 : Medical Exam - SLEC DAY 1

11/17/2011 : Medical Exam - SLEC DAY 2 : PASSED! :D

12/09/2011 : Interview @ USEM Manila : APPROVED

12/16/2011 : Visa on hand! <3

USA

01/18/2012 : POE @ SFO

02/10/2012 : Green card received

Timeline

Thank you! :thumbs: The immigrant data summary is stapled outside the yellow envelop, opposite to the side where your passport was placed. DO NOT DETACHED it to the yellow envelop. You can only retrieve your passport inside the plastic pouch. :star:

I dont have it ,i guess for fiancee visa doesnt have, thats what i saw when I went through other forum, ...Anyway thank u very much

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.