workaholic

Unreliable E-notification Notification - whats the use !!!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey Vjers!!!

Today was the 22nd of Decemeber, and was really really down seeing a whole lot of aug filers being approved, and noticed on of the posts submitted by a user, that they got their NOA2 in mail, without and e notification or text! So then, I thought of calling USCIS , and spoke to an operator and she basically read the whole script of a "case being under proccess" which is the same thing you read when you check your status online..

So, as I ended my day , hoping it may get approved tomorrow or day after tmrw, raising my hopes and to get this thing off from my head , I got busy shopping for new yrs buying gifts for whole family... And as soon as I entered my building, I opened the mailbox.. And there I saw an envelope from USCIS !!!

AND GOT MY APPROVAL!!!!! Thanks Allah!!!

So the summary to all my VSC filers,,, keep checking your mailbox and be patient!! the whole notification system is unreliable!!!

All the best!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Hey Vjers!!!

Today was the 22nd of Decemeber, and was really really down seeing a whole lot of aug filers being approved, and noticed on of the posts submitted by a user, that they got their NOA2 in mail, without and e notification or text! So then, I thought of calling USCIS , and spoke to an operator and she basically read the whole script of a "case being under proccess" which is the same thing you read when you check your status online..

So, as I ended my day , hoping it may get approved tomorrow or day after tmrw, raising my hopes and to get this thing off from my head , I got busy shopping for new yrs buying gifts for whole family... And as soon as I entered my building, I opened the mailbox.. And there I saw an envelope from USCIS !!!

AND GOT MY APPROVAL!!!!! Thanks Allah!!!

So the summary to all my VSC filers,,, keep checking your mailbox and be patient!! the whole notification system is unreliable!!!

All the best!

Congrats!!!! Glad they finally started working at USCIS! :)

9/21/11 - Married in Syria
11/16/11 - Fedex I-130
11/17/11 - Received at USCIS
11/18/11 - Text received from USCIS - papers received - sent to California for processing
11/21/11 - touched
11/22/11 - check cleared - Received NOA1 form in mail
3/9/12 - Approved!!! NOA2!!! 113 days!
3/15/12 - NOA2 received in mail
3/19/12 - NVC received - no case # yet
4/3/12 - Case number received!
4/4/12 - Paid AOS bill (in process) and completed DS-261 Agent form / also emailed request to transfer to Beirut, Lebanon for interview
4/5/12 - AOS bill shows paid!
4/6/12 - emailed I-864ez and tax info
4/9/12 - (rec. confirmation email)I-864 and tax documents received by NVC / request to transfer embassy denied
4/30/12 - finally received confirmation email aos/i-864 approved (case was held due to embassy transfer request!!!)
5/2/12 - IV bill appeared online - paid!
5/3/12 - IV bill shows paid!
5/10/12 - FINALLY submitted DS-260 and emailed all supporting documents
5/15/12 - checklist from NVC - needed different marriage certificate
5/20/12 - emailed other marriage certificate
5/21/12 - email received
5/29/12 - CASE COMPLETE! FINALLY!!!

6/4/12 - Interview Scheduled

7/22/12 - INTERVIEW! APPROVED! NO A/P. KEPT HIS PASSPORT

7/28/12 - Visa in hand

7/29/12 - POE Philadelphia!

Removing conditions:

5/5/14 - Mailed form I-751

5/6/14 - Packet received at USCIS Vermont - signed for by A.Scoss

5/6/14 - NOA1 receipt date

5/13/14 - Check Cashed

5/13/14 - Received NOA1 in mail

5/19/14 - Received notice of Biometrics

6/11/14 - Biometrics

12/10/14 - Approval Letter Date!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I got my NOA2 on the same day as you did and I also did not get any e notification from them. I just checked my mail one day and there was a letter from them.

Do you know what happens now? like i know it goes to the NVC but how long does that take and them how long will it take to be reviewed at the embassy in islamabad pakistan?

Yes the case will now go to NVC and from there it will go to Islamabad. You will get a letter from NVC in 2-3 weeks, just confirming they got your case and has forwareded to the islamabad emabssy. Then either your fiance will get a letter from the islamabad emabssy or email telling them to submit the required paperworks. Make sure they start work on getting their Police clearnce certificate, their birth certificate, 2 visa size pictures, and copies of first 2 pages of their passport. Here is the email I received from the Islamabad embassy on what documents to prepare and send them as soon as possible.(NOTE: My fiance in pakistan did not receive any mail from the embassy, but i got an email only telling me what to do, so i forwareded that email to her so she can get the items ready). I GOT MY NOA2 ON NOVEMBER 17, AND EMAIL FROM ISLAMABAD ON NOVEMBER 30. I ACTUALLY GOT THE EMAIL FROM ISLAMABAD FIRST THEN THE LETTER FROM NVC WHICH CAME AROUND DEC 3. HERE is what might receive in the mail or email in coming few days or weeks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Embassy of the United States of America

Ramna 5, Diplomatic Enclave,

Islamabad,

Pakistan

Date: 30 Nov 2011

Name of my fiance

Her address

Dear Name:

Enclosed is a "packet 3.5" of forms and instructions. In order to qualify for an immigrant visa interview, please complete and sign (where appropriate) the attached documents and submit them to our office via an approved courier service (see attached list of offices)

We will review your documents within two to three weeks of receipt. If they are complete, we will schedule your interview.

If your documents are incomplete, we will return them to you along with a memo explaining their deficiencies. We will send our response to you via return courier service.

If your case includes a child who will be turning 21 in the next few months, please be sure to complete and return your documents as soon as possible and ask the courier to clearly label the folder as an "age-out" case so that it can be handled expeditiously (this does not apply to IR5 category).

Please follow these instructions, and the instructions contained in the attached forms, carefully. If your documents are incomplete, it will delay the scheduling of your interview. If you have any questions regarding the completion of this packet or the immigrant visa process, you may call us at (051) 2082700 between 12:30 to 3:30 pm (Monday to Friday), fax us at(051) 282-3673 or email at pakivinfo@state.gov.

Note: Please DO NOT schedule your medical exam unless you have been given an interview date. You should take your medical exam as close to your interview date as possible. Please bring the medical report with you at the time of your interview. You do not need to bring your X-rays to the interview.

Sincerely,

Chief, Immigrant Visa Unit

OPTIONAL: If you or your petitioner has an email address that we can use to reach you on short notice, please write it here:_______________________________

Case Number: #########

Name (P) : Name

Preference Category : K1 - PKST

Your Priority Date : 06 JUN 2011

Traveling Applicants:

Name date of birth

Dear Applicant,

Our office is now electronically sending instructions for Packet 3.5 for K1/K3 visas. You do not need to wait for Packet 3.5 in the mail. Please follow the instructions and links below to use the electronic version.

Electronic Visa Application Forms

You should complete and print the following forms online. You can download these forms here.

DS 156 – 2 Copies

DS 157

DS 156K – only for K1/fiancé visas

DS 230 – only complete Part 1

Parents’ Information form available here

Courier Service

Please print the completed forms and submit the required number of copies at the nearest American Express or Speed-Ex office. A list of these locations can be found here.

Important Note:

Applicants living outside Pakistan can submit forms via reliable courier services like FedEx, DHL, etc.

Civil Documents

Following civil documents with translation and copies are required:

Original birth certificates, marriage certificates, divorce/death certificates (for all prior marriages)

Police certificates from all cities where you have lived for more than 6 months after reaching the age of 16 (Police certificates from Afghanistan or India not needed for Pakistani citizens)2 additional visa photos (front view) with white or off-white background (2x2 inches) - photos must be un-cropped and without any editing or enhancements

Copy of the first 2 pages of the applicant’s passport

Affidavit of Support (I-134) Optional

Petitioner/sponsor may submit the Affidavit of Support. It is optional for K1/K3 applications.

We will review the submitted documents for completeness and will contact the applicant for any additional documentation. Once the applicant is documentarily qualified, we will schedule an interview.

Medical Exams

At the time of the interview, the applicant must also provide medical exam results from an Embassy designated physician. The list of these physicians is available here. You do NOT need to bring your chest X-rays to the Embassy.

We hope this information will be helpful to you. Please do not hesitate to contact us via email at pakivquery@state.gov if you require any further information.

Thanks,

Immigration Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy Islamabad

Tel#+92-51-208-2700 (12:30pm to 3:30pm)

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Congratulations to you! workaholic & S and S always, that are good news! :thumbs:

K-1:

02-13-2010 *got engaged

08-09-2011 *I-129F Petition sent

08-11-2011 *Received date for NOA1

08-20-2011 *NOA1 in the mail

01-03-2012 *NOA2 via e-mail

01-25-2012 *Pack 3 in mail

02-03-2012 *DS-Froms sent to embassy

02-15-2012 *Medical in Frankfurt

02-28-2012 *Checklist (Pack 3) faxed

02-29-2012 *Checklist (Pack 3) sent out via mail

03-03-2012 *Packet 4 in mail

03-20-2012 *Interview - APPROVED*

03-28-2012 *Visa in mail

04-03-2012 *POE Dulles Virginia

04-11-2012 *Marriage at the court

05-17-2012 *Wedding Ceremony & Reception with Family and Friends

AOS:

05-15-2012 *AOS filed

05-29-2012 *NOA1 in the mail for: I-485; I-765; I-131

06-01-2012 *Biometrics Appointment in the mail

03-13-2012 *Transfered to CSC

06-20-2012 *Biometrics Appointment 2pm

07-24-2012 *Approved EAD (e-mail)

07-24-2012 *Approved Travel Document (e-mail)

08-01-2012 *EAD & AP 'Combo Card' in mail :)

01-26-2013 *Approved AOS (e-mail)

02-01-2013 *GREEN CARD in mail

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congratulations to you both!

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.