Goldfinch

Need help on my sad complicated case

107 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I'm thinking MENA/Muslim like either Libya, Afghanistan, Pakistan or Iraq...

FWIW, do you really think anyone here can help this person?

Agreed, I think all of us understand that no amount of advice anyone can offer here will be a viable solution to this person who is clearly in a huge immigration mess. Hence the advice to seek qualified legal assistance.

To the OP, I'm sorry but I don't buy the whole "I can't afford an immigration attorney". Where there's a will there's a way. If you truly want to be together as much as you say you do then you would do whatever it takes even if it means you or your fiancee getting a second job or selling a few material items. I could definitely afford an attorney on my salary which isn't by any means extraordinary and I've also seen people afford attorneys who earned much less than me.

The advice you receive here is no substitution for an experienced attorney especially in a case as extreme as yours.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Way too much to decipher, but if you had no knowledge of what was happening, but insist upon saying you committed a fraud the statement is contradictory. Do yourself a favor and start being honest with yourself. You had someone hook you up and it all backfired. Is your current fiancée working or receiving Government disability? Is she filing taxes in US? Does she meet poverty level for you and others in household? I believe the two of you should take some time to look at all things entailed before taking the steps to plan a marriage and file I130. If you are complaining about money now you could encounter more hardships. I don't fully understand why you mention her medical condition or that of her brother unless you are thinking this could speed things up or make a CO view your case differently. You can seek the assistance of a lawyer, but what are you and your fiancée prepared to do if your current plan doesn't work?

Edited by Olomi_811

Filed: Country:
Timeline
I don't fully understand why you mention her medical condition or that of her brother

He's thinking of a suitable hardship on the USC for the waiver he'd need to overcome his previous Immigration Fraud...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

He's thinking of a suitable hardship on the USC for the waiver he'd need to overcome his previous Immigration Fraud...

Shhhhh...I want him to say that. I said it was way too much to decipher; I didn't say it couldn't be :whistle:

Agreed that you went through quite a bit, and indeed tough luck, but it was just that.... You got a tough break.... You aren't the only one. There are many around who've been through as much or even more.... So let's not judge another cos of what we went through please

I'm sorry, how is she judging? He admitted he entered into a fraudulent marriage. He is a criminal. Nothing to judge there. He already stated it is a fact.

I honestly cannot understand how so many people can condone people wanting to cheat the system.

Do things the right way or do not come to the US at all.

it took 18 minutes for someone with a "holier than thou" attitude to butt in... that must be some kind of record.... !!!!!!!!

I do not believe it takes a holier than thou attitude to be outraged by people who do things like enter into a fraudulent marriage. People like the OP are the reason the rest of us had to wait so long to be with our spouses. If there were not so many people committing fraud the process would not be so cumbersome. Seriously, how can you defend someone of such low moral fibre?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I do not believe it takes a holier than thou attitude to be outraged by people who do things like enter into a fraudulent marriage. People like the OP are the reason the rest of us had to wait so long to be with our spouses. If there were not so many people committing fraud the process would not be so cumbersome. Seriously, how can you defend someone of such low moral fibre?

a) im not defending him... im just not judging him either.

b) from what he has said it really isnt clear whether he committed fraud or he was just naively involve.

c) if he is guilty then he deserves what he gets... but im still not gonna judge him for it because that isnt my call

Edited by Dan & Jenni

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

LIsten, one thing is to defend or insult him and another thing is freedom of expression. If anyone, like the OP, opens a can of worms like this, you better toughen up and take the criticism coming your way. To insult him would be crossing the line, but to tell it like it is.... is our right. Like you, I am outraged and I said it. I went to a so called 'war zone' to do things right. Have his new wife go to the 'war zone' to get her new husband. Period.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

99% of what has been posted seems irrelevant.

Unless he can prove to USCIS's satisfaction that he did not engage in Marriage Fraud to obtain an Immigration Benefit then that is it.

This seems from what has been posted highly unlikely.

He was heading for jail in the US, they do prosecute such issues.

My supposition is that she will need to be the one to move in this case.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I read the entire soap opera and I will say what I have to say. If you think I'm being judgemental or worse... go ahead.

This whole ####### pisses me off beyond understanding and I'll tell you why. When the "guess the country he is from" started, roughly after page 5, MENA/ muslim countries were the first on the list. I went thru all legal avenues to get my fiancee, from Egypt, approved. The main reason we did is because we love each other genuinely and we want to get married. There was no need for third parties or marriage brokers. I proceeded with caution, later to find out, he was proceeding with caution too. And that was a relief, I must say.

All this said, the first question that comes to my mind is, why on earth is a 22 year old involved with marriage brokers and other immigration workers (putting it lightly)? BECAUSE HE WANTS TO MIGRATE! If a 19 year old blonde hottie came to his life thru a marriage broker, HE SOLICITED HER (or at least someone to marry for immigration purposes). The 3rd party didn't put a gun on his head, neither did she, to marry her. So, the victim story is b#$%^&*t. There, I said it.

The second question that comes to my mind is, why on earth this story is full of patches to victimize himself and minimize his involvement, including to the extent of claiming drug usage... and what not? Because he knows he is guilty of fraud. If you are in the country and you are a victim, you call the police and build a case. You do not divorce and find a new wife, who I will dare to call a new victim.

I am not apologizing telling it like it is. If I sound harsh, so be it. But like the previous poster, I have 0 tolerance for #######, and that goes on both ends: the USC and the immigrant. Like the 99% of us here, we do things right and some of us, even so, get denied.

So to the "victim": stop dancing around the truth and tell it like it is, or start looking for another war zone to live in.

Nicely put

AOS APPROVED MAY 19, 2012

GREENCARD RECEIVED MAY 31, 2012

TIMELINE UPDATED

What many seem to be missing is that this type of fraud is a victimless crime. The damage that is being done is to those who now must undergo even tighter scrutiny even though they have followed the rules, not mention the further delays in those people's cases.

What many seem to be missing is that this type of fraud is a victimless crime. The damage that is being done is to those who now must undergo even tighter scrutiny even though they have followed the rules, not mention the further delays in those people's cases.

Sorry, Meant to say it's NOT a victimless crime. :bonk:

Filed: Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Sorry, Meant to say it's NOT a victimless crime. :bonk:

:lol: I was wondering about that when I read your earlier post... but didn't say anything :blush:

December 2009 -- Visit to Malaysia.

February 2010 -- Applied for B2 visa, approved.

March 2010 -- Visited US.

April 2010 -- Returned from US.

May 2010 -- Sent in K1 Visa application.

July 2010 -- Received NOA2 in 71 days from NOA1.

July 2010 -- Packet 3 received.

August 2010 -- Cancellation of K1 Visa application.

Click HERE for VisaJourney guides.

image.gif?fsize=50&font=Filxgirl.TTF&text= MalaysianGirl &mirror=no&color=0033FF&vcolor=996699&bgcolor=α=yes&output=gif&spacing=4&shadow=undefined&transparent=no

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Of course I am not gonna tell the consul all the details I am just gonna say I did a fraud and that's it but u asked for details and I am telling u what happened I know it might be hard for u to believe , like it's hard to believe that my new fiencee I met online and within 2 weeks she traveled the half world from the deep south to a country which most Americans would be terrified just to hear its name , we were in love by talking to each other online in just 2 weeks and she came and we met and spent the best days of our lives that was 3 years ago and we are still together , talking on webcam every single day and we wanna get married even though we know that we will probably be denied wether it makes sense to you or not our love is so strong that we wanna do everything we could to make it work

waw only 2 weeks and she traveled to your country just to meet you? did you paid for the ticket? did she came back to visit after that?

Edited by dan_leb

====================================================================================

USCIS

September 16, 2011 - petition sent

September 20, 2011 - NOA-1

September 27, 2011 - NOA-2

NVC

SEPTEMBER 30 2011 CASE RECEIVED waiting for case number

OCTOBER 19 2011 RECEIVED THE CASE NUMBER BY PHONE

OCTOBER 26 2011 AOS BILL INVOICED AND PAID

OCTOBER 26 2011 Choose of agent email sent(DS3032)

OCTOBER 28 2011 Received AOS/DS3032 email

OCTOBER 31 2011 AOS package reached NVC by DHL

November 1 2011 IV bill invoiced and paid

November 7 2011 IV package received by the NVC

November 9 2011 Case completed --waiting for the interview date

---Interview Date December 8 2011 approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.