14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I know this as been the asked time and time again,but I would sure like to know why it's so hard to process a little paperwork.I know that the goverment wanted to check you out they can do it in a few moments.Why don't they apply this to this process there will be allot more happy folks.Now for the question do these people and any numbers to meet or deadline they have to keep?

What happen to high tech and trying to help your fellow man.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I know this as been the asked time and time again,but I would sure like to know why it's so hard to process a little paperwork.

Xenophobia?

9/19/11 - sent I-129F

9/21/11 - email NOA1

9/27/11 - hard copy NOA1

3/20/12 - congressional inquiry (6 months since NOA1)

4/4/12 - inquiry result: petition approved (still no NOA2 text/email/letter)

4/20/12 - packet 3 received from embassy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It is called BUREAUCRACY :yes:

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I know this as been the asked time and time again,but I would sure like to know why it's so hard to process a little paperwork.I know that the goverment wanted to check you out they can do it in a few moments.Why don't they apply this to this process there will be allot more happy folks.Now for the question do these people and any numbers to meet or deadline they have to keep?

What happen to high tech and trying to help your fellow man.

As has been explained to you before, it is not hard. They do it in 20 minutes or so. There are a LOT of petitions and other work ahead of yours. A LOT. They "check you out" in less than one minute, unless they run into possible matches on "bad guy" lists (for lack of better term)

They use hi-tech automated and computerized records systems and have everything they need in seconds.

As to your other question. Yes and no. Bear in mind that two adjudicators visit this house every week at least. I am not guessing, they are personal friends of Alla. They have expected production "quotas" BUT they are required to process each completely, they DO NOT approve them in order to get a cetain number done, no. 20-24 per 10 hour day is about normal, could be more, could be less. Unless it is consistently less than the goal there are no consequences.

they get holidays, vacations, sick days etc just like other humans.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

As has been explained to you before, it is not hard. They do it in 20 minutes or so. There are a LOT of petitions and other work ahead of yours. A LOT. They "check you out" in less than one minute, unless they run into possible matches on "bad guy" lists (for lack of better term)

They use hi-tech automated and computerized records systems and have everything they need in seconds.

As to your other question. Yes and no. Bear in mind that two adjudicators visit this house every week at least. I am not guessing, they are personal friends of Alla. They have expected production "quotas" BUT they are required to process each completely, they DO NOT approve them in order to get a cetain number done, no. 20-24 per 10 hour day is about normal, could be more, could be less. Unless it is consistently less than the goal there are no consequences.

No sick days allow until they are finish.You sure are on top of all topics here and very helpful and I sorry for the same question and thanks for keeping track.Happy Holidays.

Timeline

No sick days allow until they are finish.You sure are on top of all topics here and very helpful and I sorry for the same question and thanks for keeping track.Happy Holidays.

Offically they get a day off for Christmas and New Years. That is it. They work 4 day weeks, 10 hours per day. Since Christmas and New Years are on Sunday, the holiday will be Monday. If Monday is usually your day off you get Tuesday instead. If Friday is your day off you work only three days next week. But if you can get 11 days off for the use of only THREE vacation days...would you? :yes:

Do not expect many petitions to be approved next week.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

If the wait time isn't increasing that means they are finishing applications as fast as people submit them. So how did they get 5 months behind?

9/19/11 - sent I-129F

9/21/11 - email NOA1

9/27/11 - hard copy NOA1

Timeline

If the wait time isn't increasing that means they are finishing applications as fast as people submit them. So how did they get 5 months behind?

You answred your own question. People were submitting faster than they could be processed. Assuming that they are just holding their own now, it cannot be assumed to mean there were never more applications being submitted in the past. Now, if NO ONE sent in a petition of any kind for 4 months, then they could get back to where they were in November 2009.

Check my timeline. 58 days. In late 2009 they were processing petitions at VSC in under 30 days.

You also assume they only do K-1s, hardly. K-1s are barely a drop in the bucket, your case is barely a blip on the radar. One of the biggest impacts came with the earthquake in Haiti and the subsequent priority given to Haitians (but not for Haitian K-1s) for immigrant visa applications.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Timeline

You answred your own question. People were submitting faster than they could be processed. Assuming that they are just holding their own now, it cannot be assumed to mean there were never more applications being submitted in the past. Now, if NO ONE sent in a petition of any kind for 4 months, then they could get back to where they were in November 2009.

Check my timeline. 58 days. In late 2009 they were processing petitions at VSC in under 30 days.

You also assume they only do K-1s, hardly. K-1s are barely a drop in the bucket, your case is barely a blip on the radar. One of the biggest impacts came with the earthquake in Haiti and the subsequent priority given to Haitians (but not for Haitian K-1s) for immigrant visa applications.

Interesting, so you're saying everyone applying for a visa (K-1, B-1, B-2 etc) is in the same queue? I didn't realize people applying for work visas had to wait so long.

9/19/11 - sent I-129F

9/21/11 - email NOA1

9/27/11 - hard copy NOA1

Timeline

Interesting, so you're saying everyone applying for a visa (K-1, B-1, B-2 etc) is in the same queue? I didn't realize people applying for work visas had to wait so long.

The numbers of K petitions change. Is there something difficult about what I am saying? Work visas do not wait so long of course. Temporary work visas are processed very quickly. No FAIR, right? Wrong. Work visas are not for permanent residency like a K or CR visa and are for temporary employment, which employment may vanish before a visa is issued. Do you want your fiancee to apply for a work visa instead? She will get it faster. But she will not be able to marry you and adjust status.

B-1s and B-2 do not go through service centers, they are not petitioned. Visitor visas are done at the consulates.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

The numbers of K petitions change. Is there something difficult about what I am saying? Work visas do not wait so long of course. Temporary work visas are processed very quickly. No FAIR, right? Wrong. Work visas are not for permanent residency like a K or CR visa and are for temporary employment, which employment may vanish before a visa is issued. Do you want your fiancee to apply for a work visa instead? She will get it faster. But she will not be able to marry you and adjust status.

B-1s and B-2 do not go through service centers, they are not petitioned. Visitor visas are done at the consulates.

Gary could you please give me some direction on how to contact someone who has authority to discuss our personal file? I understand the reason for delay because we were given some information on what had to be submitted (paid for a step by step guide) and were given our RFE but the timeline is way off. We are going into our ninth month since our NOA1. What we want is to talk to someone who can actually answer questions. By admission of the person at the infopass appointment we are "way out out the normal processing timeline, and that SHE (Me) is only from Canada for Heavens sake". Can't find someone to talk to.

thank you

Terri

Edited by at long last

Fiance visa

04/28/2011 - I-129F - DENIED

02/18/2012 - I-129F petition filed
02/24/2012 - NOA1
09/04/2012 - NOA2, 193 days

Interview:10/22/2012
POE: 10/26/2012 (245 days)

Removal of Conditions

Filed for ROC - 06/09/2015

NOA1 for ROC - 06/12/2015

Biometrics appointment - 07/17/2015

Approval for ROC - 04/20/2016 (316 days)

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

N-400 biometrics 06/20/16

N-400 interview 01/23/2017

N-400 Oath ceremony 02/10/2017

Immigration Process took 2116 days.

Timeline

Thanks for the info. Just to be clear I'm not trying to be argumentative I'm just curious about how this works. Why do you know all this stuff anyway?

9/19/11 - sent I-129F

9/21/11 - email NOA1

9/27/11 - hard copy NOA1

Timeline

Thanks for the info. Just to be clear I'm not trying to be argumentative I'm just curious about how this works. Why do you know all this stuff anyway?

I live every close to VSC, two of our friends are adjudicators and one is a department head, Alla is an interpreter for USCIS, among other agencies. USCIS is a big employer in this area.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Gary could you please give me some direction on how to contact someone who has authority to discuss our personal file? I understand the reason for delay because we were given some information on what had to be submitted (paid for a step by step guide) and were given our RFE but the timeline is way off. We are going into our ninth month since our NOA1. What we want is to talk to someone who can actually answer questions. By admission of the person at the infopass appointment we are "way out out the normal processing timeline, and that SHE (Me) is only from Canada for Heavens sake". Can't find someone to talk to.

thank you

Terri

Your country of origin has little to do with petition processing.

There is no one by telephone you can talk to that will give you any good information and yes, you are way out the normal time frame.

I would say to contact your Senator or Congressman, each center has congressional liasons that they contact and they will get answers. Congress does not oversee USCIS and USCIS does not report to Congress but Congress DOES control the budgets so they can get answers.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.