gretchen_darren

Waiting..... Waiting

255 posts in this topic

Darren...I'm wondering about your witness as a good Christian in broadcasting Gretchen's virtue to the world.

Maybe it was another immaculate conception? :innocent:

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Maybe it was another immaculate conception? :innocent:

Honey, behave. 12.gif

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

hehe: Do not rebuke an older man but encourage him as you would a father, younger men as brothers, older women as mothers, younger women as sisters, in all purity. -- I timothy 5: 1-2 and I timothy 3:12-- I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

The only warning regarding age in marriage is to avoid marrying someone young for lustful purposes, and avoid marrying someone older for money. “Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity” (1 Timothy 4:12).

Question: Is there anywhere in the Bible that says anything about "age difference" between a man and a woman in a relationship? What is biblically accepted or not?

Answer:

There are laws regarding marriage in both the Old Testament and the New Testament. They are:

1). People should not marry next of kin. (Leviticus 18:6)

2). A man should not marry a woman without her consent. (Genesis 24:58)

3). A Christian should not marry a non-Christian. (2 Corinthians 6:14)

4). The man should have sufficient means to care for his family. (1 Timothy 4:8)

5). Paul, in I Timothy 5:14, said it is a good idea for women to marry young, but no reference is made of a specific age.

6). Older women are to set an example for the younger women. (Titus 2:3-4) We could infer that older couples should set a godly example for younger couples, which would imply that couples who marry would be close in age.

there is nothing in the Bible that speaks directly about age difference in considering a marriage.

There was an age difference between Ruth and Boaz, though we don't know exactly how much, only that Ruth was seen to be attractive to young men and Boaz was an older man. "Then he said, "Blessed are you of the LORD, my daughter! For you have shown more kindness at the end than at the beginning, in that you did not go after young men, whether poor or rich"" (Ruth 3:10). "There was a relative of Naomi's husband, a man of great wealth, of the family of Elimelech. His name was Boaz" (Ruth 2:1).

Also, did you know King david married a young wife in his old age. He did not know her, but she cared for him and kept him warm. I kings 1:1-5,15.

I may just send these things to my Dad and mom to counsel my sister versus dealing with her. I do not know yet as to the right and proper way. i just know we have discussed many many items and many things.... but yet nothing seems apparent to me as to the proper way yet. The one thing which seems appropriate is to only answer her issues in a way which is not causing her to react as being attacked.

Darren, it isn't just about looking for Bibal passages you feel will justify your actions. it's about looking into the meaning of the words and how to apply them to your life. " your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path" psalm 119:105

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Antagonizing his sister accomplishes nothing except convincing her she was right. There is no set of words that is going to fix this for him in the short term. He needs to take the high road - over time she will come around or she won't... Do not try to win an argument or sway her opinion.... It won't work. Just live your life and be a good person and be open to communication..

No, No ,No it won't convince her that she was right. Darren sending his wife back to the philippines and telling his sister he was wrong would convince her that she was right.

The only way his sister will except the fact that he is a grown man and that he can make his own decisions is to not give a Frickin Flip what she thinks about him and how he lives his life. I believe my post that you commented on explained how to take the high road in his situation.

When my sister called my wife a mail order bride, i turned around, bent over, spread my checks and told her to talk to my (####). Trust me it has plenty to say. My sister doesn't give me ####### about it anymore because she knows what she will be talking to it if she does.

John

Edited by Dex22

Filed: Country:
Timeline
When my sister called my wife a mail order bride, i turned around, bent over, spread my checks and told her to talk to my (####). Trust me it has plenty to say. My sister doesn't give me ####### about it anymore because she knows what she will be talking to it if she does.

And that is exactly how you should defend you wife's honor in situations like this.

Make it clear that if they are going to be talking out of their rear then you reserve the right to respond in kind...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am disgusted by all of this and the virgin statement. I believe you did seek her out for this reason. She may have never had opportunity to date, fall in love, have heart broken or any lessons in life. Your took more from her than her virginity.

eb0dfafc.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

When will we hear from Gretchen. She can talk to a Filipino on her in own language. So we would know its her own thoughts, feeling and story. I dont believe you would let her. You are spending a whole lot of time on here. Are you looking for sympathy from VJ or justification. Wont get it from me. Let her talk!!!!!!!!!

This is an absolutely disgusting to talk about your wife's virtue. :angry: I think Gretchen should SLAP you in the face. :angry:

I personally find your behavior, mentality, perspective and bafoonery amazingly idiotic. :bonk:

Gretchen, your husband says you read these posts... if so, then why are you letting him behave this way? Why do you let him expose intimate details about you? Don't you feel embarrassed?

IMHO, you should suspend his posting privileges until he learns to behave like a gentleman. :whistle:

I think Darren was making a joke about what he could write his sister to piss her off more about the situation. Not to be taken literal by us VJ members.

I am disgusted by all of this and the virgin statement. I believe you did seek her out for this reason. She may have never had opportunity to date, fall in love, have heart broken or any lessons in life. Your took more from her than her virginity.

Again that starment i think was a joke. Not to be taken literal.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How was Gretchen, who came from a family with very limited resources able to find you on the internet? One of you had to have been looking. Do you think her family was providing her pocket money to spend time online at an internet cafe in hopes of finding a Kano? What were her ambitions or goals prior to the two of you meeting online?

People are and should remain free to better their lives through marriage. No fault can be made of anyone for doing it, and the reverse would only be done by an idiot: purposefully make themselves worse off through marriage. That's why we have no right to judge this...

Other than the juicy drama potential because it tries to insinuate the girl is a prostitute and the parents are pimps. Better still the child bride accusation because then we get to call Darren a pedophile too.

This is the drama thread. Darren is doing well manipulating everyone, including us, including me. I posted, so I'm guilty.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

People are and should remain free to better their lives through marriage. No fault can be made of anyone for doing it, and the reverse would only be done by an idiot: purposefully make themselves worse off through marriage. That's why we have no right to judge this...

I agree with the part in red. Darren said that he wasn't looking for a Filipina, which aroused my curiosity how they "found one another," given her personal circumstances. What I think Darren seems to suffer from which appears common here among Fil/Am couples is that there's a certain level of delusion over the whole courtship process, as if two people just happened to bump into each other on sidewalk, made eye-contact and knew at the moment they were destined for one another.

You're right though - there's no fault in finding a mate online. However, when a person claims that they weren't really looking for what they ended up getting in terms of a mate, a little perspective is needed. Based on what Darren has stated, I think he got exactly what he wanted in a spouse.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

given how this thread has gone so far sideways that it's become a bash the op fest, it's now closed. thank you for your participation and interest.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.