EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats Zinger!! I m so happy for u... Ready definitely means a good news inshaAllah...can u tell me briefly please what was your status before and for how many days??? I cant remember exactly wats going on with u....sorry...

My status changed today (with an update) from Expiring soon to AP again after 11 days :( ....dont know if its a good or bad sign...u were right CAROLYN we should check status when its embassy's closing time...can u tell me carolyn wat does it mean???

Timeline

Usually expiring soon means some documents are about to expire but sometimes it's just a mistake. You are in AP where they are doing name checks, document checks or

making a decision on the visa.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

When were you interviewed? When the embassy called you, did they say your case is going through final processing or something like that?

Below is the name of people who submitted passport on embassy request and yet no response from embassy. It doesn't make any sense, if the visa was not ready, why they asked for passport.

Name Passport-Submission-date

@cyberhawk 12 september 2013

@ahmadjutt 30 september 2013

@ayan_khaan 7 october 2013

@junglegym ? october 2013

@neosez ? october 2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Embassy does not issue immigrant visa with the expired medical. You should contact embassy and do a new medical ASAP!

My fiances expires next month so i became proactive and emailed them after what you guys said, and hinted that if they can issue the visa before that it'll be great :P No harm in trying... especially since they've updated the date on ceac more frequently of recent for our case.

Timeline

Hi...what happened next?? Did u get any updates??? I hope u get ur visa soon...

The first week of my interview my status changed 4 times, i had my interview September 20 so my case hasn't changed since 30 September. i don't know what is taking them so long to update their database., initially i kept checking my status each day which was making me upset alot. so now we have stopped getting myself busy at work, Probably will check once in a week hope inshallah i will get it soon my prayers are for everyone out there.

Timeline

When were you interviewed? When the embassy called you, did they say your case is going through final processing or something like that?

My interview was on 13 September 2012, On my request the embassy returned passport in may 2013. On embassy request, i submitted fresh Medical, DS-230 and photos in August 2013. On 1 October 2013, the embassy send the below email, I submitted my passport on 7th October.... Whats your story..

"

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please submit following documents in order to further process this case.

• Orginal valid passport

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit, Consular Section

American Embassy, Islamabad

"

Congrats Zinger!! I m so happy for u... Ready definitely means a good news inshaAllah...can u tell me briefly please what was your status before and for how many days??? I cant remember exactly wats going on with u....sorry...

My status changed today (with an update) from Expiring soon to AP again after 11 days sad.png ....dont know if its a good or bad sign...u were right CAROLYN we should check status when its embassy's closing time...can u tell me carolyn wat does it mean???

thanks LAgirl. it was AP before and has been since sept 2012. my status updated today too.

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks LAgirl. it was AP before and has been since sept 2012. my status updated today too.

Hi. Does your status show:

Ready

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

I got the same status since Nov 15, 2013 but up to now it's still ready although the ceac date is updated everyday.

Hi. Does your status show:

Ready

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

I got the same status since Nov 15, 2013 but up to now it's still ready although the ceac date is updated everyday.

Yes it did say something like that and the next step will be AP again but do not worry I believe it's the common next step as I guess issuing the visa itself is an administrative process...!! Don't stress

Timeline

Yes it did say something like that and the next step will be AP again but do not worry I believe it's the common next step as I guess issuing the visa itself is an administrative process...!! Don't stress

I hope so. Thanks. I have been in AP for more than 120 days already.

Timeline

well you will get inshallah, mine changed to AP again in the morning and just now i just checked and it says ISSUED!!!!

Hey CONGRATS! That's fantastic. Please pray for me too. Soon It will be issued too for me and my family.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.