EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I don't understand, why did the Consular office give me Pamphlets "Welcome to the United States" and the other one saying Your rights as a Legal permanent resident and about Domestic violence :o My visa is not approved yet :o And our case is in Administrative Processing. Who knows how long it is going to take :(

Do you guys know what that means? Did anyone else get those pamphlets too even if visa is not approved? Kindly please let me know.

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I don't understand, why did the Consular office give me Pamphlets "Welcome to the United States" and the other one saying Your rights as a Legal permanent resident and about Domestic violence :o My visa is not approved yet :o And our case is in Administrative Processing. Who knows how long it is going to take :(

Do you guys know what that means? Did anyone else get those pamphlets too even if visa is not approved? Kindly please let me know.

I think it is part of their standard procedure. On the day of my interview, I too was given a pamphlet stating my rights as a legal immigrant. I was not given that welcome to U.S.A one though.

Currently, I am in AP. Have sent in the Joint Sponsor documents which were received and signed by some guy known as Ansar at the front desk (Saturday 20 April). There has not been any official confirmation from the embassy yet. I just received a confirmation by courier service that the package has been delivered. I do wonder how it was accepted on a Saturday as I suppose the embassy should be closed on weekends.

Married: 12/01/2011
USCIS Stage:
I-130 sent: 12/29/2011 NOA1: 01/03/2012 NOA2: 09/24/2012 (Text and website) - 09/28/2012 (In mail) <265 days to approval from NOA1 date>
I-129F sent: 01/14/2012 NOA1: 01/18/2012 NOA2: 09/27/2012 (Withdrawn)
RFE: 08/13/2012 "Proof of Bona Fide marital relationship". (Took them 7 months, 1 week and 4 days to send an RFE).
RFE Responce received by CSC-USCIS on 09/07/2012.
NVC Stage:
NVC Received: 10/09/2012
NVC issued Case #, IIN and BIN: 10/10/2012
IV Package Received at NVC: 12/03/2012

EMBASSY STAGE:
interview March 20, 2013 : results AP (sent in paperwork for co-sponsor received 4-20-2013)

Issued: September 30, 2013

POE: Raleigh-Durham International Airport, NC @ 10-17-2013 (Easy entry, pleasant experience).

Removal of Conditions on Residence:

Filed: August 14, 2015 - VSC

NOA1: 08/19/2015

Date of Decision: 06-03-2013

Letter of Approval received: 06-09-2016

Green Card received: 07-15-2016

Naturlization N-400:

Filed: September 16, 2019

Biometrics: October 9, 2019

Interview: August 24, 2020

Approval: Approved and received Naturalization Certificate same day.

Timeline

Today embassy response my email inquiry but in ceac site update date still same not changed.my papers are gona expire soon last day i send email to embassy about expiring papers. but i got this reply.why embassy giving same response to everyone why they not reply what we ask ....

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Please note that your visa application is under administrative processing. The Embassy cannot predict how long the processing may take; Please note that administrative processing can take up to 6 months or even longer. Please rest assured that as soon as the administrative processing is completed, the Embassy will contact you immediately using the contact information you provided in your DS-230 application form. If you have not heard from the Embassy after six months from the date of this response, you may send a follow-up inquiry.

If your contact numbers or any information from your DS-230 has changed, please notify us using the Immigrant Visa Unit’s web-based e-mail submission form at http://islamabad.usembassy.gov (use the links Immigrant Visas ---> Contact Information --> Immigrant Visa Inquiries).

Yours truly,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

You may also check on the status of your case at https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/

hy i read ur last posts and you write there that u will deffinately approve at 1st place then why u now under administrative process.

Timeline

When the embassy is ready for you to send in new papers and medical they will contact you. My husband has been in AP for 9 months and he just got an email asking for new papers, his medical and his passport.

Timeline

but u cant rely that if they ask for documents, they r ready to issue the visa. my wife was asked for these docs early feb and has been in Ap since feb last year. she sent her docs in 3rd week of feb, and till date her case is in AP without any updates or hope of being issued anytime soon. we have totally given up and dont even think or talk about it. life has to go on.

but u cant rely that if they ask for documents, they r ready to issue the visa. my wife was asked for these docs early feb and has been in Ap since feb last year. she sent her docs in 3rd week of feb, and till date her case is in AP without any updates or hope of being issued anytime soon. we have totally given up and dont even think or talk about it. life has to go on.

I sent mine paper in the 3rd week of Feb as well but still havent heard anything back yet. I am in my 15th month.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Bro i also send my papers on 28th Feb But still nothing.ur update date changing or stuck?

I sent mine paper in the 3rd week of Feb as well but still havent heard anything back yet. I am in my 15th month.

Dear just wait we can't do anything

Today embassy response my email inquiry but in ceac site update date still same not changed.my papers are gona expire soon last day i send email to embassy about expiring papers. but i got this reply.why embassy giving same response to everyone why they not reply what we ask ....

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Please note that your visa application is under administrative processing. The Embassy cannot predict how long the processing may take; Please note that administrative processing can take up to 6 months or even longer. Please rest assured that as soon as the administrative processing is completed, the Embassy will contact you immediately using the contact information you provided in your DS-230 application form. If you have not heard from the Embassy after six months from the date of this response, you may send a follow-up inquiry.

If your contact numbers or any information from your DS-230 has changed, please notify us using the Immigrant Visa Unit's web-based e-mail submission form at http://islamabad.usembassy.gov (use the links Immigrant Visas ---> Contact Information --> Immigrant Visa Inquiries).

Yours truly,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

You may also check on the status of your case at https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/

hy i read ur last posts and you write there that u will deffinately approve at 1st place then why u now under administrative process.

Got ds 3032 :23 March 2010

Interview : 09-09-2010 Result :Administrative Processing

In december 2010 priority dates retrogessed and wait priority date current again in

MARCH 2012 2nd

Medical submit :07 March 2012 Result :Administrative Processing

3rd Medical submit :28th Feb 2013 Result Administrative Processing

4th Medical submit :26th Feb 2014 Result :Got email reply from embassy that they will call me for finger prints and oath ..and still waiting Got call for finger prints and oath

on 12th MAY Went for finger prints and oath :21th May Result :ApprovedVisa Issued :22.05.2014

visa Issued Today after 3 years 8 months and 13 days

Green Card fee paid : 05/06/2014

Poe :17/06/2014

Ssn Received :27-06-2014

Green Card Produced and Mailed :07/22/2014

Got 10 YEAR Green Card :25/07/2014

Citizenship

Event                                Date

Service Center :             Online

CIS Office :                     New York City NY

Date Filed :                     2019-12-21

NOA Date :                     2019-12-28

Bio. Appt. :                     2020-01-06

Interview Date :            2021-03-25

Approved :                     2021-11-03

Oath Ceremony :          2021-11-19

Timeline

I'm noticing a trend HerE. That embassy sent out a lot of emails and postal mail letters in end of Jan and all of Feb for updated docs like occur medical etc. And what I am seeing is that those Ppl who mailed their docs on or before 15th feb, have been issued visa. Those who mailed after are still waiting without any updates. As zeezee said he mailed docs third week Feb, soccer player on 28th Feb and my wife sent them on 20th Feb. So we r all still waiting. I could be wrong. Just my assumption that maybe they got bombarded with a lot of mail and r slowly taking their time to go through the updated docs n issue visa. Or it could also be that it was a phase where they were issuing immigrant visas for a certain amount of time in Feb and until 15th march or so. And since we mailed our stuff later in Feb and it didn't reach the consular section till later, we r waiting n they may be processing some other category of visas. Wht do u guys think?

Timeline

I'm noticing a trend HerE. That embassy sent out a lot of emails and postal mail letters in end of Jan and all of Feb for updated docs like occur medical etc. And what I am seeing is that those Ppl who mailed their docs on or before 15th feb, have been issued visa. Those who mailed after are still waiting without any updates. As zeezee said he mailed docs third week Feb, soccer player on 28th Feb and my wife sent them on 20th Feb. So we r all still waiting. I could be wrong. Just my assumption that maybe they got bombarded with a lot of mail and r slowly taking their time to go through the updated docs n issue visa. Or it could also be that it was a phase where they were issuing immigrant visas for a certain amount of time in Feb and until 15th march or so. And since we mailed our stuff later in Feb and it didn't reach the consular section till later, we r waiting n they may be processing some other category of visas. Wht do u guys think?

That could very well be true. My husband sent in requested documents which were re-submission of medical, police clearance, ds230, affidavit of support and passport pictures on Feb 6th. I saw daily updates the week after they were sent and nothing much since. I see occasional updates maybe once a month now. We have been in AP for over 21 months and were very hopeful that we would have a visa in hand soon as we submit those documents but I dont know what to expect anymore. I dont know why some people were issued visas shortly after submitting those documents are why rest of us are still waiting. I wish this process made sense but it doesnt :(

CvOzm4.png

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

post here ur date when u submit ur documents...

Soccer Player

DATE : 28TH FEB

RESULT : Still under Ap.

SM2010

DATE :6TH FEB

RESULUT :Still under Ap

JKLM

DATE : 20TH FEB

RESULT :Still under Ap

Edited by Soccer.Player

Got ds 3032 :23 March 2010

Interview : 09-09-2010 Result :Administrative Processing

In december 2010 priority dates retrogessed and wait priority date current again in

MARCH 2012 2nd

Medical submit :07 March 2012 Result :Administrative Processing

3rd Medical submit :28th Feb 2013 Result Administrative Processing

4th Medical submit :26th Feb 2014 Result :Got email reply from embassy that they will call me for finger prints and oath ..and still waiting Got call for finger prints and oath

on 12th MAY Went for finger prints and oath :21th May Result :ApprovedVisa Issued :22.05.2014

visa Issued Today after 3 years 8 months and 13 days

Green Card fee paid : 05/06/2014

Poe :17/06/2014

Ssn Received :27-06-2014

Green Card Produced and Mailed :07/22/2014

Got 10 YEAR Green Card :25/07/2014

Citizenship

Event                                Date

Service Center :             Online

CIS Office :                     New York City NY

Date Filed :                     2019-12-21

NOA Date :                     2019-12-28

Bio. Appt. :                     2020-01-06

Interview Date :            2021-03-25

Approved :                     2021-11-03

Oath Ceremony :          2021-11-19

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.