Dogwood_Poet

Oath Ceremonies over the holidays?

17 posts in this topic

My wife had her interview in Louisville, KY on November 22 and got her approval letter. With Christmas & New Year's approaching, will there be a delay on scheduling her oath ceremony?

I understand they only hold the ceremonies in Louisville and I guess they wait until they have a certain number before they schedule a ceremony.

Any thoughts?

Ako gugma ko GWAPA asawa Kathlene!

(I love my BEAUTIFUL wife Kathlene!)

_________

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

George Bernard Shaw

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife had her interview in Louisville, KY on November 22 and got her approval letter. With Christmas & New Year's approaching, will there be a delay on scheduling her oath ceremony?

I understand they only hold the ceremonies in Louisville and I guess they wait until they have a certain number before they schedule a ceremony.

Any thoughts?

I wouldn't get your hopes up - many corporate offices (and I don;t think the gov't is different) work on a skeleton staff during the Christmas/ New Years Holidays because employees like to take that time off - it's really only 4 days anyway. Mon Dec 26th is the holiday for most folks.

Edited by Udella&Wiz

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

January would be fine, Kathlene keeps asking if we got anything in the mail about her oath-taking. She had a short interview and passed all the tests with no mistakes. I told her not to worry.

I am out of vacation days until January, so that way we could take a couple of days off and spend some time in Louisville.

_________

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

George Bernard Shaw

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Did she ask during her interview about when the ceremony is going to take place. also I am going to have my interview at Louisville office pretty soon so please let us know when you receive oath ceremony letter.

N-400 Naturalization

11/07/2011 - Mailed

11/15/2011 - Check Cashed

11/18/2011 - NOA Received in Mail

12/02/2011 - Biometrics Done

12/27/2011 - Yellow Letter Received

02/21/2012 - Interview Letter Recieved

03/22/2012 - Interview

05/11/2012 - Oath Ceremony

I am waiting for my oath taking letter too..I done my interview last Nov.14,'11 at Louisville local office..im hoping i will be scheduled next month. :unsure:

N-400 TIMELINE

Mail N400 - Aug.18, 2011

Receipt Notice - Aug.23, 2011

Biometric -

Interview - Nov.15, 2011 (approved)

put for que for Oath taking online case status - January 24,2012

Received Oath letter from mail - Feb. 9, 2012

Oath taking ceremony - FEB. 24, 2012 and its my birthday...usa-flag.gifparty0003.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Any thoughts?

Maybe someone can tell you more about Louisville, but I know they are doing Oath's in Seattle over the holidays. I interviewed on Nov 21 and my Oath Ceremony is on Dec. 27. They seem to be working as usual over the holidays.

Hope you get your date soon!

Annie

N-400 Citizenship

Sept. 13, 2011 N-400 sent to Phoenix Lockbox

Sept. 20, 2011 Check cashed

Sept. 23, 2011 NOA rec'd for N-400

Oct. 17, 2011 Biometrics appointment

Nov. 29, 2011 Interview - PASSED! 3yr anniversary not until 12/09/11

Dec. 13, 2011 Status update received "Oath Scheduled"

Dec. 15, 2011 Letter received with Oath date

Dec. 27, 2011 OATH! US Citizen

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi,

I had my exam on nov.17th in JACKSONVILLE, FL and was told within a month will get letter with info about oath ceremony but haven't got anything yet. I tried to find online oath ceremony offices/ or/and scheduled dates but didnt find any information about upcoming events, only about past.

Any idea guys, should I contact someone?

Everything ,all stages of application, went very very fast so far and got stuck with that ceremony now... :(((

Natalia

I guess theres a lot of us here that on the same boat... Waiting time.. "sucks" ( i apologized for my language) but its true. I called uscis talk to costumer service he said i still have to wait bcoz even thought they give me an approval paper its not gurantee bcoz they will still run thru ur paper works again,make sure they didnt missed anything. And have to wait 90 days, and after that time period i didnt hear anything i should make info pass to talk to the local office... God lordy... This waiting is killllling me... Hoping for everyone here that we can be scheduled nxt month.. That will be a nice new years gift...

N-400 TIMELINE

Mail N400 - Aug.18, 2011

Biometric -

Oath taking ceremony - FEB. 24, 2012 and its my birthday...usa-flag.gifparty0003.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi Annie, how was your oath ceremony today???:)))

Maybe someone can tell you more about Louisville, but I know they are doing Oath's in Seattle over the holidays. I interviewed on Nov 21 and my Oath Ceremony is on Dec. 27. They seem to be working as usual over the holidays.

Hope you get your date soon!

Annie

• 5 weeks later...

Kathlene still hasn't gotten her oath letter, should we keep on waiting or should we contact them?

I think we should just wait a little while longer, I just worry what would happen if for some reason we did not receive her letter & missed the ceremony . . .

_________

George Bernard Shaw

Kathlene still hasn't gotten her oath letter, should we keep on waiting or should we contact them?

I think we should just wait a little while longer, I just worry what would happen if for some reason we did not receive her letter & missed the ceremony . . .

I'm still waiting too..interviewed last Nov.14,2011 at louisville ky office.. 2 months and 12 days still no oath letter..I decided to wait until feb.14 (my 90 days waiting after interview) if i didnt get it i will make an infopass..Hope this oath taking will be over before traveling in the philippines this coming april.

And i got this from other post calendar schedule on court house and on Feb 3, there having an oath ceremony..i was hoping i can get my oath letter soon in the mail to be in this ceremony.

http://www.kywd.uscourts.gov/CourtCalendars.php

Edited by Philippiniana2011

N-400 TIMELINE

Mail N400 - Aug.18, 2011

Biometric -

I'm still waiting too..interviewed last Nov.14,2011 at louisville ky office.. 2 months and 12 days still no oath letter..I decided to wait until feb.14 (my 90 days waiting after interview) if i didnt get it i will make an infopass..Hope this oath taking will be over before traveling in the philippines this coming april.

And i got this from other post calendar schedule on court house and on Feb 3, there having an oath ceremony..i was hoping i can get my oath letter soon in the mail to be in this ceremony.

http://www.kywd.uscourts.gov/CourtCalendars.php

Just check my case status online and this is what i see:

Oath Ceremony

On January 24, 2012, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Naturalization Applicants: you will receive your certificate at your oath ceremony. You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your recommended approval. Many offices schedule approved applicants for the oath ceremony on the same day as the day of the interview. Please check the local office profile page on our website to determine if the office where you will be interviewed schedules same day oath ceremonies.

Thanks God it means i will be on the list of people for sure will getting a ceremony soon. If not this Feb. 3 maybe next to that..

And DOGWOOD_POET check your status maybe they also update ur wife status..

N-400 TIMELINE

Mail N400 - Aug.18, 2011

Biometric -

Checked this morning & she was placed in the que on Jan 26!

_________

George Bernard Shaw

• 2 weeks later...

Checked this morning & she was placed in the que on Jan 26!

After a long wait, finally i got it..my oath ceremony letter.. I will be attending my Oath ceremony on Feb. 24, 2012 same day of my birthday.. hope "dogwood poet" your wife got it too today...and we can attend the same day..

N-400 TIMELINE

Mail N400 - Aug.18, 2011

Biometric -

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

After a long wait, finally i got it..my oath ceremony letter.. I will be attending my Oath ceremony on Feb. 24, 2012 same day of my birthday.. hope "dogwood poet" your wife got it too today...and we can attend the same day..

Congratulations!! :thumbs: Wow, that was a long wait!

Marriage: 09-22-2007

Conditional Residence

I-130 Sent: 10-10-2007

I-130 Approved: 06-03-2008 (236 days from VSC receipt to approval)

Case Complete at NVC: 07-30-2008 (52 days from NVC receipt to approval)

Consulate Interview date: 09-24-2008

POE Miami: 10-04-2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751 Sent: 07-08-2010

NOA1 Date: 07-12-2010

Biometrics Appt.: 09-01-2010 (Early Bio 08-13-2010)

Approved: 11-03-2010 (114 days from VSC receipt to approval)

GC Rec'd: 11-06-2010

Citizenship

N-400 Sent: 07-08-2011

Confirmation Text Message: 07-14-2011

NOA Priority Date: 07-12-2011

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: 08-01-2011

Biometrics Appt.: 08-19-2011 (Early Bio 08-12-2011)

"Placed in Line" Email and Touched: 08-16-2011

"Interview Scheduled" Email and Touched: 12-23-2011

Rec'd Interview Letter: 12-27-2011

Interview Passed: 01-30-2012

Email from Senator's Office Stating Application Was Approved: 06-18-2012

"Oath Scheduling Que" Email and Touched: 07-03-2012

Given Oath Date at InfoPass Appt. and Touched: 08-28-2012

Rec'd Oath Date Letter in Mail: 09-01-2012

Oath Date: 09-27-2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.