J y Mariana

A little confused about fees

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Venezuela
Timeline

We submitted two I-130s, one for my wife and one for her son, and paid those fees. What im trying to determine is what the fees will be at the time of the interview, for her and her son to actually get the Visas. Is it the $400 or so x2? Or is the child automatically covered in the parents payment? Also, Im assuming they only accept US currency but I guess I need to call the embassy in Venezuela and check on that?

08-27-2011 - I-130 package received by the Chicago Lockbox

08-30-2011 - Received electronic NOA

02-24-2012 - NOA2

03-06-2012 - Received first notification of NOA2 (in mail, website not updated and no txt/email)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

We submitted two I-130s, one for my wife and one for her son, and paid those fees. What im trying to determine is what the fees will be at the time of the interview, for her and her son to actually get the Visas. Is it the $400 or so x2? Or is the child automatically covered in the parents payment? Also, Im assuming they only accept US currency but I guess I need to call the embassy in Venezuela and check on that?

you will have to pay 88.00 per person both. you will pay the fee and you will send 1-864 Affidavit of support, and for the ds-230 404.00 per person.

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

time of the interview?

oh my.

where was the I-130 filed, initially? to what city, in which country?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

The day of the actual interview you shouldn't have any visa fees to pay. All visa fees ($404 as was previously stated) are paid before the interview.

~~~~USCIS~~~~
02-12-11 -- Mailed CR1 Petition (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)
02-14-11 -- Petition delivered to the Chicago Lockbox
02-16-11 -- NOA1 Text/E-mail
02-22-11 -- I-797C received in the mail
05-24-11 -- NOA2 E-mail (no text, no RFE)
05-28-11 -- I-797C received in the mail

~~~~NVC~~~~
06-07-11 -- Case entered into system
06-08-11 -- Received e-mails with DS-3032 and AOS
06-09-11 -- E-mailed and snail mailed DS-3032 and paid AOS fee
06-10-11 -- AOS status: PAID
06-14-11 -- Mailed AOS package (USPS First-Class Mail)
06-15-11 -- DS-3032 e-mail accepted by NVC and IV bill generated
06-16-11 -- Paid IV bill
06-17-11 -- NVC withdrew money for IV bill from my account
06-23-11 -- IV status: PAID
06-24-11 -- Mailed IV package (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)
06-27-11 -- IV package delivered
07-11-11 -- Final Review
07-12-11 -- CASE COMPLETE
08-03-11 -- E-Mail received about interview date
09-12-11 -- INTERVIEW

~~~~Removal of Conditions~~~~

08-02-13 -- ROC window opens

08-05-13 -- Mailed I-751 package (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)

08-09-13 -- Package delivered (Delayed at Post Office)
08-12-13 -- NOA1
08-15-13 -- Check cashed
08-24-13 -- Received biometrics letter for September 10
08-26-13 -- Early walk-in for biometrics
09-16-13 -- Received letter stating our case was transferred to CSC on September 12
10-02-13 -- Received text/email update. Case changed from "transferred to Local Office" to "was transferred and now being processed at a USCIS Office"

Filed: Country:
Timeline
you will have to pay 88.00 per person both. you will pay the fee and you will send 1-864 Affidavit of support, and for the ds-230 404.00 per person.

INCORRECT!

You will pay double for everything except the Affidavit of Support Fee, that will be paid once (as long as the petitions are at NVC together). You will provide nearly identical I-864 documents for both immigrants but only pay one AOS Fee.

Timeline

I submitted two I-130s for my wife and her son (I am the stateside USC) at the same time, and paid a fee for both. We received the NOA1 and are waiting on the NOA2, unfortunately we are at CSC though and apparently they suck right now =(. So after we get the NOA2, then we submit the 864 and the DS-230 correct? And as such I should be able to pay all the fees stateside, with a check etc. For some reason I thought that she had to pay something at the interview to actually get the visas, but I guess I misread that somewhere. Thank you!

02-24-2012 - NOA2

03-06-2012 - Received first notification of NOA2 (in mail, website not updated and no txt/email)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

csc = you submitted to the Chicago lockbox address in the USA.

you've more to do.

There's NVC intake/processing, each thing comes with it's own fee.

AOS fee is waived on the 2nd person, usually, when the casefiles are married together at NVC.

Have you had any chance to study the Guides Section here, logged in on a PC running Winders?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

csc = you submitted to the Chicago lockbox address in the USA.

you've more to do.

There's NVC intake/processing, each thing comes with it's own fee.

AOS fee is waived on the 2nd person, usually, when the casefiles are married together at NVC.

Have you had any chance to study the Guides Section here, logged in on a PC running Winders?

That is correct. Yeah Ive been over the guides (more times than Id like to count lol), and I know there will be fees for medical, police records, etc potentially. My concern was around needing to pay anything at the embassy in U.S. currency, since its extremely hard to come by in Venezuela "legally". To be honest things get a little dicey for me in the guides as far as who sends what back in order to schedule the interview, but I figure it will be clear based on what they send each of us next. We have all the paperwork ready to go (immunization info, tax transcripts, etc) and are just doing the waiting game now...

02-24-2012 - NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.