danyte

CSC What are you doing!?!?!?!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

My wife and I are waiting for her visa application to move forward. She was here in the US over the summer for an educational program and while she was, we got married. Because she has professional obligations to return to Colombia for, we agreed that we will travel back and forth to Colombia and she to the states a few times until the visa can be processed and entry granted legally for the long haul. She left in August 2001 and our initial file of the I-130 was sent with a last modified date of 08/05/2011. Shortly after this, one of the USCIS phone reps suggested I file an I-129f as "married" also because one may be quicker than the other but would have a bit more paperwork. Paperwork is ok when you know its the band-aid to the broken heart of the separation. The I-129f has a last modified date of 08/22/2011.

Can somebody please please PLEASE tell me if we did something wrong by filing the I-129f or what the deal is with the CSC and the lack of movement on our case?

My wife is headed to Bogota Monday to try and secure a tourist visa so she can come in for the holidays as last trip there was on me. We went to a wonderful hideout in Baru for a few days and roamed the city in Barranquilla for the rest of the time. If she can not get the tourist visa, I will head back next month but we both prefer she be here for the holidays as we are involved with church activities here.

WHAT IS THE CSC DOING? AND WHY DO WE NOT HAVE ANY MOVEMENT ON OUR CASE????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

My wife and I are waiting for her visa application to move forward. She was here in the US over the summer for an educational program and while she was, we got married. Because she has professional obligations to return to Colombia for, we agreed that we will travel back and forth to Colombia and she to the states a few times until the visa can be processed and entry granted legally for the long haul. She left in August 2001 and our initial file of the I-130 was sent with a last modified date of 08/05/2011. Shortly after this, one of the USCIS phone reps suggested I file an I-129f as "married" also because one may be quicker than the other but would have a bit more paperwork. Paperwork is ok when you know its the band-aid to the broken heart of the separation. The I-129f has a last modified date of 08/22/2011.

Can somebody please please PLEASE tell me if we did something wrong by filing the I-129f or what the deal is with the CSC and the lack of movement on our case?

My wife is headed to Bogota Monday to try and secure a tourist visa so she can come in for the holidays as last trip there was on me. We went to a wonderful hideout in Baru for a few days and roamed the city in Barranquilla for the rest of the time. If she can not get the tourist visa, I will head back next month but we both prefer she be here for the holidays as we are involved with church activities here.

WHAT IS THE CSC DOING? AND WHY DO WE NOT HAVE ANY MOVEMENT ON OUR CASE????

Hello, I filed the I130 and my date is the same as yours 8/22/2011 also at csc.. we still didnt get the NOA2 either.. I guess we just have to keep waiting I asked a freind who works with the immigration and she told me that next month we should get our NOA2 because this month they are going to be slow because of holidays! Good luck though we are all on the same boat :)

USCIS STAGE

8/22/2011: NOA1 EMAIL(never received a hardcopy nor txt)

3/23/2012: NOA2 EMAIL!!!! :D

3/28/2012: NOA2 HARDCOPY

NVC STAGE

4/09/2012: NVC Recieved

4/24/2012: Got NVC Case# and Invoice ID#

4/25/2012: Sent DS-3032 email and Paid AOS fee

4/26/2012: AOS fee showed "paid"

5/2/2012: Sent AOS Package and NVC accepted DS-3032 email

5/4/2012: Received and Paid IV fee

5/7/2012: Sent IV Package

5/14/2012: Case Complete at NVC!

6/6/2012: NVC Left!!

Beirut Lebanon Consulate

7/11/2012: Interview!!

Result: My husband is put in Administrative processing :(

8/17/2012: Embassy called my husband to bring the pasport for the visa!! :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Filing the I-129F will slow down the process because they have to match it up to the 130 and then process them both together.

You should have just stayed with the I-130 and gone the CR-1 path and just avoided the K-3 path all together. Its more costly and takes longer.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Filing the I-129F will slow down the process because they have to match it up to the 130 and then process them both together.

You should have just stayed with the I-130 and gone the CR-1 path and just avoided the K-3 path all together. Its more costly and takes longer.

I contacted USCIS today and they said I can write a letter requesting the i-129 be removed and mail it to the CSC and I will be notified. BUT.......I contacted the State department on another matter but did ask what the problem could be and they said that by law, the higher visa would take priority which in my case is the i-130 and the difference would be minimal (1-3 weeks at best) according to the woman who seemed way more sincere than any USCIS helpline thing. At this point...I am REALLY REALLY torn between decisions and dont know what to do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.