Jason & Masha

When to submit I-134, Affidavit of Support?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello, I am still new to the K-1 Visa. Hopefully I will be starting it in January! My question is, when exactly during the whole K-1 Visa process do you submit the form I-134 Affidavit of Support?

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

During the interview.

----------------K1 Journey---------------

02/01/2010 - Sent I-129F sent to CSC Express Mail

02/03/2010 - Date on NOA1

02/09/2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy arrived in mail

03/18/2010 - NOA2 approval mailed by CSC (per USCIS.org)43 Days from NOA1

03/23/2010 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received

06/18/2010 - Interview Passed PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!!

07/02/2010 - Visa received!

07/03/2010 & 07/05/2010 - PRISM Seminar & CFO Sticker (We are all set

08/08/2010 - May's POE Detroit, MI USA

09/24/2010 - Received SSN Card

10/08/2010 - Wedding

----------------AOS Journey---------------

12/07/2010 - Submitted AOS/EAD Package

12/14/2010 - NOA1 Received

12/27/2010 - Biometrics Completed

01/20/2011 - AOS Transfered to CSC

01/26/2011 - AOS Received by CSC

02/16/2011 - EAD Approved

N/A - AOS Appointment

02/22/2011 - AOS Appproved

02/26/2011 - EAD Card Received

02/27/2011 - Green Card Received

01/19/2013 - Mailed I-751

##/##/2013 - NOA1 Received

##/##/2013 - BIometrics Appointment

##/##/2013 - Interview

##/##/2013 - 10 Year Green Card Issued

FV%20US%20-%20Reg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The USC fills it out and collects the supporting evidence after they get the NOA2. Then they send it to the beneficiary and it is brought to the interview or it is sent when the USEM requests it from them. It depends on how the USEM they are going to asks for the papers.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

ok thank you. Can you please describe how that part of your interview went (showing you can financially support your fiance). Do they also consider how much money you have in the bank, assets, etc... 2011 will be my first year of working. (I was a student prior) I will have made about $33,000 and currently have $30,000 in the bank. I know they like to have 3 years tax return. Will this be a problem for me?

Thank you!!!!!

Timeline

ok thank you. Can you please describe how that part of your interview went (showing you can financially support your fiance). Do they also consider how much money you have in the bank, assets, etc... 2011 will be my first year of working. (I was a student prior) I will have made about $33,000 and currently have $30,000 in the bank. I know they like to have 3 years tax return. Will this be a problem for me?

Thank you!!!!!

If you make 125% of the poverty guideline for the house hold then you have no need to show bank accounts, savings or assets. You can just show your income only.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline

Ok so I make over the 125% poverty guideline, but will the fact I can only show 1 year tax return (because I was previously a student) be a problem for them?

Thank you!!!

Timeline

I sent my Affidavit of Support and all the financial documents with my K1 petition. Is there going to be a problem with this?

Ya there is because its not going to be valid anymore and USCIS doesn't even look at it or use it. You have to do it all over again and send it to the beneficiary when you get the NOA2.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.