jando7383

i need an advice

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

hi guys, i really need ur advice. im russian citizen but currently live in belarus. so when we filed a petiton we put moscow as an embassy for interview. so whats going on now- i just got email from NVC saying they sent our petition to poland!!!!and they gave us a new case number with first 3 letters WRW instead of MOS. i guess our petiton is still on its way to poland but what should we do now? should we call NVC and US emabassy in Poland. can they reward the petiton to moscow?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If the NVC has already sent your petition out, you need to contact both embassys yourself and request the file be moved to the one you want to be interviewed at.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Timeline

They did not send it to the wrong place. WRW does immigrant visa processing for residents of Poland and Belarus, so if you are a resident in Belarus, that's where they send it. It's not based on citizenship.

You can get in touch with MOS and ask them to request the file from WRW. They will let you know whether you should also contact WRW. You might need a compelling reason for them to accept your case, e.g., that you are planning on abandoning residency in Belarus and returning to Russia in the very near future. If you plan on staying in Belarus until you get the visa, there's absolutely nothing wrong with interviewing in Warsaw. If you do ask them to transfer the case, keep in mind that they'll send it by "diplomatic pouch", which will add a few weeks of processing time to your case (transferring the case took about 6 weeks for us).

Best of Luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

They did not send it to the wrong place. WRW does immigrant visa processing for residents of Poland and Belarus, so if you are a resident in Belarus, that's where they send it. It's not based on citizenship.

You can get in touch with MOS and ask them to request the file from WRW. They will let you know whether you should also contact WRW. You might need a compelling reason for them to accept your case, e.g., that you are planning on abandoning residency in Belarus and returning to Russia in the very near future. If you plan on staying in Belarus until you get the visa, there's absolutely nothing wrong with interviewing in Warsaw. If you do ask them to transfer the case, keep in mind that they'll send it by "diplomatic pouch", which will add a few weeks of processing time to your case (transferring the case took about 6 weeks for us).

Best of Luck!

Can u tell me pls from where to where it took them 6 weeks? the worst thing in this situation is i already passed my medical in moscow and paid in moscow. could it be a compelling reason for them?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.