GA123

no K1 visa in the mail yet!!

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We finally had our interview in Montreal for a K1 visa Nov, 21 2011. We are approved and they told us to expect the Passport and Visa in 5 working days. Well we are still waiting for it and don't know how to find out why it takes so long. I called DOS and they confirm the k1 visa has been issued. No waybill # yet. What should we do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Try emailing Montreal, if DOS says it was issued, it could be sitting in the mail room at Montreal somewhere under a stack and didn't get sent out.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Did you call your local DHL? Do you remember if you registered at DHL to deliver your passport to your home or you pick it up yourself? I say this because if you asked they to deliver it to your home it takes longer time. Otherwise, call DHL and check if they got your package.

If they don't have it, you need to figure out what is going on as it really takes too long. We have our interview in Montreal on Nov 23rd,2011 and most of us got ours on 30th or Dec 1st.

Timeline

Try emailing Montreal, if DOS says it was issued, it could be sitting in the mail room at Montreal somewhere under a stack and didn't get sent out.

I did and this is the answerd provided

"Dear Applicant,

The document status information only appears once your personal documents have been returned by the Embassy or Consulate for shipment to your designated DHL location. As the time it takes to adjudicate an applicant's case is at the sole discretion of the consular section we cannot provide you any information regarding when your personal documents will be turned over to DHL.

We would advise you to keep checking your applicant summary page.

The Contact Desk Support Team"

No help there from them, we can't talk to nobody in that Consulate.

Timeline

Did you call your local DHL? Do you remember if you registered at DHL to deliver your passport to your home or you pick it up yourself? I say this because if you asked they to deliver it to your home it takes longer time. Otherwise, call DHL and check if they got your package.

If they don't have it, you need to figure out what is going on as it really takes too long. We have our interview in Montreal on Nov 23rd,2011 and most of us got ours on 30th or Dec 1st.

We are registred at DHL and not set-up for home delivery. I have called DHL/Loomis and without waybill# they can't help me. You can't call the local branch, it's only a call center who answerd the phone.

I have been a lurker on this web-site and i finally decided to post to see if anyone experiment this long waiting period...I wish i could go to the consulate and find out.

Timeline

We are registred at DHL and not set-up for home delivery. I have called DHL/Loomis and without waybill# they can't help me. You can't call the local branch, it's only a call center who answerd the phone.

I have been a lurker on this web-site and i finally decided to post to see if anyone experiment this long waiting period...I wish i could go to the consulate and find out.

Not to discourage you but it's only been 8-9 business days 'maybe' since your interview on Nov 21 - I'm sure the workers at the US consulate took US Thanksgiving off which means they started mid Weds of that same week and weren't back to work till Mon, Nov 28. If they are like most workers (and we know Montreal is notoriously slow) they were in vacation mode and probably understaffed during that initial week.

I am sorry though since the waiting just about kills us all.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

Not to discourage you but it's only been 8-9 business days 'maybe' since your interview on Nov 21 - I'm sure the workers at the US consulate took US Thanksgiving off which means they started mid Weds of that same week and weren't back to work till Mon, Nov 28. If they are like most workers (and we know Montreal is notoriously slow) they were in vacation mode and probably understaffed during that initial week.

I am sorry though since the waiting just about kills us all.

Like some posters here comments "We have our interview in Montreal on Nov 23rd,2011 and most of us got ours on 30th or Dec 1st." That's the reason i'm getting suspicious, hope it's not lost behind a desk...

Timeline

Is your DHL location close enough to stop in at?? You won't need a waybill number if you show up at the location, just your name and a valid ID.

It's about 45 minutes, we stopped there last Friday. No counter, just a warehouse. A lady help us but nothing to pick-up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You could try using your reference id number (found on the applicant summary page online) and see if dhl can locate anything that way.

They had asked me to verify that number when they called me yesterday to arrange for delivery to my house. Hope that helps! Fingers crossed for you!

Timeline

Well, well, well....

Just got an e-mail stating that they need a "fiance letter of intend" to proceed, wich we had at the interview but they didn't ask for it. I just scanned it now and it should be OK (if the gentleman is not in vacation)

This process is in the 16th months now and it's been one thing after another. God bless my fiancee, it's killing her.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG, that burns me up! What the hell?

USC attempting to obtain GC for Canadian husband

event.png

Apr 11, 2011: I-130 filed
Jul 11, 2011: I-130 approved
Aug 18, 2011: NVC process begins
Oct 6, 2011: NVC process completed
Nov 4, 2011: Interview date assigned
Dec 2, 2011: Interview at Consulate (Result: AP - No reason given on 221g)
Feb 7, 2012: Passport requested by Consulate
(...Husband needed passport for personal reasons during this time...)
Apr 9, 2012: Passport mailed to Consulate
Apr 25, 2012: Visa issued
May 1, 2012: Visa in hand
May 31, 2012: POE at Montreal's Trudeau Airport
Early July: Physical Green Card received in mail. Yes, it's green!

March 13, 2014: ROC filed (went to VSC)

March 17, 2014: NOA

April 22, 2014: Biometrics appointment

December 9, 2014: Case inquiry initiated

December 11, 2014: Response: "The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required security checks remain pending."

March 14, 2014: Received NOA that approval had been given on March 10; expect new GC within 60 days.

Timeline

OMG, that burns me up! What the hell?

Little background story,

I know her since i was 14 years old and dating for 5 years until we got seperated by life. We found each others 30 years later and still madly in love with each others. I'm in the USA and she is in Canada, both outstanding citizen, both financially secured. K1 was sent 08/26/10. I wish i could say we are responsible for the delay but we are not, the whole process has been terrible. We should have got married last year instead.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Man, who's to say what would've been better...check out my timeline...We got married earlier that we would've preferred in order to avoid the K1 route. My husband SHOULD BE on his way home in time for Christmas, and instead we've been shelved into the dreaded "administrative processing." My poor adorable man freezing in another Canadian winter as we spend our first year of marriage in a long-distance relationship...We are awesome citizens, too!

No matter where you are, no matter how well you've done, you're still at the whims and mercies of powers greater than yourself that ultimately just do not give a flying f&%^ about us or our families.

Sorry, but I'm feeling a bit screwed right now, and I'm upset for you as well. Ridiculousness...

Edited by Tercerero

USC attempting to obtain GC for Canadian husband

event.png

Apr 11, 2011: I-130 filed
Jul 11, 2011: I-130 approved
Aug 18, 2011: NVC process begins
Oct 6, 2011: NVC process completed
Nov 4, 2011: Interview date assigned
Dec 2, 2011: Interview at Consulate (Result: AP - No reason given on 221g)
Feb 7, 2012: Passport requested by Consulate
(...Husband needed passport for personal reasons during this time...)
Apr 9, 2012: Passport mailed to Consulate
Apr 25, 2012: Visa issued
May 1, 2012: Visa in hand
May 31, 2012: POE at Montreal's Trudeau Airport
Early July: Physical Green Card received in mail. Yes, it's green!

March 13, 2014: ROC filed (went to VSC)

March 17, 2014: NOA

April 22, 2014: Biometrics appointment

December 9, 2014: Case inquiry initiated

December 11, 2014: Response: "The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required security checks remain pending."

March 14, 2014: Received NOA that approval had been given on March 10; expect new GC within 60 days.

Timeline

Whata bunch of buggers, why couldn;t they just tell you that over the phone, I mean seriously. You could have had it faxed long ago.

Well, well, well....

Just got an e-mail stating that they need a "fiance letter of intend" to proceed, wich we had at the interview but they didn't ask for it. I just scanned it now and it should be OK (if the gentleman is not in vacation)

This process is in the 16th months now and it's been one thing after another. God bless my fiancee, it's killing her.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.