Americangirl10

December Filers

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Very new to this process but about to file the I-130 for my spouse. Is anyone else beginning their journey as well? Maybe we could be of some encouragement to each other and help each other along the way. I believe I have everything I need to submit for the process to begin, except I am not sure as to "everything" I should submit initially as evidence of a bona fide marriage. Will a copy of the marriage certificate and pictures from the ceremony suffice? We dont have any joint assets, accounts, or anything as of yet. What else, if anything, should I include with the I-130 form?

Secondly, from reading, how does the DS-230 process work? When I went to visit, he filled out the form and I have it with me. Am I supposed to be submit it when requested by the NVC? Or is he supposed to submit this when he receives his paperwork packet? I am confused on that.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone as we embark on this journey! :)

event.png

hello,i'm September filler, still long way to go, but patience is the key and love is the main reason to be happy on this waiting game :whistle::dance: Good luck to you :thumbs: ......let's just hope the process will run as smooth as silk :D

Edited by Owcean

Our Visa Journey:

- 2003, met thru a music forum, NOT a dating site ;)
- Dec 9, 2010, met in person and engaged
- June 7, 2011, married
- Sept 28, 2011 1st Packet sent
- Sept 29, 2011, received NOA 1
- April 4, 2012, received NOA 2, move to NVC
- May 15, 2012, Case Number assigned!
- May 16, 2012, I 864 Bill paid
- May 19, 2012, Emailed DS 3032 to NVC
- May 24, 2012, Returned Completed DS 3032
- May 24, 2012, Received IV Bill
- May 24, 2012, Paid IV Bill
- May 31, 2012, AOS package SENT
- June 14, 2012, Package IV SENT
- June 26, 2012, CASE COMPLETED! 1 month, 1 week and 4 days since NVC received
- August 2, 2012, Interview, PASSED smile.png

- October 18, 2014: arrived in the US :)

--

Removal Conditional Resident:

July 23, 2014: Petition sent

August 1, 2014: I-797 Form (NOA) received

August 18, 2014: Biometrics done

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

well I called n asked them the same thing y do I need four 4? Nd the lady said that incase there was any adjustment eg change of address the could use them to fill it in by the way my husband is the petitioner n he only fill out two nd I the beneificiary filled out four! I hope sumone else can comment n this cuz that's what I heard??? Anyone filled out four as well?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I believe I have everything I need to submit for the process to begin, except I am not sure as to "everything" I should submit initially as evidence of a bona fide marriage. Will a copy of the marriage certificate and pictures from the ceremony suffice? We dont have any joint assets, accounts, or anything as of yet. What else, if anything, should I include with the I-130 form?

First of all, welcome to VJ and good luck to you and your spouse as you embark on your own visa journey. Items you may want to include with your petition include but not limited to: phone records, emails, chat logs, copies of the pages of your passport showing visas and/or entry and exit stamps, copies of airline boarding passes, hotel receipts, pictures of you and your spouse together (other than the ceremony), copies of cards or letters you received, etc. Do not worry about having joint accounts or assets yet, USCIS will not expect you to have items of that nature as you have not yet lived together.

Secondly, from reading, how does the DS-230 process work? When I went to visit, he filled out the form and I have it with me. Am I supposed to be submit it when requested by the NVC? Or is he supposed to submit this when he receives his paperwork packet? I am confused on that.

The DS-230 (and the documents that go with it) will be submitted to the NVC as soon as the immigrant visa bill shows PAID in the payment portal. You are still a few months away from this step so do not stress about it too much at this juncture.

Why do u need (4) G325 forms? I only have (2). One for myself and one for my spouse. Still hoping someone will answer my previous ?s.

Only 1 G-325A form is needed for you and only one form is needed for your spouse.

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

First of all, welcome to VJ and good luck to you and your spouse as you embark on your own visa journey. Items you may want to include with your petition include but not limited to: phone records, emails, chat logs, copies of the pages of your passport showing visas and/or entry and exit stamps, copies of airline boarding passes, hotel receipts, pictures of you and your spouse together (other than the ceremony), copies of cards or letters you received, etc. Do not worry about having joint accounts or assets yet, USCIS will not expect you to have items of that nature as you have not yet lived together.

Thank you so much for your reply RyanH! Its greatly appreciated. I wasn't for sure if all this detail should be included when submitting the I-130. I was thinking to just submit the basic stuff (what I listed above) and wait until they ask for anything additional. But now I see its better to send everything at first than to prolong the process. Greatly, greatly appreciated!

event.png

Timeline

Will I have to send the DS-230 to my husband for his signature on the 1st part? I have a DS-230 that he has signed but there are some errors on it. I know I am getting ahead of myself, but I just want to be well prepared or as prepared as I possibly can be. I am not clear on who sends the DS-230 form back to NVC? Me or him?? Can this process just be explained a little better so I can calm down. Lol.

Thanks everyone!

event.png

Timeline

Will I have to send the DS-230 to my husband for his signature on the 1st part? I have a DS-230 that he has signed but there are some errors on it. I know I am getting ahead of myself, but I just want to be well prepared or as prepared as I possibly can be. I am not clear on who sends the DS-230 form back to NVC? Me or him?? Can this process just be explained a little better so I can calm down. Lol.

His DS-230 will need an original signature so you will have to send it to him and have him sign part I. Either one of you can send the form to the NVC.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

His DS-230 will need an original signature so you will have to send it to him and have him sign part I. Either one of you can send the form to the NVC.

Thank you!!! You have been great help, I am sure there will be more questions 2 follow.

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Is there a major/minor difference between the G-325 and G-325A? I seen both listed on the uscis website, but couldn't find any rules on which form is the "correct" one to send. We have completed the G-325A, just want to make sure I'm submitting the correct one!

event.png

Timeline

Also, do you think it will be a good idea to send the I-864 with the I-130 petition? I have all the information prepared for that as well, if its ok to submit it.......or I could wait since its almost tax time anyway. :( Which do u think would be the best route? Submit it or wait?

event.png

Timeline

Is there a major/minor difference between the G-325 and G-325A? I seen both listed on the uscis website, but couldn't find any rules on which form is the "correct" one to send. We have completed the G-325A, just want to make sure I'm submitting the correct one!

G-325A is the form called for in the instructions. While I have never noticed any difference between G-325 and G-325A, it's best to use the form the instructions say to use.

Also, do you think it will be a good idea to send the I-864 with the I-130 petition? I have all the information prepared for that as well, if its ok to submit it.......or I could wait since its almost tax time anyway. :( Which do u think would be the best route? Submit it or wait?

Do not submit the I-864 with the I-130, it's not needed when a petition is initially filed. The I-864 is submitted when the NVC begins processing your file. Even if you were to submit the form and documentation now, it would need to be subitted a second time at the NVC.

Our journey:

Spoiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.