O'Fox

HELP NEEDED

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

We sent our petition on November 7 (4 weeks ago) to the P.O. box with the regular mail, and never got NOA1 since that... We signed the form for electronic notification, the check was not cashed yet...

I am already past the point of freaking out, USPS can not locate the item since it was standard mail (yes that was extra stupid for my fiance to send it that way, but that can not be undone now.

Please I would appreciate any advice on what to do now.

We already gathered all the papers again and about to send it again (express mail this time), but what i'm afraid of is what if after all both packages end up there?

I need help very much...

Thank you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Was the first 129-F sent to the Dallas, Texas address to start. Was the second?

I think it will fine if the paperwork was correct. I agree, that is to long. I think it will be OK. Delivery Confirmation of Documents is important.

Watch for double cashed checks with the Petitions.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Void the first cheque just in case it does turn up there to avoid paying twice. Send in the second petition with signature required for delivery. Triple check you are sending it to the correct address.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can get someone on the phone there to ask what is up if you try hard enough. I called them after mine was received to find out why mine didn't show on the web site. 4 weeks is a long time. It might go through this week. You don't know that nothing is wrong with the holidays. This is the time of year when people take 2 weeks off. If you cancel the check and they have it, then you'll have to start over.

I would definately prepare another one and make a decision to send another one. Maybe in the second one you could put a letter in it that this is a second K-1 filing due to a presumed lost document and ask them to check if the first one was found before cashing the check ? Just trying to offer advice. Spending another $ 350 is nothing compared to another months wait for me.

Always use tracking, preferably Fed Ex.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.