penguin mahal

best airlines to travel between phils. and US?

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For me since Im on the West Coast I go with "PAL" non-stop from Manila to LA, 12 hours! I have to admit for my size its not roomy, but service for me have been ok and I love those little Plane graphics that show occasionally on the TV screens that tell you where you are exactly to your destination, temps, Time there, and How long till destination. and unlike one poster said on another thread I didnt see any Flight Attendants over "50"! :thumbs:

You are so lucky to live that close. We have appx. 3 hrs drive to JFK, then the long haul flight to korea, then another 3-4 hrs to get to manila.

Delta- I second Kevin's statement. Just get me there.

I will say that I thought the Service with Delta was good, the attendants nice on all my six flights with them. They were also on time with all their flights. I just rebooked with them and since I am flying in January, I wanted to avoid flying into a snow piled airport like Detroit, JFK, or somewhere else so since there were so many options, I am flying to Seattle first to avoid the snow. I will let you know when I come back but lets hope I have a good flight.

Happy trip! have a good flight!

event.png

Timeline

For me, the best airline is the one that gets me to Manila the quickest. That would be Northwest Airlines: under 17 hours from Seattle.

I remember when Northwest still flew. They were nice. Delta took over the routes and it has not been the same since.

--------------------------------

Priorty Date: June 22, 2011

Interview Sept. 7, 2012

Visa in hand, Sept 15, 2012

Used to send Honey Ko on PAL out of LAX for a direct connect flight to MNL. But, PAL wanted $1600 big bucks for the flight this year in Nov. Can you say Ripoff?

Instead, we got referred to a friend's travel agent, and Honey Ko went on Korean Air to MNL for $1100 bucks, with no unreasonable layover times.

Morale of story: Don't overlook travel agents even in this age of DIY internet travel arrangements. I guess they can get blocks of flights and their software lets them see things we can't.

Incheon Airport in South Korea is considered the best in the world for traveler convenience and comfort. And Korean Airlines is on par with Cathay Pacific as well.

Happy Travels!

:star:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Country:
Timeline
is it true what they say about more room in economy? what was your connecting airport? Seoul?

I'm 6'3 and was comfortable in economy class...

Connecting Airport as Inchon, Seoul Korea. It's a top notch international airport.

Timeline

For me, the best airline is the one that gets me to Manila the quickest. That would be Northwest Airlines: under 17 hours from Seattle.

I liked Northwest before they were bought out by Delta. Then it sucked after the merger, but now they seem to have all the kinks out now. Northwest/Delta always seemed to have the shortest flights and their main airport hubs are really easy to get in and get out of... especially Detroit, Nagoya, Narita, etc. I like Cathay Pacific, but it seems all their flights to The Philippines for the east coast region leaves JFK airport and I HATE that airport with a passion. Also my favorite thing about Northwest/Delta was always their Worldperks/SkyMiles program no other program could beat it in my opinion. I have gotten 2 free round trip tickets to The Philippines with it so far. Plus I like that when I fly Northwest/Delta that all the planes I fly are all Northwest/Delta owned planes, so there is no confusion about checked luggage requirements.

I don't understand how people simply judge airlines because of food, how young and pretty their flight attendants are, etc. I want something to get me to point a to point b in the shortest time possible. Also, Northwest/Delta never lost my luggage ever.

Edited by maning

Vermont Service Center

US Embassy In Manila, The Philippines

I-129F Sent: 2011-04-25

I-129F NOA1: 2011-04-26

I-129F NOA2: 2011-09-29

NVC Received:2011-09-29

NVC Left: 2011-10-18

Consulate Received: 2011-11-03

Packet 3 Received: 2011-11-07

Interview Date: 2011-11-23

Interview Result: Approved!

I've flown to Vietnam and Manila and flew on China Air both times (not to be confused with Air China). I couldn't have been happier really. They had great service and great food and both times they were actually the cheapest. They offer some pretty flexible schedules from both SFO and LAX as well. I missed my departure on my return and was forced to buy new tickets for all of my US connecting flights but China Air didn't charge me a dime, just rescheduled me :)

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

Timeline

I find that there's more leg room on the Asiana Airlines plane config than on Delta.. Not sure if it's 1-2 inches more, but it makes s huge difference!

AOS Timeline

08-Sep-2010 Married
28-Sep-2010 Mailed AOS packet via Express Mail
29-Sep-2010 Received @ Chicago Lockbox
18-Oct-2010 Received 797C NOA for Biometrics appointment
22-Oct 2010 Biometrics appointment (orig sched for 10/28)
29-Oct 2010 RFE (missing signature)
03-Nov Received RFE @ Chicago Lockbox
17-Nov Case transferred to California
24-Nov "Touched" Now being processed at USCIS office
30-Nov "Touched again"
03-Dec May calls Senator Joe Courtney's office for help getting EAD/AP approved
15-Dec Received AP in mail, no notification via e-mail/txt website doesn't show approval
16-Dec EAD Approved (SMS/E-mail) USCIS indicates it was approved yesterday?
18-Dec EAD Card arrived in mail
25-Mar 2011 GC Arrived

31-May 2013 10yr GC approved

Timeline

Used to send Honey Ko on PAL out of LAX for a direct connect flight to MNL. But, PAL wanted $1600 big bucks for the flight this year in Nov. Can you say Ripoff?

Instead, we got referred to a friend's travel agent, and Honey Ko went on Korean Air to MNL for $1100 bucks, with no unreasonable layover times.

Morale of story: Don't overlook travel agents even in this age of DIY internet travel arrangements. I guess they can get blocks of flights and their software lets them see things we can't.

Incheon Airport in South Korea is considered the best in the world for traveler convenience and comfort. And Korean Airlines is on par with Cathay Pacific as well.

Happy Travels!

:star:

oh yes, we always book with travel agents. Filipino travel agents to be exact. Wouldn't do it any other way.

event.png

Timeline

I'm 6'3 and was comfortable in economy class...

Connecting Airport as Inchon, Seoul Korea. It's a top notch international airport.

Yes, I love the Seoul airport. Its the best airport I've been to. Did you get a chance to explore the Free lounge upstairs? Free internet, and a nice quiet place to relax and sleep. After some browsing online I also saw they have "free" showers.

event.png

Timeline

Yes, I love the Seoul airport. Its the best airport I've been to. Did you get a chance to explore the Free lounge upstairs? Free internet, and a nice quiet place to relax and sleep. After some browsing online I also saw they have "free" showers.

Yes Penguin mahal, Ichon Airport in Seoul South Korea is by far the best i have been to ever! they are very Passenger service Friendly and yes I have explored all they have to offer. Very Classy Airport! I belive Aisana and KAL owned by same! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

I remember when Northwest still flew. They were nice. Delta took over the routes and it has not been the same since.

Northwest/Delta is still the quickest for me.

I liked Northwest before they were bought out by Delta. Then it sucked after the merger, but now they seem to have all the kinks out now. Northwest/Delta always seemed to have the shortest flights and their main airport hubs are really easy to get in and get out of... especially Detroit, Nagoya, Narita, etc. I like Cathay Pacific, but it seems all their flights to The Philippines for the east coast region leaves JFK airport and I HATE that airport with a passion. Also my favorite thing about Northwest/Delta was always their Worldperks/SkyMiles program no other program could beat it in my opinion. I have gotten 2 free round trip tickets to The Philippines with it so far. Plus I like that when I fly Northwest/Delta that all the planes I fly are all Northwest/Delta owned planes, so there is no confusion about checked luggage requirements.

I don't understand how people simply judge airlines because of food, how young and pretty their flight attendants are, etc. I want something to get me to point a to point b in the shortest time possible. Also, Northwest/Delta never lost my luggage ever.

^^^ :thumbs: :thumbs:

Another thing: I don't like to sit around airports no matter how "nice" they are. On the Seattle-Narita-Manila route, the layover at Narita is only one hour and forty minutes. :thumbs:

Flying out of the NYC area, I would choose either Cathay pacific, Asiana or Korean Airlines. You wouldn't go wrong with either of the three.

As for the airports I would rate them as followed:

Singapore Changi Airport

Hong Kong International Airport

Incheon International Airport

These airports are usually ranked in the top 3 every year. This year HKIA is #1, last year was Changi & in 2009 was Incheon.

Although HKIA is the 3rd busiest airport in the world, it is one of the most efficient in the world.

As for luggage (this is for the Asian airlines)- you are allowed 2 free checked bags plus 1 carry-on and a small backpack, handbag or a laptop bag - up to 4 total bags for free. If you are a elite member of their FF club then you are allowed 3 free checked bags (5 total) plus the weight restrictions are more generous.

Also, the Balikbayan Boxes that are carried on an airline measures 18 x 18 x 24 - that is 60 total inches which is under the 62 inches restriction. Therefore, airlines consider a Balikbayan Box your checked luggage - you may call it BB but the airline calls it your checked luggage.

USCIS

07-20-2010: I-130 package mailed.

07-22-2010: I-130 Package Received - Priority Date.

07-29-2010: Received text & email from USCIS - Notice Date.

07-30-2010: Check Cashed by USCIS.

08-02-2010: Received NOA1 hard copy.

08-02,04,05: Touched.

09-28-2010: Received text & email - petition approved.

10-04-2010: Received NOA2 hard copy.

NVC

10-13-2010: NVC Case# Received (after calling).

10-15-2010: Emailed DS-3032 to NVC.

10-16-2020: Received the DS-3032 package, IIN number & AOS bill via email.

10-22-2010: Paid AOS bill ($88) - showing IN PROCESS

10-25-2010: AOS fee PAID.

10-27-2010: Express Mail AOS Package.

10-27-2010: Paid IV bill - showing IN PROCESS.

10-28-2010: AOS package delivered.

10-28-2010: IV fee PAID.

10-29-2010: Express Mail IV package.

11-01-2010: IV package delivered.

11-08-2010: AOS packages entered into NVC system.

11-15-2010: IV package entered into NVC system.

11-23-2010: SIF.

11-24-2010: Case Complete.

CONSULATE

12-21-2010: Medical at SLMC - Passed

12-22-2010: Immunization at SLMC

01-04-2011: Interview @USEM ~ Approval

OTHER

02-05-2011: POE at JFK

N-400

05-01-2017: N-400 Sent

05-09-2017: Case accepted

05-15-2017: Biometric appointment scheduled

05-30-2017: Biometric

06-05-2017: Inline for interview

08-15-2017: Interview scheduled

09-19-2017: Interview (approved).

01-19-2018: Oath Ceremony

Korean Air for me was the cheapest and best, previous i had flown American Airlines and Continental. American airlines was the worst, avoid it, Korean Air so far has been the best, they are very nice, the plane was nicer and had more foot room, cheaper etc

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.