12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I would like some input please I'm so nervous!!! My husband had his CR1 interview which went well... But he got 221g yellow slip stating we need a new co-sponsor we submitted the necessary documents. I just called DOS and was told a letter was sent out to my husband I asked DOS was my husband's visa approved she put me on hold and came back to the phone and said case still peneding. Now that made me so nervous because I thought the consular add notes to the status and DOS should be able to tell me .... Someone give me your thoughts!!!! I was also thinking maybe the letter says for my husband to submit his passport (maybe thats why the DOS operator said it still says pending)Can anyone please give your thoughts :whistle:

Timeline

the only evil thing about the DOS Hotline

is

They can't TELL YOU what's in the consular notes section on the casefile, stored in their computer.

They might give you some gist of it, but nothing exact.

As for your exact situation -

HEY ! this is not bad news - it's NOT DENIED - they only want further stuff, and are giving him the opportunity to give them further stuff.

What they want, and the manner/medium to get it back to GUZ IV, are IN the documents he received on interview day. I beg of you, ask him to scan them in, email to you, then YOU eyeball review it.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

the only evil thing about the DOS Hotline

is

They can't TELL YOU what's in the consular notes section on the casefile, stored in their computer.

They might give you some gist of it, but nothing exact.

As for your exact situation -

HEY ! this is not bad news - it's NOT DENIED - they only want further stuff, and are giving him the opportunity to give them further stuff.

What they want, and the manner/medium to get it back to GUZ IV, are IN the documents he received on interview day. I beg of you, ask him to scan them in, email to you, then YOU eyeball review it.

Thats just it we already submitted what was required (a new co-sponsor) we were just waiting on co response as to if visa is approved my husband tracked package using ems whiched showed letter had been sent out by consulate. So my husband suggested I call DOS to see if the letter said visa approved cos he said DOS should be able to tell us tht guess we will know soon wht is in the letter. I saw in a fourm someone mentioned call-in letter which I have no clue what tht is? also on yellow slip 221g it stated my husband didn't require a second interview....

Timeline

eh - most likely it's a letter with instructions on how to submit the passport - it's not a call-in letter (which gets him into the IV unit another time, like a hall pass)

But I'm ski-ing a sippery slope here - usually if the letter is asking for the passport, then DoS will know some status.

He'll get the letter soon, you can have a look, tell us all ? Relax for a bit, whilst yer waiting.. Do not freak out, prior. (Or I make you cook 19 dozen jiaozi)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

eh - most likely it's a letter with instructions on how to submit the passport - it's not a call-in letter (which gets him into the IV unit another time, like a hall pass)

But I'm ski-ing a sippery slope here - usually if the letter is asking for the passport, then DoS will know some status.

He'll get the letter soon, you can have a look, tell us all ? Relax for a bit, whilst yer waiting.. Do not freak out, prior. (Or I make you cook 19 dozen jiaozi)

RELAX.... easier said than done lol... I do get ur point will keep u posted abt the letter... 19 dozen jiaozi :rofl: take care n thanks for ur input much appreciated!

Timeline

RELAX.... easier said than done lol... I do get ur point will keep u posted abt the letter... 19 dozen jiaozi :rofl: take care n thanks for ur input much appreciated!

My husband just got the letter and his visa has been approved :dance: I'm so grateful been a long road my hubby will be here for christmas!!!!

Timeline

excellent. tell him to scan in the letter, and email it to you, you read it, la.

Timeline

excellent. tell him to scan in the letter, and email it to you, you read it, la.

yep yep... already scanned n I have read the box marked visa approved it was actually a call-in letter saying send ur passport! Thank u Lord :dance:

Timeline

ok la - what's the 'jump the pond' schedule?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.