EMILIA12

CALIFORNIA PROCESSING

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi all,

I'm an august filer at CSC, and I have no clue about their processing. It should be 6 months but then again people are getting approved from September filers while CSC didn't approve August or even July filers. Do you think it have anything to do with the local USCIS office in the city you filed at ? I noticed people from small towns get approved first. Just a thought though!!! sigh!!

Hi all,

I'm an august filer at CSC, and I have no clue about their processing. It should be 6 months but then again people are getting approved from September filers while CSC didn't approve August or even July filers. Do you think it have anything to do with the local USCIS office in the city you filed at ? I noticed people from small towns get approved first. Just a thought though!!! sigh!!

I have no proof, but I think it does have a lot to do with the local office. Where I live isn't a small city, but it's not huge like LA or something either. And I'm sure my local office has a lot less immigrants coming through it than places in CA/FL/NY/etc. so I wouldn't be surprised to find out that our approval in under 3 months was because there's not as big of a pool to deal with here.

Hope you hear something soon!

s41029cb120113_1_0.jpg

Timeline

I have no proof, but I think it does have a lot to do with the local office. Where I live isn't a small city, but it's not huge like LA or something either. And I'm sure my local office has a lot less immigrants coming through it than places in CA/FL/NY/etc. so I wouldn't be surprised to find out that our approval in under 3 months was because there's not as big of a pool to deal with here.

Hope you hear something soon!

Thanks for your reply and congratulations on your approval. I guess there are less immigrants in Spokane than Seattle. I'm confident that local office plays a big part because most of the big cities take forever.

Thanks for your reply and congratulations on your approval. I guess there are less immigrants in Spokane than Seattle. I'm confident that local office plays a big part because most of the big cities take forever.

I wouldn't expect Seattle to be a huge immigration hot spot either, but compared to Spokane it probably sees a lot more. I just know every time I've had to go down to the courthouse to deal with USCIS stuff, the place has been absolutely dead and we've been in and out very quickly. We have a small Russian community and a Japanese school that students come over to attend (although I'm sure most of them are just on student Visas and aren't immigrating), but otherwise not a lot of immigrants that I'm aware of. So yeah, I believe your assumptions are correct and a lot rides on how inundated the local office is with cases :) Keep your fingers crossed that Seattle catches up quickly!

s41029cb120113_1_0.jpg

Timeline

I wouldn't expect Seattle to be a huge immigration hot spot either, but compared to Spokane it probably sees a lot more. I just know every time I've had to go down to the courthouse to deal with USCIS stuff, the place has been absolutely dead and we've been in and out very quickly. We have a small Russian community and a Japanese school that students come over to attend (although I'm sure most of them are just on student Visas and aren't immigrating), but otherwise not a lot of immigrants that I'm aware of. So yeah, I believe your assumptions are correct and a lot rides on how inundated the local office is with cases :) Keep your fingers crossed that Seattle catches up quickly!

Seattle never accepted walk ins, they even have a sign that asks walk ins to reschedule. when I went there last time for biometrics there were many people, not overwhelming though. I hope Seattle will catch up but I see July filers from Seattle that are still pending. I don't think approvals are random, it can't be because an officer is lazy. Laziness will delay the case for a week or two not months.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The only way it has anything to do with the local office is if you are waiting for an interview.

The papers are processed at CSC or VSC not local offices.

Local office doesn't have anything to do with faster processing.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

The only way it has anything to do with the local office is if you are waiting for an interview.

The papers are processed at CSC or VSC not local offices.

Local office doesn't have anything to do with faster processing.

I agree with Inky it's the VSC & CSC that do the processing for those taht don't get interviews.

The current approval process does seem a little random. I wonder if green card expiration date comes into it at all? As this may explain why some people are getting approved so much faster perhaps if they filed late in their 90 day window. It's really nice to see people getting approved in 2/3 months, :thumbs: but msut be so frustrating for those that have been waiting for 6 months +...

Nov 6, 2012 N-400 mailed

Nov 7, 2012 N-400 delivered to Phoenix lockbox, signed by Arndt & case priority date

Nov 9, 2012 Case Touched, NOA date

Nov 13, 2012 Got text/e-mail with case number & the check was cashed :)

Nov 14, 2012 Case updated online to say biometrics apt. notice is on its way!

Nov 16, 2012 Received NOA & biometrics apt. letter

Nov 28, 2012 Biometrics apt.

Jan 4, 2013 In line for interview!

Jan 5, 2013 Scheduled for interview!

Jan 10, 2013 Received interview letter

Jan 19, 2013 Received yellow letter dated 1/16 asking me to bring more passport pics to the interview

Feb 11, 2013 Interview

Mar 8, 2013 Got an online update - oath scheduled!

Mar 13, 2013 Oath letter received

Mar 22, 2013 Oath! Officially an American citizen!

I was a Calif. filer and they had to return my package to me and it was postmarked Lincoln, Nebraska. I returned it to Liguna Niguel, Calif. And then the acceptance letter came from Lincoln but the card on the same day from Calif. I have no idea what their system is.

Even with interuption is was only 9/12 until 11/25 for receipt of card.

Timeline

I was a Calif. filer and they had to return my package to me and it was postmarked Lincoln, Nebraska. I returned it to Liguna Niguel, Calif. And then the acceptance letter came from Lincoln but the card on the same day from Calif. I have no idea what their system is.

Even with interuption is was only 9/12 until 11/25 for receipt of card.

I still think that the local office has to do with the approval.I assume local offices are not able to produce the actual green card that's why California sends it.If you look at all cases most correspondences after NOA1 AND Biometrics are from local office except for the card . and again there is no way that an officer is too lazy that a September filer will be approved while a July filer is still pending ( believe me they would have fired the officer). And again how many of those people that got approved are from big cities?

Just curious, for those whom did get their file forwarded to local office, how soon did you get the appointment for interview? It's been 2 months since I received the relocation notice and still no updates on the website nor any interview appointment notices.

Or, is it a 100% guarantee that you'll get interviewed if your file gets relocated to local office?

I am from a big city - Chicago - but I keep getting info from Lincoln, NB. I do not even know where USCIS office is here but I am sure there is one. I have to go to Indiana for Biometrics.

Like I said, I can't figure out their system, if there is one.

I am from a big city - Chicago - but I keep getting info from Lincoln, NB. I do not even know where USCIS office is here but I am sure there is one. I have to go to Indiana for Biometrics.

Like I said, I can't figure out their system, if there is one.

Nebraska has a USCIS service center. I think people used to file I-751's directly there as there's a pinned thread saying that the NSC & TSC are no longer accepting mailed in I-751s.

Just speculating but maybe Nebraska is helping California with the I-751 case load. These processing centers handle so many different types of immigration and visa cases so who knows which each center chooses to work on first or how backed up they are. Maybe at the NSC they're all caught up and approving Sept filers whereas the cases that stayed at the CSC are taking longer as maybe they are more backed up with other cases... Or vice versa...

Just my random theory lol! :blush:

Edited by marie09

Nov 6, 2012 N-400 mailed

Nov 7, 2012 N-400 delivered to Phoenix lockbox, signed by Arndt & case priority date

Jan 19, 2013 Received yellow letter dated 1/16 asking me to bring more passport pics to the interview

Feb 11, 2013 Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Nebraska has a USCIS service center. I think people used to file I-751's directly there as there's a pinned thread saying that the NSC & TSC are no longer accepting mailed in I-751s.

Just speculating but maybe Nebraska is helping California with the I-751 case load. These processing centers handle so many different types of immigration and visa cases so who knows which each center chooses to work on first or how backed up they are. Maybe at the NSC they're all caught up and approving Sept filers whereas the cases that stayed at the CSC are taking longer as maybe they are more backed up with other cases... Or vice versa...

Just my random theory lol! :blush:

NSC is dead empty except for Mexican deportation cases. NSC is the same office as the deportation center lol. It would be nice of them to help out with 751 cases again considering the office is like a ghost town...

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

NSC is dead empty except for Mexican deportation cases. NSC is the same office as the deportation center lol. It would be nice of them to help out with 751 cases again considering the office is like a ghost town...

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

So I guess it remains a mystery why ChicagoGuy got his acceptance letter from Nebraska. :innocent:

Nov 6, 2012 N-400 mailed

Feb 11, 2013 Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.