hubby4life

Age difference of fiance to fiancee?

601 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's showtime??? I like how some people are commenting on this topic, who have no idea of the culture, have never been to the Philippines, and definitely have not walked in the person's shoes they are insulting..

Ex. Topic based- when I was living in the Phils with my then fiancee, my fathwr wanted to come visit and see me and meet my wife. My father was single, 65 and dating back home. He had been to the Phils for a couple work trips back in the 80's when not such a good time to be there.

We went out for dinner, first remarks were- I can't believe all the older men with younger women. We had a very good discussion and he had his views. After 1 week of visiting my friends(locals and foreigners), talking with foreigners in the malls, and seeing it first hand he had a little different view. He himself waan't interested in filipina's

or a younger girl, he undersood and seen the relationships first hand. He met a doctor and a minester from the states and had conversations over this age difference topic. They noth were married yo filipinas and were extremely happy in their relationships. My dad got it.

Now he sees my relationship With my wife, although the

age gap isn't as big as some, she is still young. And he is very supportive and sees the true love that is there.

Filipina's have been said are the most loyal women in the world to their husbands and families. Why wouldn't I want the best of the best?

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Filed: Other Timeline

I like how some people are commenting on this topic [...] have not walked in the person's shoes they are insulting..

It's not your choice by the way!! Unless you're one of those controlling people, sounds like it..

Doubt any 50,55,60 year old men would want a relationship with your AMERICAN daughter!!

actob99,

I like that too.

“Any woman can fool a man if she wants to and if he's in love with her.”

Agatha Christie

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

They are not a breed(?) and they are certainly not like dogs which your language suggests. If a Filipina woman is awesome, it is not because some sort of geographical or genetic predisposition. You make them into mindless automatons, incapable of any thought or action beyond outside controlling forces. I picked a Filipina wife because they are the most loyal, just like my German Shepard Shepherd (?)! How can anyone not see that language or attitude as insulting? That is how you address animal breeds.

No one here posting has anything against Filipinas, Filipinos, the Philippines, or whatever. The age gap question has two sides: USC and Foreign Country X. People are perfectly capable of critiquing either side. My personal examination was regarding the USC side. That would be how you could compare 3 Vj forums-- via USC culture as a control.

Also, you down others for making assumptions when your whole critiques of other posters are based on assumptions. Anyone who disagrees with you has no idea about the country, culture, or anything else. Really? Have you done a quick background check on all of us during the down time of the thread?

Ya know I did not read where he mentioned the word breed and I for sure did not get the impression he was talking of dogs... so really I don't understand your comment, maybe you just over here in the Philippine forum to stir things up?

Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, Reverent. = boy scout

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I think she is referring to the fact that he is claiming that all Filipino are loyal.. like it is a common trait just because she is Filipino..

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
You make them into mindless automatons, incapable of any thought or action beyond outside controlling forces. I picked a Filipina wife because they are the most loyal, just like my German Shepard!

Wow, pretty sure I didn't say that.. But thanks for sharing!

Again!!! You are in a Phils regional discussion where there has been insulting remarks about filipina's.. A danish man being equiped and could break a filipina is not insulting to a filipina??? You didn't respond against that so I should ASSume you condone that?

I put it to you- post the same exact topic in the general discussion and lets see what transpires.. I will keep my remarks clean, educated with thought and not insulting.. Then lets see how it goes..

NO RFE'S

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

I dislike when women are clumped together, like Filipino women are all like this, American women are all like that etc...

I am very loyal to my husband and it has nothing to do with my nationality.. :wacko:

I agree with most of what you're saying. But there are also cultural differences between Americans, Filipinos, Canadians, Danishians etc. that shouldn't be ignore either. No matter...the only important issue is knowing and loving the person you're with, no matter the age.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Wow, pretty sure I didn't say that.. But thanks for sharing!

Again!!! You are in a Phils regional discussion where there has been insulting remarks about filipina's.. A danish man being equiped and could break a filipina is not insulting to a filipina??? You didn't respond against that so I should ASSume you condone that?

Actually is wasn't meant as insulting to Filipinas, but rather just using exactly what you said and replacing it with different words. That wasn't the way I meant it and the fact that you think that I did is you just projecting your own insecurities about the size of your "weapon."

Stop fixating on my comment - it is saying a lot more about you than me at this point.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree with most of what you're saying. But there are also cultural differences between Americans, Filipinos, Canadians, Danishians etc. that shouldn't be ignore either. No matter...the only important issue is knowing and loving the person you're with, no matter the age.

it just seems that some men on here, not just in this forum, seem to love their wife more for where she is from then who she is personally..

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Actually is wasn't meant as insulting to Filipinas, but rather just using exactly what you said and replacing it with different words. That wasn't the way I meant it and the fact that you think that I did is you just projecting your own insecurities about the size of your "weapon."

Stop fixating on my comment - it is saying a lot more abou

t you than me at this point.

You said it! TOO LATE, i can repost it again if you like. And nowhere did any of my words have anything to do with that. You are rude and distasteful!

NO RFE'S

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

You said it! TOO LATE, i can repost it again if you like. And nowhere did any of my words have anything to do with that. You are rude and distasteful!

*rolls eyes*

<--- Starts a topic about how outraged she is about objectification of Filipinas and other women on this forum

<---- Has part Filipina daughter

<---- Still talks to Filipino ex in laws every week even though she has been divorced for 4,5 years.

You think that I hate Filipinos or that I want to degrade Filipinas?

Weird because I think you do the same with your sweeping comments about them as if they don't have unique personalities or attributes.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

*rolls eyes*

<--- Starts a topic about how outraged she is about objectification of Filipinas and other women on this forum

<---- Has part Filipina daughter

<---- Still talks to Filipino ex in laws every week even though she has been divorced for 4,5 years

You think that I hate Filipinos or that I want to degrade Filipinas

Weird because I think you do the same with your sweeping comments about them as if they don't have unique personalities or attributes.

You have alot of cards in your hand but you played the wrong one!

NO RFE'S

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.