i'm-in-love

cfo... disappointing!!!

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Commission on Filipinos Overseas = AKA/another big nanny-state government agency that thinks so little of it's citizens, they need to be counseled by mother before they leave the her bosom.

Yes that is correct.

Very interesting! I wonder why the Chinese government doesn't have a similar agency???:lol: :lol: :unsure:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

is there possibility the cfo will not give u a sticker???

i had my seminar today at st. mary euphrasia and it went fine. in one-on-one counseling, the counselor asked question and made me feel like as if i'm not aware or don't know what i'm doing because my fiance and i have 19 years gap. she's nuts!!! she didn't give me certificate and asked me to bring pics of me and my fiance and story how we met and what we talked about when were together. my fiance and i been together for 5 years and 3 months and she's making me feel i don't what i'm doing. this is so irritating!!! pls help me with this matter. it really ruined my day :(

pls... pls... pls :cry:

what questions were asked and what made you feel like they think you are not aware of whats going on with you and your relationship? - When was there at SMEF attending my seminar, I realized that they asked too persnal question than the questions asked at the embassy. but they are just doing their job and you know your case better. just answer their question straight tot he point and dont take matter too personal. think that they re doing their job and is asking because they are just looking after your welfare too when you are out of the country. Give them what they are asking and stay calm. Stay positive and dont let your temper run out..it always helps to stay calm and deal with them as calmy as you can. Did you not bring pics of you and your fiance coz they do require that tho. And about the certificate, they will issue that ones yo are able to satisfy their requirements. CFO give the sticker not SMEF, bt CFO needs to see the certificate for them to release you a sticker. Sticker is given to you when you have your visa. Goddluck

Timeline

what questions were asked and what made you feel like they think you are not aware of whats going on with you and your relationship? - When was there at SMEF attending my seminar, I realized that they asked too persnal question than the questions asked at the embassy. but they are just doing their job and you know your case better. just answer their question straight tot he point and dont take matter too personal. think that they re doing their job and is asking because they are just looking after your welfare too when you are out of the country. Give them what they are asking and stay calm. Stay positive and dont let your temper run out..it always helps to stay calm and deal with them as calmy as you can. Did you not bring pics of you and your fiance coz they do require that tho. And about the certificate, they will issue that ones yo are able to satisfy their requirements. CFO give the sticker not SMEF, bt CFO needs to see the certificate for them to release you a sticker. Sticker is given to you when you have your visa. Goddluck

i answered her questions confidently, the first thing she asked was my age. actually, people from there thought i'm too young because of how i look (i was just wearing regular shirt and look formal)i don't know if my looks made her think that way. speaking with requirements, there website they didn't say anything like going there with proof that u have a genuine relationship and also pictures that u really meet ur fiance in person. what is that? they gonna act as if they consul??? of course, even though i was so annoyed that time, i still kept smiling making myself to calm down and treated her nice. if she really want to see proof, she should be ready for it cause i'm gonna load her bunch of documents :lol: what made me angry was, she didn't give me a certificate.

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

Timeline

she's making our age gap a big deal :bonk:

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Very interesting! I wonder why the Chinese government doesn't have a similar agency???:lol: :lol: :unsure:

Isn't that interesting, a totalitarian government does not require that of its citizens?

In some respects the Philippine government does treat its citizens like children.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

24 years old

My fiance is 26 and I'm 53. She said they asked her specific questions about my divorce decree. I work in a similar field (Social Work) often it seems intimidating when soemone is concerned for your welfare they are not on your side. Maybe if you think of it that she is like a parent or someone who wants to protect you it would be easier to deal with?

Timeline

My fiance is 26 and I'm 53. She said they asked her specific questions about my divorce decree. I work in a similar field (Social Work) often it seems intimidating when soemone is concerned for your welfare they are not on your side. Maybe if you think of it that she is like a parent or someone who wants to protect you it would be easier to deal with?

she's way too much... my parents already talked to me about my relationship with my fiance and to be honest they were against on it and kept telling me clip it. but not anymore :yes: because my fiance was proved to them that he really loves me :wub: so our age gap is not an issue anymore in our family :D

that lady shouldn't be judgmental...

she's way too much... my parents already talked to me about my relationship with my fiance and to be honest they were against on it and kept telling me clip it. but not anymore :yes: because my fiance *proved to them that he really loves me :wub: so our age gap is not an issue anymore in our family :D

that lady shouldn't be judgmental...

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

Timeline

she's making our age gap a big deal :bonk:

OP, for pete-sake, do not allow that woman to have control over you. The age difference between you and your fiance is a fact

and she can not change that. I've suggested as have others how to handle that woman.

1. Give her pics that show you happy and having a great time with your fiance. The Photo requirement is now met.

2. Give her a tear-jerk love story version of how you guys met. That requirement is now met.

3. No need to share with that woman any intimate details of your conversations. Tell her what you talk about without

the details of the conversations. Be vague and speak in general terms, as an example;

a. We talk about future plans to have children, how we will raise them, how we will educate them,

b. We talk our financial goals as a couple,

c. We talk about how serious we will take our marriage vows so that we remain married through thick-and thin,

d. We talk about our commitment to support each other emotionally through the ups-and downs of marraige,

Walk in that building with your head held high, walk into her office exuding with self-esteem and pride, sit before

her dripping with confidence.

That woman can only make you feel as bad as you will allow her, you're in charge of how you feel.

You can see this as a negative with "she's making our age gap a big deal" or as a positive chance to shut her up

by proving your 5 + year relationship is as loving and committed as any of the many relationships she's seen with less longevitity, regardless

of the 19 year age difference.

And please, flip her the middle-finger as you exit the building. It makes for great stress relief and is a good 'up-yours' and 'take that' for

having you return for another one-on-one with her.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Timeline

i answered her questions confidently, the first thing she asked was my age. actually, people from there thought i'm too young because of how i look (i was just wearing regular shirt and look formal)i don't know if my looks made her think that way. speaking with requirements, there website they didn't say anything like going there with proof that u have a genuine relationship and also pictures that u really meet ur fiance in person. what is that? they gonna act as if they consul??? of course, even though i was so annoyed that time, i still kept smiling making myself to calm down and treated her nice. if she really want to see proof, she should be ready for it cause i'm gonna load her bunch of documents :lol: what made me angry was, she didn't give me a certificate.

Just go back & give her what she asked period. You are right, there was no specific requirements on their website thats why pinays/pinoys going thru these process who are lucky enough to join the visa support groups becoz they get to learn from other applicants experience and be able to prepare for whatever is needed. Try to check our website, you will find alot of girls that are still on process or have just got done attending CFO seminar and it went all fine even if some of them has 20+ years of age gap.

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Timeline

the picture is one of their requirements. the guard before we entered the SMEF center told us to read the requirements. Since I live far ways from cebu and knowing that sometimes there are surprises when it comes to appointments like this. I normally call ( which I did ) before I showed up there. So I brought me me what was needed..which includes the picture. With regards to the picture, they explained to me why they ask that. They keep it in their system. First to track those who are already in the immigration black list. Other than the names of who's who is going out and whom they will be with, they need a face behind those names. So they ask that. With regards to looks, I doubt that's the case. If they would give you hard time on that, they will ask you more proof and think your birth certificate is a fraud.hence they did not, right? - They will only give you the certificate of you give them their necessary requirements which includes the picture..when you give them that, they will hand you the certificate so no worries.

Timeline

they will refuse to give me a sticker because of our age gap??? possible??? that's crazy!!!

it is not about the age gap...it is about you not presenting them picture. I was also asked one pics to be given to them. and so as the rest of the applicant who was interviewed same time as me. Oh, and you have to pay a little amount one you get the certtificate..around 5 pesos maybe...I cant remember. Its not in their website so just be prepared :D

Timeline

The CFO is a another nanny-state, money making scam for the Philippine government, under the guise of caring for the welfare of its citizens.

The thought of having to listen to the drivel of a bunch control freaks and being treated like a 5 year before you can leave the country, should be insulting to adults.

Edited by Leatherneck

Timeline

You should kick her dirty *ss to the curb :P for giving you a hard time. :lol:

Those people at the CFO seminar are all control freaks and power trippers. :devil: I think they behave this way because their jealousy is driving them crazy..

Give them what they are asking for. Get that BS certificate, Flip her the bird and move on! :devil::lol:

Best of Luck!

i agree :thumbs::thumbs:

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.