TBoneTX

RUBbette Wives & Housework, si man

891 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Back to topic: Our laundry room (doubling as the entry to the house from the garage) was smelling. Mrs. T-B. thought that it smelled like rancid humidity; I thought that it was either that or cat-shat.

Mrs. T-B. determined that the stench arose from the cloth towels that she uses to mop the floor (with use of the infamous rag-on-a-stick) that she then dumps on the laundry-room floor. She put the culprit towels in the washing machine. She either forgot to use soap at all or she used the cheap liquid stuff with no scent, because now the washing machine smells like the towels did. She forgot to use a fabric-softener sheet in the dryer, because now the dryer smells like the towels did.

However, she somehow did remember to clean the lint-trap (!!!?!), which almost caused me to spontaneously file for her USCitizenship, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Back to topic:

Well...we're at 13,500 views and 630 or so posts...so who remembers the topic? We've had about 7 distinct subtopics and counting.

We have established one fact...climate zones don't effect cleaning habits. Whether near the equator or Arctic Circle, women all are lousy house keepers. And our great grandmothers are rolling over in their graves.

Edited by visaveteran1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Back to topic: Our laundry room (doubling as the entry to the house from the garage) was smelling. Mrs. T-B. thought that it smelled like rancid humidity; I thought that it was either that or cat-shat.

Mrs. T-B. determined that the stench arose from the cloth towels that she uses to mop the floor (with use of the infamous rag-on-a-stick) that she then dumps on the laundry-room floor. She put the culprit towels in the washing machine. She either forgot to use soap at all or she used the cheap liquid stuff with no scent, because now the washing machine smells like the towels did. She forgot to use a fabric-softener sheet in the dryer, because now the dryer smells like the towels did.

However, she somehow did remember to clean the lint-trap (!!!?!), which almost caused me to spontaneously file for her USCitizenship, si man.

Alla has always wanted a "work room" (utility room) and she is going to get one someday. We have all the appliances and items we need, even a steam ironing machine like they use in fancy clothes stores but she wants it all in a neat and finished "room" not an unfinished basement.

She would kill for a "mud room" even if it were combined with the work room. I built a little porch coming in from the garage and enclosed it so it is sort of warm in the winter and built in a "wardrobe" for coats and shoes but the area is very small and only big enough for one person which means when we come home I have to wait at the bottom of the stairs while she does the "shoe dance" and gets herself into the house with her slippers on. And when we go out, the door stays open as she puts her shoes on (putting on shoes is actually much more of a process than it would seem) Her dream mud room ain't happenin' at this house, too small for that.

And she never empties the lint filter! If it were part of the citizenship test she would fail and be deported.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

At least it wasn't the cat ####### :lol:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Vinegar should help. It fixes everything...especially musty towels. A couple of cups in the soak cycle, then a couple of rinse & spins.

Follow with 2 G&Ts.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Timeline
Well, it could have been cat ####### on the towels. So, putting this in a "Clue" context, Professor Cat used the towels in the laundry room.
Gong... nope, not cat-shat. I did, however, sit squarely in some cat-barf very recently (to wit, tonight), squish man.

Mrs. T-B. can't fathom that if a cat barfs on the floor, especially near its food bowl, and you LEAVE THE BARF THERE, the cat will later re-eat the barf. "Well, it was good the first time, so..." What a waste of effort, paper towels, and an initially good meal with leftovers, sigh man.

Vinegar should help. It fixes everything...especially musty towels. A couple of cups in the soak cycle, then a couple of rinse & spins. Follow with 2 G&Ts.
Thank you, si ma'am, but I prefer paint-thinner with a little grenadine, m'self, hic man. And these towels weren't musty; they were RANCID, ick man. However, I have just rewashed them tonight, so all is well with the world, see man. Edited by TBoneTX

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
Well...we're at 13,500 views and 630 or so posts...so who remembers the topic? We've had about 7 distinct subtopics and counting.
True, si man, but note that I didn't specify WHICH topic, no man. :)
We have established one fact...climate zones don't effect cleaning habits. Whether near the equator or Arctic Circle, women all are lousy house keepers. And our great grandmothers are rolling over in their graves.
Well, actually, Mrs. T-B. can do a helluva clean-housing job when she applies herself, si man, but I can indulge my misogynistic side (a refreshing aspect of this RUBforum) and not disagree with you, no man.

True, si man, but note that I didn't specify WHICH topic, no man. :) Well, actually, Mrs. T-B. can do a helluva clean-housing job when she applies herself, si man, but I can indulge my misogynistic side (a refreshing aspect of this RUBforum) and not disagree with you, no man.

It sounds like you have the superior housekeeping skills. Nothing to be ashamed of!

I come from a long line of ladies who take a casual approach to housekeeping. This includes my great-grandmother, born in Kiev in the 1890s. My mother remembered her reading the Yiddish newspaper (in Boston by this time), surrounded by piles of clutter. Probably newspapers.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Timeline
It sounds like you have the superior housekeeping skills. Nothing to be ashamed of!
Perhaps true, si ma'am, but not without its perils. To wit, last night I was coagulating the household garbage, and Mrs. T-B. handed me an, uh, exceptionally well-used diaper of Mini-Bone's, and rather unwrapped, stink man. I'm very proud that at least this effort by young Mini-B. rivaled the output and putridity of the cat's efforts, miu man.
I come from a long line of ladies who take a casual approach to housekeeping. This includes my great-grandmother, born in Kiev in the 1890s. My mother remembered her reading the Yiddish newspaper (in Boston by this time), surrounded by piles of clutter.
Ah, man... this brings to mind the first marriage, to Ex-Mrs.-T-B. The operative byword was: "How many Jewish-American Princesses does it take to clean the house? Two -- one to call Daddy's maid, and the other to order the Diet Pepsi." Ex-Mrs.-T-B.'s first language was, in fact, Yiddish.

Mama-Mrs.-T-B. is still visiting from Ecuador. I shook open a clean garbage-bag, and -- risking the standard look of alarm and urgent directions to the nearest bathroom whenever I attempt to say anything in Spanish -- said, "La bolsa para la basura es abierto. Soy un MACHOOOOOO!' ["The bag for the garbage is open. I'm an arrogant, masculine ####### with complete double standards and who treats women with disrespect!"] Mama-Mrs.-T-B. laughed, because in Ecu it is distinctly and only the wife's job to wrangle the garbage, si man.

Timeline

Perhaps true, si ma'am, but not without its perils. To wit, last night I was coagulating the household garbage, and Mrs. T-B. handed me an, uh, exceptionally well-used diaper of Mini-Bone's, and rather unwrapped, stink man. I'm very proud that at least this effort by young Mini-B. rivaled the output and putridity of the cat's efforts, miu man.Ah, man... this brings to mind the first marriage, to Ex-Mrs.-T-B. The operative byword was: "How many Jewish-American Princesses does it take to clean the house? Two -- one to call Daddy's maid, and the other to order the Diet Pepsi." Ex-Mrs.-T-B.'s first language was, in fact, Yiddish.

Mama-Mrs.-T-B. is still visiting from Ecuador. I shook open a clean garbage-bag, and -- risking the standard look of alarm and urgent directions to the nearest bathroom whenever I attempt to say anything in Spanish -- said, "La bolsa para la basura es abierto. Soy un MACHOOOOOO!' ["The bag for the garbage is open. I'm an arrogant, masculine ####### with complete double standards and who treats women with disrespect!"] Mama-Mrs.-T-B. laughed, because in Ecu it is distinctly and only the wife's job to wrangle the garbage, si man.

I claim no superior housekeeping skills but will occasionally assist Alla in folding the king sized quilts. I do get the job of stuffing the quilt into the duvette cover, which I hate and also clean the toilets when we cannt force one of teenage slaves to do it.

I also am the engine for the grocery cart while Alla fills it with healthy food and I hide the Goober grape, tater tots and, worst of all, Ramen noodles in the basket under the healthy stuff.

Has anyone been to "Five Guys" burger joint? we just had one open here and I am thinking of taking Pasha there the next time Alla has some evening activity and leaves us to fend for ourselves. This is when we hit the Chinese Buffets, Outback Steakhouse for a "Bloomin' Onion" buy one of those huge pizzas at Costco and load it with extra stuff...etc. I heard Five Guys is pretty good.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

TBone, dude, you have to change those diapers every day! When they say "18-20 lbs" that's it, that is all they will hold!

Gary And Alla

Has anyone been to "Five Guys" burger joint? we just had one open here and I am thinking of taking Pasha there the next time Alla has some evening activity and leaves us to fend for ourselves. This is when we hit the Chinese Buffets, Outback Steakhouse for a "Bloomin' Onion" buy one of those huge pizzas at Costco and load it with extra stuff...etc. I heard Five Guys is pretty good.

Yep. Pretty decent for a burger joint. I have eaten in a Five Guys in Nashville, and Winston-Salem, that I can recall. I little greasy, but it is a burger and fries :lol:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.