solarant

Interview and possible I-601 application

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am an a USA citizen but my wife who is an illegal Mexican immigrant. I applied for her permanent visa and she has her interview in December in Juarez. We have two children who were born in the USA. I have done some research, and it seems she will be refused her visa in December and most likely she will have to go through the I-601 process. What I need to know if there is any chance she will be granted re-entry to the usa after the December interview, even if she is refused her visa ? My wife is currently my wife is living in the USA with the full knowledge of immigration. If shed gets refused

re-entry in December how long will it be to get to the I-601 interview.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

There is zero chance she will be allowed to return to the US. You need to immediately go to www.immigrate2us.net where they are the experts on 601 waivers...as to how long it will take, it depends entirely on the magnitude of her immigration violations

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You are going to need a Lawyer, not a Notario.

There is a list of recommended lawyers on Immigrate2US

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

this sounds like my husbands case. he was in the United states ILLEGALLY too. at the first interview everyone is denied if they have been in the united states longer then 365 days. th

May 2005- Met my husband

June 2005- Became a couple

September 2006- 1st son born

July 2007- 2nd son born

June 2010- Married

September 2010-Hired our Lawyer

October 15th 2010- Petition Sent in

December 2010- 1st daughter born

February 7th 2011- Petition Approved

August 3rd 2011- recieved our appointment

September 1st 2011- 1st appointment- denied, but approved for a waiver

November 14th 2011- 2nd appointment, turned in waiver

_ _ _ _ _ - Visa Approved (still waiting as of February 18th 2012)

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

this sounds like my husbands case. he was in the United states ILLEGALLY too. at the first interview everyone is denied if they have been in the united states longer then 365 days. then the immigration officer will grant you a 'perdon' or forgivness for being in the United states, they will then give you a piece of paper that shows the forgiveness. then you will beable to make another interview at the consulate to hand in your waiver packet the waiver will contain medical records, school records, birth certificates etc showing that you have a real relationship with your wife. the officers will review your waiver and decide if she will grant the visa. then you and your wife may have to wait up to 18 months before you recieve a denial letter or the visa. PEOPLE SHOULDNT WRITE IF THEY HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF THIS PROCESS!! DO NOT LISTEN TO THAT WOMEN THAT REPLIED TO YOU FIRST. my husband and i just went through this process, he just had his waiver appointment november 14th. i reccommend seeing a lawyer and talking to them. learn as much as you can about the process so you understand whats going on.

May 2005- Met my husband

June 2005- Became a couple

September 2006- 1st son born

July 2007- 2nd son born

June 2010- Married

September 2010-Hired our Lawyer

October 15th 2010- Petition Sent in

December 2010- 1st daughter born

February 7th 2011- Petition Approved

August 3rd 2011- recieved our appointment

September 1st 2011- 1st appointment- denied, but approved for a waiver

November 14th 2011- 2nd appointment, turned in waiver

_ _ _ _ _ - Visa Approved (still waiting as of February 18th 2012)

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You seem to be confused about the process and the timelines.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Timeline

You filed an I-130 for your wife. It got approved, processed, send to NVC and the interview will be in Juarez. The moment your wife leaves the U.S., she will trigger the 10-year bar. The IR-1 visa will be denied because of this bar. In December of 2021 she can apply again and that time she should get her visa.

If you do not want her to live in Mexico for the next 10 years, you will need an I-601 waiver. In order to get it approved, you will need to prove that it is an incredible hardship for YOU and your KIDS to live in the U.S. without your wife. SHE doesn't matter, only the U.S. citizen relatives. You will also have to prove that you cannot move to Mexico and live there with your wife.

You cannot pull this off alone. You will need an immigration attorney who does nothing but such waivers, day in, day out, such as Laurel Scott. These attorneys are very expensive, for a reason. They do magic. I also suggest that you move over to http://www.immigrate2us.net. I cannot predict your wife's chances to get the I-601, but understand that this is not just a formality, it's a big honking deal that will decide where your wife will have to live for the next decade.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
PEOPLE SHOULDNT WRITE IF THEY HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF THIS PROCESS!! DO NOT LISTEN TO THAT WOMEN THAT REPLIED TO YOU FIRST.

Actually the first reply was correct. Please re-read the OP. Specifically the questions the first reply was responding to:

What I need to know if there is any chance she will be granted re-entry to the usa after the December interview, even if she is refused her visa?... If shed gets refused re-entry in December how long will it be to get to the I-601 interview

Therefore the OP was asking if the wife would be permitted entry after the FIRST interview, entry in December, BEFORE the I-601 interview. So the reply was correct NO CHANCE of entering without the waiver. He then said the OP should go to immigrate2us to get answers on the I-601.

I suppose the first reply should have said "There is zero chance she will be allowed to return to the US... in December" but that was implied seeing he was answering the question asked.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.