iUmair

K1 Visa APPROVED!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Our K1 visa was approved! YAY! Just have to wait for the passport and visa! Here is our account below. I've reposted this story after confirming all information with my fiance:

I am retelling my fiancé’s experience at the Islamabad Embassy from November 17, 2011 :dance: :

Experience at embassy was quick and easy. My fiancé arrived at the embassy around 7 am, and took the embassy bus for 500 rupees to where she would be giving her interview. After getting off the bus, she went through scanning. She showed all of her documentation and interview letter, and was asked to wait until called.

After about 30 minutes, my fiancé was brought in to do her fingerprints. During the fingerprinting, she had a general conversation with a black female working there. After my fiancé completed her fingerprinting, she was asked to sit once more, and wait for further instruction.

After another 30 minutes, my fiancé was asked to approach window #6, where she gave the medical report to a Pakistani woman sitting on the other side of the window. She were very nice and asked her to sign the DS 156 form as well as write out my (the petitioner) name, and confirmed my fiancés phone number and gave her a token which she has to show to the American express for getting the visa and passport within a few days. Then she moved to the window #5 to pay the interview fee of $350 and waited for another half hour. Then my fiancé asked to go to the window #8 to be interviewed by a male CO. She asked to have the interview in Urdu. However, the interviewer wasn't very fluent in Urdu, and my fiancé actually chuckled when he began talking. My fiancé then asked him to continue the questions in English, and here were some of the questions asked.

1. What is your fiancé’s job?

(Program Coordinator with a non-profit organization called buildOn)

2. Can you explain his job further?

(He works with students, inspiring them to engage in community service :wow: )

3. What the name of the college of your fiancé?

(Brooklyn College)

4. How you people communicate?

(Through Magic jack, gmail chat, phone calls, sometimes skype and text messaging... :yes: I have all the proofs of call history as well... :thumbs: ), but the CO didn’t ask for any proof.

5. Have you ever been to the US?

(No, I've never been outside of Pakistan)

6. When are you planning on getting married?

(InshaALLAH December or January)

7. Have you ever been arrested?

( :lol: No, :no: NEVER!)

8. Have you ever been inside a courthouse?

(No)

9. How long have you been living at your current address?

(All my life)

10. Is this an arranged marriage?

Yes, our grand parents have arranged this when we were children.

11. Have you any relatives in US?

(No)

12. When did you last speak with your fiancé?

(Right before entering into the embassy)

Throughout the entire process, the male CO was typing away at his computer. Finally, the male CO said, "You will be getting a call within two weeks from the American Express office in Lahore to come pick up your passport with the visa inside it. Thank you very much and Good Luck... :) "

My fiancé went into the embassy around 7am. She exited the embassy by 10am. She spent roughly 3 hours in the embassy. Her experience was great, and we both feel relieved!

Thanks to ALLAH for all the Blessings... :D :D :D

"When you think outside the box, you end up owning everything inside the box."

Congrats for both of you, guys.kicking.gif

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Our K1 visa was approved! YAY! Just have to wait for the passport and visa! Here is our account below. I've reposted this story after confirming all information with my fiance:

I am retelling my fiancé’s experience at the Islamabad Embassy from November 17, 2011 :dance: :

Experience at embassy was quick and easy. My fiancé arrived at the embassy around 7 am, and took the embassy bus for 500 rupees to where she would be giving her interview. After getting off the bus, she went through scanning. She showed all of her documentation and interview letter, and was asked to wait until called.

After about 30 minutes, my fiancé was brought in to do her fingerprints. During the fingerprinting, she had a general conversation with a black female working there. After my fiancé completed her fingerprinting, she was asked to sit once more, and wait for further instruction.

After another 30 minutes, my fiancé was asked to approach window #6, where she gave the medical report to a Pakistani woman sitting on the other side of the window. She were very nice and asked her to sign the DS 156 form as well as write out my (the petitioner) name, and confirmed my fiancés phone number and gave her a token which she has to show to the American express for getting the visa and passport within a few days. Then she moved to the window #5 to pay the interview fee of $350 and waited for another half hour. Then my fiancé asked to go to the window #8 to be interviewed by a male CO. She asked to have the interview in Urdu. However, the interviewer wasn't very fluent in Urdu, and my fiancé actually chuckled when he began talking. My fiancé then asked him to continue the questions in English, and here were some of the questions asked.

1. What is your fiancé’s job?

(Program Coordinator with a non-profit organization called buildOn)

2. Can you explain his job further?

(He works with students, inspiring them to engage in community service :wow: )

3. What the name of the college of your fiancé?

(Brooklyn College)

4. How you people communicate?

(Through Magic jack, gmail chat, phone calls, sometimes skype and text messaging... :yes: I have all the proofs of call history as well... :thumbs: ), but the CO didn’t ask for any proof.

5. Have you ever been to the US?

(No, I've never been outside of Pakistan)

6. When are you planning on getting married?

(InshaALLAH December or January)

7. Have you ever been arrested?

( :lol: No, :no: NEVER!)

8. Have you ever been inside a courthouse?

(No)

9. How long have you been living at your current address?

(All my life)

10. Is this an arranged marriage?

Yes, our grand parents have arranged this when we were children.

11. Have you any relatives in US?

(No)

12. When did you last speak with your fiancé?

(Right before entering into the embassy)

Throughout the entire process, the male CO was typing away at his computer. Finally, the male CO said, "You will be getting a call within two weeks from the American Express office in Lahore to come pick up your passport with the visa inside it. Thank you very much and Good Luck... :) "

My fiancé went into the embassy around 7am. She exited the embassy by 10am. She spent roughly 3 hours in the embassy. Her experience was great, and we both feel relieved!

Thanks to ALLAH for all the Blessings... :D :D :D

Congratulations :)

USCIS STAGE

8/22/2011: NOA1 EMAIL(never received a hardcopy nor txt)

3/23/2012: NOA2 EMAIL!!!! :D

3/28/2012: NOA2 HARDCOPY

NVC STAGE

4/09/2012: NVC Recieved

4/24/2012: Got NVC Case# and Invoice ID#

4/25/2012: Sent DS-3032 email and Paid AOS fee

4/26/2012: AOS fee showed "paid"

5/2/2012: Sent AOS Package and NVC accepted DS-3032 email

5/4/2012: Received and Paid IV fee

5/7/2012: Sent IV Package

5/14/2012: Case Complete at NVC!

6/6/2012: NVC Left!!

Beirut Lebanon Consulate

7/11/2012: Interview!!

Result: My husband is put in Administrative processing :(

8/17/2012: Embassy called my husband to bring the pasport for the visa!! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks all!

You know what's surprising? The CO didn't ask her for the Affidavit of Support (I-134). All she did was sign the DS 156, and that's it. No I-134, no letter of intent, nothing, nada, zip. :thumbs:

"When you think outside the box, you end up owning everything inside the box."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.