incanada1234

HELP!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I just called the NVC and they received all our documents for case completion. However, apparently we sent in the wrong marriage certificate. We were married in Ontario and the certificate we received the day we were married is the one we sent it. The guy at the NVC told me we need one from the registrar something-or-other. What is this?? Where can I get it and does anyone know how long it will take??

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif

"In our attempt to make everybody happy, we make nobody happy. And we lose elections." - Democratic activist Janice Griffin

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

How do you register a marriage in Ontario?

After the marriage, the marrying couple may receive a Record of Solemnization of Marriage.

This document includes the couple´s names, the date of the marriage, the names of the witnesses and whether the marriage was performed under the authority of a licence or the publication of banns. This is not a legal record.

The person who performed the marriage must forward the Record of Solemnization of Marriage and the marriage licence to the Office of the Registrar General for registration.

Note: The marriage must be registered before you may apply for a marriage certificate. See Service Times.

http://www.cbs.gov.on.ca/mcbs/english/marriages_register.htm

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

This is Ontario, not necesarily known for their speediness. However, they've recently made receiving long form birth certificates much quicker. See if you can expedite your request.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

i had seen a post here under canada forums some1 had involved an MP and got it in 2 weeks..

the registrars office is in Thunder bay... i think u can walk and be back in 8 weeks

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: Timeline

LOL I have a 1-800 number here to call and ask where the nearest location is (probably Toronto). We will definitely involve the MP if we have to, just as we did with the long form birth certificate. Lovely, lovely Ontario.

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif

"In our attempt to make everybody happy, we make nobody happy. And we lose elections." - Democratic activist Janice Griffin

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
LOL I have a 1-800 number here to call and ask where the nearest location is (probably Toronto). We will definitely involve the MP if we have to, just as we did with the long form birth certificate. Lovely, lovely Ontario.

I responded in your other post...

Like the long form BC.. if you want it on the spot, the only place you can do this in all of Ontario is at the Toronto Office. Otherwise, you can fax your form with a letter requesting the expedited service due to it being asked for by the NVC. You'll have to include their letter asking for it. But if you fax all of that in, it usually only takes about a week or two.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Timeline

approveme, If you go to Toronto you can get it next day or in 2 days, I can't remember.

Basically you go down to the offices early. Super early, like an hour or so before they open. Sorry, I can't remember what time that is either. :o Anyhow, they take about 200 people a day, they process your application and you pay double I think, and then go back in a day or so to pick it up.

Other option is to go through the feared Thunder Bay. Someone said ordering stuff online is faster, so you might try that.

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT

Someone said ordering stuff online is faster, so you might try that.

For birth cert but they don't do marriage certificates.

Married 12-30-05

Started our visa journey Jan 06.

01-06 - I-130, K3 shortly after

04-06 - switched to Canada Immigration

07-06 - Moved to Canada (PR almost complete)

07-06 - Changed again, back to US imm.

09-06 - Landed as Canadian PR

10-06 - DCF Toronto, Approved in 1.5 hrs!

11-06 - Interview Montreal (success!)

I-130

10-05-06 DCF in Toronto - Approved

10-19-06 Packet 3 received & sent back

10-20-06 Montreal receives P3

11-03-06 Packet 4 received

11-06-06 Medical

11-22-06 Interview / Visa approved

11-26-06 heading home, 6 day drive, my oh my

HOME SWEET HOME

10.24.08 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

Delivered at 9:03 AM on October 25, 2008

10.29.08 NOA1

10.30.08 Check cashed

12.06.08 Biometrics Appt.

12.19.08 Received new Drivers License extended to 2011

03.12.09 Received CONGRATULATIONS letter - Card on the way!!

03.20.09 Received his SHINY new card. WOO HOOOOOOO

YAY!! We can take a break from this madness until Citizenship.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.