Mitexi

Information Setup?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I am in the final stages of completing my I-129F packet to send off for approval. I've read the assembly tips and all other useful information here on VJ and it has been incredibly helpful. However, I have a question about what to write at the top of some of the evidence.

I have a bunch of photocopies of ticket stubs, passport visa stamps, itineraries, etc. I read that you should sign and date each one of these. And also to write what they are/whose they are at the top. What is the best way to do this?

For example, say I have photocopies of visa stamps from my passport. Would I write something like this at the top of every page:

Proof of Having Met in the Past 2 Years

Passport visa stamp - Petitioner

sign/date here

*photocopy of stamp*

Does it matter where I sign on the page? Is it better for it to be at the top? And do I even need to list out the information like that? I can see maybe having the "proof of having met" part so it matches up with my cover letter, but do I need to explain exactly what it is?

Also, since my fiance's handwriting is atrocious, I will be writing the info on his photocopy things. He's just signing and dating everything. But he's worried if I'm writing the information and he's signing it, it will look like two different handwritings. Do we really need to worry about that?

K-1 Timeline:

12-09-2011 --- I-129F Sent

12-15-2011 --- NOA1 ------------------------------ 6 days

06-01-2012 --- NOA2 --------------------------- 169 days

06-29-2012 --- NVC Received ----------------- 28 days

07-06-2012 --- NVC Left --------------------------- 7 days

07-09-2012 --- Consulate Received ----------- 3 days

07-11-2012 --- Packet 3 Received ------------- 2 days

07-23-2012 --- Packet 3 Sent ------------------ 12 days

07-31-2012 --- Packet 4 Received ------------- 8 days

08-07-2012 --- Interview Date ------------------- 7 days from P4 - Approved!

08-09-2012 --- Visa in Hand -------------------- 2 days

08-29-2012 --- POE (LAX)

** Total Time From NOA1 to Visa In Hand: 7 Months, 3 Weeks, 4 Days - (236 days)

* For more detailed info, check the "About Me" section of my profile.

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

I am in the final stages of completing my I-129F packet to send off for approval. I've read the assembly tips and all other useful information here on VJ and it has been incredibly helpful. However, I have a question about what to write at the top of some of the evidence.

I have a bunch of photocopies of ticket stubs, passport visa stamps, itineraries, etc. I read that you should sign and date each one of these. And also to write what they are/whose they are at the top. What is the best way to do this?

For example, say I have photocopies of visa stamps from my passport. Would I write something like this at the top of every page:

Does it matter where I sign on the page? Is it better for it to be at the top? And do I even need to list out the information like that? I can see maybe having the "proof of having met" part so it matches up with my cover letter, but do I need to explain exactly what it is?

Also, since my fiance's handwriting is atrocious, I will be writing the info on his photocopy things. He's just signing and dating everything. But he's worried if I'm writing the information and he's signing it, it will look like two different handwritings. Do we really need to worry about that?

You don't need to sign each page. Just attach your proof of having met ONCE in the last 2 years and send the petition in.

You'll provide detailed information regarding ONGOING proof of relationship at the interview.

All USCIS cares about to approve your petition is that you and your fiance have physically met 1 time in the prior 2 years.

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yeah you don't have to sign anything and the proof of having met is what is important at this stage. All the other stuff you mentioned is secondary right now and can be used at interview. Don't overload your petition too much 5-8 photos and your passport copies and boarding passes, your itineraries are not really important as anyone can have an itinerary filled in and never use it so kind of pointless. You only need to date and place of where pics were taken and your signature on them.

Edited by Barbara J

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Alright, thank you. Most of what I have is for the last trip I took there from July to October. Since that is the important one, I was including both entry and exit stamps from Australia in my passport, the plane tickets, and a few photos. If the itinerary isn't important, I won't include that. And since I rode on the plane with my fiance on the way over there, we were including his tickets/stamps as well to show we were together.

Just to be sure, I don't need to label anything, right (besides the back of the photos)? The names on the tickets and things should show who they belong to. And I was going to paperclip our passport stamps/bio pages separately from each other.

K-1 Timeline:

12-09-2011 --- I-129F Sent

12-15-2011 --- NOA1 ------------------------------ 6 days

06-01-2012 --- NOA2 --------------------------- 169 days

06-29-2012 --- NVC Received ----------------- 28 days

07-06-2012 --- NVC Left --------------------------- 7 days

07-09-2012 --- Consulate Received ----------- 3 days

07-11-2012 --- Packet 3 Received ------------- 2 days

07-23-2012 --- Packet 3 Sent ------------------ 12 days

07-31-2012 --- Packet 4 Received ------------- 8 days

08-07-2012 --- Interview Date ------------------- 7 days from P4 - Approved!

08-09-2012 --- Visa in Hand -------------------- 2 days

08-29-2012 --- POE (LAX)

** Total Time From NOA1 to Visa In Hand: 7 Months, 3 Weeks, 4 Days - (236 days)

* For more detailed info, check the "About Me" section of my profile.

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Alright, thank you. Most of what I have is for the last trip I took there from July to October. Since that is the important one, I was including both entry and exit stamps from Australia in my passport, the plane tickets, and a few photos. If the itinerary isn't important, I won't include that. And since I rode on the plane with my fiance on the way over there, we were including his tickets/stamps as well to show we were together.

Just to be sure, I don't need to label anything, right (besides the back of the photos)? The names on the tickets and things should show who they belong to. And I was going to paperclip our passport stamps/bio pages separately from each other.

Passport is important with entry/exit stamps. Include this. Plane tickets are not - don't prove anything. Boarding passes are important - they prove you actually took the flight - Include these. Itinerary is not - proves nothing. Photos are secondary proof of having met - include a couple.

Really, this is all you need at this stage because all you need prove is that you met once in the last 2 years.

Save th rest of the fluff for the interview.

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yeah Mitexi you are good to go. Paperclip everything as it is all going to be pulled apart once they receive it. NO labeling you're right. As said before your boarding passes more more proof than the tickets.What you have sounds great.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.