Mitternacht

i-134 question

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

i started working in september, after my education was completed. i'm working in construction, making 10 dollars an hour. but, because of the current weather in my area, working has been cut down to anywhere from 15 to 30 hours. with these hours, i do not make anywhere near what i need to make for the i-134. but in the spring and summer, i make more than enough to support myself and my fiancee. but i won't have evidence of that, since i started working so late into the year. when i file for taxes, it'll only show my lessened hours.

would the fact that i have next to *no* expenses appeal to the CO at all? i literally have nothing but personal expenses (entertainment, fast food, etc.) and an unsteady income

can i explain this to the CO through a cover letter? would there be any point in explaining this at all?

Edited by Trapped In Limbo

i started working in september, after my education was completed. i'm working in construction, making 10 dollars an hour. but, because of the current weather in my area, working has been cut down to anywhere from 15 to 30 hours. with these hours, i do not make anywhere near what i need to make for the i-134. but in the spring and summer, i make more than enough to support myself and my fiancee. but i won't have evidence of that, since i started working so late into the year. when i file for taxes, it'll only show my lessened hours.

would the fact that i have next to *no* expenses appeal to the CO at all? i literally have nothing but personal expenses (entertainment, fast food, etc.) and an unsteady income

can i explain this to the CO through a cover letter? would there be any point in explaining this at all?

You will need a co-sponsor. The CO will not care whether you have expenses or not. There are guidelines that need to be followed, and the CO will not go around it. So find a co-sponsor.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Your expenses could be three times what you make and it would make no difference. They do not look at expenses because this is not about if you can support your fiancee, they do not care if you can support your fiancee. They ONLY care that if your fiancee collects welfare they can get the money back from you. The government does not stand in line behind anyone else so they do not care what your expenses are. If you owe them money they will confiscate it from your income before you ever see it.

That said.

It is not so important what you make this year, it will be important what you are earning at the time opf the interview. I am in construction also and have been for 35+ years. In Vermont, which means winter cuts down on our work. So I know the drill. Incidentlaly you will get unemployment durinmg those periods and that also counts as income provided it is not your ONLY income.

I would gladly write a letter for a carpenter stating he makes $36,000 per year (for example) based on his hourly wage and his projected hours. Hey, if he is laid off how am I supposed to know that in advance? Besides pur guys wor way over the normal hours in the summer so in the year it all works out. There would be nothing fraudulent about it. The government will not give you credit for a promised job nor will they take away for possible future seasonal layoffs.

The I-134 requires you present evidence of your income. An employer letter stating your annual income (based on wage x projected hours) would be your best bet. Attach the most recent tax return and an explanation of your lower income for 2011. Your employment letter should state the day you started, your current position and your current annual income. If you are projected to get overtime that can be included also. You may also attach a few recent check stubs at that time if it helps you.

You will need a co-sponsor. The CO will not care whether you have expenses or not. There are guidelines that need to be followed, and the CO will not go around it. So find a co-sponsor.

A co=sponsor is not a bad idea depending on when your interview is. If it will soon and you are on reduced hours and cannot get a employment letter, then yes, get a co-sponsor

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.