13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please i would like someone here to advise me on what to do, The expiring date on my conditional permanent residence is 03/21/2012. But i came to the US on 07/21/2010 using K1 visa. I think the expiring date on my conditions should be 07/12/2012 instead of 03/21/2012, i just noticed it today. Do i need to notify USCIS about it, i dont know if it is an error from their side or is it correct. Should i file to removing the conditions based on 03/21/2012 as it was stated in my card ?.

Your answers will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Timeline

Please i would like someone here to advise me on what to do, The expiring date on my conditional permanent residence is 03/21/2012. But i came to the US on 07/21/2010 using K1 visa. I think the expiring date on my conditions should be 07/21/2012 instead of 03/21/2012, i just noticed it today. Do i need to notify USCIS about it, i dont know if it is an error from their side or is it correct. Should i file to removing the conditions based on 03/21/2012 as it was stated in my card ?.

Thanks

You may want to do an Infopass and ask about this. Do you have any notices from when you were approved for residency?

Edited by milimelo

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Please i would like someone here to advise me on what to do, The expiring date on my conditional permanent residence is 03/21/2012. But i came to the US on 07/21/2010 using K1 visa. I think the expiring date on my conditions should be 07/21/2012 instead of 03/21/2012, i just noticed it today. Do i need to notify USCIS about it, i dont know if it is an error from their side or is it correct. Should i file to removing the conditions based on 03/21/2012 as it was stated in my card ?.

Thanks

Your card is VERY wrong. Your entry date on the K1 is irrelevant. The date you got your GC IS relevant. You have not completed your timeline so I can't offer specific help. What is the "resident since" date on the GC? When was your GC approved?

You should be removing conditions 2 years from being an LPR. Assuming you got your GC in 3 months exactly from your date of entry (which is doubtful) then your "resident since" date would be October 2010 and your GC would expire October 2012.

In other words YES your card is wrong and YES you need to make an INFOPASS.

Timeline

Your card is VERY wrong. Your entry date on the K1 is irrelevant. The date you got your GC IS relevant. You have not completed your timeline so I can't offer specific help. What is the "resident since" date on the GC? When was your GC approved?

You should be removing conditions 2 years from being an LPR. Assuming you got your GC in 3 months exactly from your date of entry (which is doubtful) then your "resident since" date would be October 2010 and your GC would expire October 2012.

In other words YES your card is wrong and YES you need to make an INFOPASS.

The ''resident since'' on the card is 03/21/2010 and to be expired on 03/21/2012 as it was stated in my GC. Where i am confused is that i came to the US on 07/21/2010 and filed for AOS on 09/27/2010 . The notice date of the welcome letter stated 03/21/2011.

Timeline

The ''resident since'' on the card is 03/21/2010 and to be expired on 03/21/2012 as it was stated in my GC. Where i am confused is that i came to the US on 07/21/2010 and filed for AOS on 09/27/2010 . The notice date of the welcome letter stated 03/21/2011.

AAhhh okok. Yep there's a typo on your card. You need to make an infopass. Take the welcome letter to show the date on it. OR you can just file the I-90 to get a replacement card, make sure you send the welcome notice.

Your card won't expire until 3/21/2013... your ACTUAL card (once it's fixed) that is. Your 90 day window opens in Jan 2013. Not for a LONG time.

:time:

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

AAhhh okok. Yep there's a typo on your card. You need to make an infopass. Take the welcome letter to show the date on it. OR you can just file the I-90 to get a replacement card, make sure you send the welcome notice.

Your card won't expire until 3/21/2013... your ACTUAL card (once it's fixed) that is. Your 90 day window opens in Jan 2013. Not for a LONG time.

:time:

Thanks for your advice, I found out that filing form I-90 for replacing new permanent residence card due to incorrect data error caused by the USCIS will require me to pay a filing fee of $485.00 which i dont have. What is another suggestion do i need to take to get this information across to them or will i file during the expiring date on my current card as 03/21/2012, Please advise

Timeline

Thanks for your advice, I found out that filing form I-90 for replacing new permanent residence card due to incorrect data error caused by the USCIS will require me to pay a filing fee of $485.00 which i dont have. What is another suggestion do i need to take to get this information across to them or will i file during the expiring date on my current card as 03/21/2012, Please advise

No it doesn't cost anything. Please read the form instructions which CLEARLY state there is no fee if USCIS error. This is clearly their mistake.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Please i would like someone here to advise me on what to do, The expiring date on my conditional permanent residence is 03/21/2012. But i came to the US on 07/21/2010 using K1 visa. I think the expiring date on my conditions should be 07/12/2012 instead of 03/21/2012, i just noticed it today. Do i need to notify USCIS about it, i dont know if it is an error from their side or is it correct. Should i file to removing the conditions based on 03/21/2012 as it was stated in my card ?.

Thanks

The expiration of your Green card has nothing whatever to do with when you arrived. It has to do with when the green card was approved.

It should expire 2 years from when it was issued. When was it issued?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My resident since date on my current card is 03/21/2010. But i am confused in sense that i came to the US on 07/21/2010.

When did you really apply for AOS? It sounds to me that the card is dated 1 year too early.

If so, it is an error on their part and you need to get it corrected by mmaking an infopass appointment at your local office, going there and showing them the card and your application file )a COPY of your application file) showing all dates in the process (NOA1, biometrics, etc.) Plus copies of your arrival record (passport stamps and I-94)

They will see the error and make you a new card with the proper date.

DO NOT attempt to do this over the phone. YOu cannot file for removal of conditions early because of a typographical error

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.