lgg

Fellow Canadian VJers removing Conditions..

407 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Early Bio was successful!! Yay!! 12/05 instead of 12/24. I guess they'll be happy to not be as busy on Christmas Eve lol.

Hi! I hope you don't mind me asking you a question. My biometrics appt is scheduled for Dec 19th but my hubby & I will be gone on a cruise during that time (which was booked way back in Sept). Was it difficult to change your bio appt and what did you do to change it? Thank you for any information you can pass along, very appreciated.

I didn't change anything, i just showed up early(8am) even if it wasn't my appointment day, showed proof of my travel arrangements, and they had to fit me in. Just print proof of your cruise, and your bio app letter and they'll let you in!

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Yeah that will work! Dec 31st?? My original appointment was dec 24th lol. They don't get any breaks or what???

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Biometrics done today :) They verified my married name took photo and fingerprints and was done. It was suggested to photo copy my extension paper just in case with travel it gets lost. So now the wait with our familiar group :)

Biometrics done today :) They verified my married name took photo and fingerprints and was done. It was suggested to photo copy my extension paper just in case with travel it gets lost. So now the wait with our familiar group :)

Good stuff !! Congrats. Yup now the waiting. I made a few copies of the extension letter. I keep one in my wallet with the green card given that the g/c is expired. Plus I have an extra one or two copies just in case. Looks like the May crew is starting to get approved. Been a while, hope you are well !

2007 Nov 30: Met in Las Vegas, Nevada

2009 Jul 13: Proposed/Engaged in Sedona, Arizona

2009 Dec 26: Married in Tucson, Arizona

USCIS

2009 Dec 30: Filed I-130

2010 Jan 02: I-130 delivered

2010 Jan 07: NOA1 - email - CSC

2010 Jan 11: Received NOA1 hardcopy

2010 Mar 24: NOA2 - email & text - NVC

2010 Mar 29: Received NOA2 hardcopy

I-130 was approved in 76 days from NOA1 date

NVC

2010 Mar 30: NVC received - case# assigned - emails given to NVC

2010 Mar 30: Opted in - DS3032 emailed to NVC

2010 Mar 31: Received AOS bill & DS3032 - paid AOS

2010 Apr 05: Online payment portal confirms paid AOS(Apr 2 processing date)

2010 Apr 05: Sent I-864 package

2010 Apr 15: EP confirmation email

2010 Apr 15: IV bill generated & paid

2010 Apr 15: Email confirmation - receipt of DS3032

2010 Apr 16: IV bill confirmed paid - sent DS230 package

2010 Apr 19: NVC operator confirms I864 & DS230 documents have been received

2010 Apr 21: AVR confirms all documents received Apr 19th

2010 Apr 23: Email from NVC: case complete - confirmed by NVC - sign in fail

Completed in 24 days

CONSULATE

2010 May 27: Email from NVC - consulate received file - interview Montreal Jul 27th

2010 Jun 16: Medical @ Woking Medical Centre, Vancouver, Canada - APPROVED

2010 Jul 27: Interview @ US Consulate in Montreal, Canada - APPROVED

Your interview took 201 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

2010 Aug 13:POE Washington - APPROVED

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

2012 May 14 - mailed I-751

2012 May 16 - delivered @ CSC

2012 Jun 18 - I 551 stamp

2012 Jun 28 - biometrics appointment NOA notice date Jun 7

2012 Dec 20 - approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Now I have to say that getting tax transcripts and 3 different affidavits from a friend, coworker, and pastor probably made a difference for us. My DH just got his letter saying his 10 year green card was approved. It has probably been sitting in our "junk" mail box for a couple days. Crazy plain looking envelope and plane paper with no letter head specialness to speak of. We got approved on 12/10/12 after sending our information in on 7/31/12. We weren't expecting anything until March or April. We are definitely going to do the Naturalization next summer once we have been married 3 years because I want to be done with ever having to pay USCIS any money. This approval was a great Christmas present!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Now I have to say that getting tax transcripts and 3 different affidavits from a friend, coworker, and pastor probably made a difference for us. My DH just got his letter saying his 10 year green card was approved. It has probably been sitting in our "junk" mail box for a couple days. Crazy plain looking envelope and plane paper with no letter head specialness to speak of. We got approved on 12/10/12 after sending our information in on 7/31/12. We weren't expecting anything until March or April. We are definitely going to do the Naturalization next summer once we have been married 3 years because I want to be done with ever having to pay USCIS any money. This approval was a great Christmas present!

Congratulations! Quick process, gives me hope! :) Congratulations again on the very nice Xmas present!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Timeline

Yeah, ROC went awhole lot faster than I had expected. Another person from the July 2012 filers got an RFE so maybe we were all on the same desk of someone who was processing applications a bit faster than everyone else. I am excited about starting Naturalization for my DH this next summer once we have been married 3 years.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, ROC went awhole lot faster than I had expected. Another person from the July 2012 filers got an RFE so maybe we were all on the same desk of someone who was processing applications a bit faster than everyone else. I am excited about starting Naturalization for my DH this next summer once we have been married 3 years.

Same here, as soon as that 3 year mark comes up, I'm applying!

Congrats again!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

I got a letter yesterday that I will have to have my biometrics redone as the FBI couldn't read my fingerprints ... new appt for Jan 8th 2013. Frustrating I thought I was done with that!crying.gif

Good stuff !! Congrats. Yup now the waiting. I made a few copies of the extension letter. I keep one in my wallet with the green card given that the g/c is expired. Plus I have an extra one or two copies just in case. Looks like the May crew is starting to get approved. Been a while, hope you are well !

Thanks I hope your liking your job and enjoying life with your new family :) I am loving the weather here! My kids visit fairly frequently which is nice, if I'd moved to Toronto that wouldn't happen too often .

Your 10 year card should arrive soon by the looks of it!

Timeline

I got a letter yesterday that I will have to have my biometrics redone as the FBI couldn't read my fingerprints ... new appt for Jan 8th 2013. Frustrating I thought I was done with that!crying.gif

Bummer, but at least it means they are looking at your file rather than letting it collect dust somewhere. Good luck at your new biometrics appointment.

Past 7 months processing now... Getting pretty anxious and annoyed. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get an RFE, so I wish they'd just get on with it... :(

I have to move in 2 weeks also, and was really expecting to have this done by then, but now that's doubtful. I'm sure things will be lost in the mail.

Edited by ashenflowers

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.