lgg

Fellow Canadian VJers removing Conditions..

407 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

An I-551 is a Green card. I Googled it :thumbs:

You aren't renewing your green card, you are filling to remove conditions on your residency which gets you a 10 year card. When that expires in 10 years if you choose not to become a US citizen, then you would file an I-90 to renew your card.

Oh, derp. I should have remembered that.

Oh well. Despite it being classified internally by USCIS as a "Form", you can't fill one out or file one with USCIS. So the general point stands. :)

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh, derp. I should have remembered that.

Oh well. Despite it being classified internally by USCIS as a "Form", you can't fill one out or file one with USCIS. So the general point stands. :)

Correct, just like an NOA is actually a form i-797, which is internal, the i-551 is also internal and used for their (uscis) forms..not the fill able kind used by us :)

HWDWm6.png

Hey peeps!

For the record, I filed in December of 2011, and am STILL waiting for my 10-year GC. I finally called USCIS a couple of weeks ago to see what's up, and they put a query on my account. The next day I received an email from USCIS telling me that I'll have a response within 60 days. The wait isn't "bad," per se, considering that I'm currently living happily and legally with my spouse in this country...but it's certainly annoying to see that people who filed two or three months after me have already been approved while I'm still waiting! It's great for them, obviously, but it makes me wonder what causes one case to be approved in eight months and another to be approved in eleven. Weird!

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Got an RFE for removal of conditions (I'm in VSC with March Filers)

Mainly, i think it's due to incomplete documents, like pages missing from a bank statement (and not spanning entire period of marriage).

So I have to go kill some trees now oops8rh.gif

Got an RFE for removal of conditions (I'm in VSC with March Filers)

Mainly, i think it's due to incomplete documents, like pages missing from a bank statement (and not spanning entire period of marriage).

So I have to go kill some trees now oops8rh.gif

Do you think i should have sent bank statements for the entire time of marriage? I only sent the last month.. But i think i already sent it with my green card application 2 years ago, they don't really need the 2 years period?

I just got NOA1 with VSC, 11-20-2012 :)

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone! I filed back in February 2012, and I was approved on November 21, 2012 with no RFE or interview. I can apply for citizenship in April 2013. Hoping you all hear something soon! I'm glad this journey is now over.

Married - February 25, 2009

Filed I-130 - March 3, 2009

Interview& Approval - March 26, 2010

POE'd - April 6, 2010

Filed I-751 - February 13, 2012

Approved - November 21, 2012

as1cERN0g410010MDAwMTQwOGx8MDA5Njk4c3xXZSBoYXZlIGJlZW4gbWFycmllZCBmb3I.gif

Congrats Bern

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

Congrats Bern!

What evidence did you send with you ROC?

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats Bern!

What evidence did you send with you ROC?

Thank you everyone.

For evidence I sent;

Photographs, a copy of our sons birth certificate, tax returns from 09-11, joint apartment lease, copy of joint mortgage, joint home owners, auto insurance, copy of joint bank account and credit cards, photocopies of our licenses showing the same address, copy of joint vehicle registration :)

Married - February 25, 2009

Filed I-130 - March 3, 2009

Interview& Approval - March 26, 2010

POE'd - April 6, 2010

Filed I-751 - February 13, 2012

Approved - November 21, 2012

as1cERN0g410010MDAwMTQwOGx8MDA5Njk4c3xXZSBoYXZlIGJlZW4gbWFycmllZCBmb3I.gif

Hello All,

I'm gonna be sending my package in very soon, but I got a quick question of what ya'll have done before we do.

For the bank statements, bills of any kind, should we make copies of each and every page or would the first page be good enough since everything they need to know is on that one page?

Right now I just have the first pages to everything, seems like a waste of paper to make copies of useless pages, but I guess i'll do it if I "Have" too..hehe

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

If it's written for example, page 1 of 4, on the documents, i would send all of them. If it doesn't say that, i guess just the first page is fine! But this is just my opinion i don't know what's best for sure :)

event.png

I sent in 6 statements with the first and last page. They were random months from the beginning of arrival in the US to present. I didn't want to copy everything and felt with the other supporting evidence it would be enough. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.