jl#1

When will we get an interview

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

They will send emails to let people know whne the interview will occur I am sure.

I talk to people in Thailand several days per week & as you may know the floods are subsiding. The impact seems to have been on the Thai peoples daily lives more than on the functions of things like the embassies. Travel around Thailand became more difficult & things like that but life went on.

I feel badly for you that it has been a year. I was lucky to have my husband right there most of the time during my case. I hope the time goes by quickly for you so you can be together. It seems like someone else has control of your life right now I know.

That's good. Hopefully they send an e-mail to the both of us, but as long as May gets one, that's ok too. Yes, I should've said that the waters were subsiding. That's good for sure. Hopefully the longer term affects won't be bad for the people in those areas.

It's amazing that it's been a year now. I've wanted to go and see her a couple times, but she understands I have a mortgage and am still fixing up and furnishing my new house. Plus she knows she won't be working right away too, so she's being smart...and stubborn. :) Still. Yes, you were lucky to have your husband with you most of the time. I wish I could've done that. Someone and somethings surely have control of our lives, but it'll all work out.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

They are scheduling December now Thank god just got the Email today. I am not sure bu we began in Sept. of last year and we are now getting a chance at the Dredded Window 5. Ning can you give us some ideas of what we need to bring.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

They are scheduling December now Thank god just got the Email today. I am not sure bu we began in Sept. of last year and we are now getting a chance at the Dredded Window 5. Ning can you give us some ideas of what we need to bring.

I know you are a marriage visa, and that is much different from K-1, but I see your case left the NVC Oct 18? What types of paperwork do you have to do for the embassy? Also, K-1 cases start with BNK2011, is that the same for other immigrant visas?

I am just curious because you said you got your interview date just now.

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview
Interview date: 12/14/11 APPROVED!
POE: 12/16/11
Total days from NOA1 to K-1 Visa in hand: 202
Wedding Date: 12/27/11

AOS
Sent AOS: 4/21/12
NOA1: 4/30/12
RFE: 5/14/12
Biometrics App.: 5/21/12
Sent RFE Response: 5/31/12
Interview: 7/24/12
Approval: 10/12/12

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

Timeline

At least there is some news & it sounds promising. It also means the impact of the floods didnt hurt the embassies duties too much.

As far as # 5 please dont read too much into what some people may have said about what they do there. This is the common window for these cases. My own experiance at that very window couldnt have gone better. They were very good to work with & made it easy. Keep in mind the cases are really decided before people even get to the window. If there was any great problem you would know before hand. If there is anything missing or not quite right it can be taken care of very quickly. The hard work is done. The questions are easy & nothing to fear. That window is really a view of your future.

Bring? I am blank. To tell you the truth we forgot to pay the visa fee. We had to run across the street, find the P O, pay & run back.

We had something indicating our interview date, passport, Thai I D & thats it I think. They have your name on a list outside the front gate at the table.

Bring a towel to put over your mouth to silence your screems of joy when you walk outside & get a sense its really done. It feel great but you may feel like you still have something to do. You dont but the constant pressure before doesnt just end. Or it didnt for us. My husband felt like we still had one more thing to do! It turned out to be leave for the airport.

Timeline

I know you are a marriage visa, and that is much different from K-1, but I see your case left the NVC Oct 18? What types of paperwork do you have to do for the embassy? Also, K-1 cases start with BNK2011, is that the same for other immigrant visas?

I am just curious because you said you got your interview date just now.

We are getting with the attorney now to start getting things together as it goes I will get that info to you We are fighting this thing until the end.

I am unsure what the code means as this is all new language to me. I think it has to do with the dates we submited the original packet but that is just a guess.

Timeline

We are getting with the attorney now to start getting things together as it goes I will get that info to you We are fighting this thing until the end.

I am unsure what the code means as this is all new language to me. I think it has to do with the dates we submited the original packet but that is just a guess.

Hmm so do K-3 applicants usually go through faster at the embassy stage??

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview

AOS

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

Timeline

Hmm so do K-3 applicants usually go through faster at the embassy stage??

Each case occupies a certian amount of the officers time. All cases are first sent to the consulate section across the street from the embassy in the high rise building. They log the cases in & forward them on to the visa section in the embassy.

The cases are assigned to an officer. That officer has at least one Thai staff member to assist in seeing that all the docs are in the file. They combine anything relevent to the case that has been sent in to make a complete case file. The case is put into the schedual for the intervew.

I am not exactly sure but believe the length of time you ask about would be very close to the same other than some additional docs for a K 3 type case. But we are talking minutes not days.

Nick you are doing fine. Really you are. Its just that you dont have enough info & others are making it harder for you at times. Dont let this get to you too much at this time. Think back to when you needed to know if the case was at NVC. Now its in BKK! There is progress even if you dont feel there is. Keep the faith Nick.

Timeline

Each case occupies a certian amount of the officers time. All cases are first sent to the consulate section across the street from the embassy in the high rise building. They log the cases in & forward them on to the visa section in the embassy.

The cases are assigned to an officer. That officer has at least one Thai staff member to assist in seeing that all the docs are in the file. They combine anything relevent to the case that has been sent in to make a complete case file. The case is put into the schedual for the intervew.

I am not exactly sure but believe the length of time you ask about would be very close to the same other than some additional docs for a K 3 type case. But we are talking minutes not days.

Nick you are doing fine. Really you are. Its just that you dont have enough info & others are making it harder for you at times. Dont let this get to you too much at this time. Think back to when you needed to know if the case was at NVC. Now its in BKK! There is progress even if you dont feel there is. Keep the faith Nick.

I'm just getting discouraged when everyday goes by without anything. It's been more than a month since they got our approved petition + packet 3, and they confirmed to us that they had both on Oct 4th.

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview

AOS

Timeline

I'm just getting discouraged when everyday goes by without anything. It's been more than a month since they got our approved petition + packet 3, and they confirmed to us that they had both on Oct 4th.

Believe me I know how you feel. However I also know that by the time they got your case October was full. November was probably the same keeping in mind the holidays coming at the end of the month. We just saw that one member reported they told him his case would be done in Dec.

To me this means you have a chance of a December date as well. Hopefully that will be the case.

Timeline

Believe me I know how you feel. However I also know that by the time they got your case October was full. November was probably the same keeping in mind the holidays coming at the end of the month. We just saw that one member reported they told him his case would be done in Dec.

To me this means you have a chance of a December date as well. Hopefully that will be the case.

Would it be throughout the month that they would notify us, or only in the beginning? I remember you said immigrant visa officers are only in on mon&wed? Does that mean they would most likely tell us on a mon or wed? i'm going insane here. :lol:

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview

AOS

Timeline

Would it be throughout the month that they would notify us, or only in the beginning? I remember you said immigrant visa officers are only in on mon&wed? Does that mean they would most likely tell us on a mon or wed? i'm going insane here. :lol:

Nick try to calm down some girl. I said they only work on immigration based interviews for visas on those days. They work a full work week of 5 days as far as I know.

I would think they will notify everyone as soon as the schedual is set. You may have had a little too much Ice lately! Or not enough.

Timeline

Nick try to calm down some girl. I said they only work on immigration based interviews for visas on those days. They work a full work week of 5 days as far as I know.

I would think they will notify everyone as soon as the schedual is set. You may have had a little too much Ice lately! Or not enough.

Hahaha maybe I need more Ice! :whistle: But if jl#1 already got notified, doesn't that mean they already made the schedule and we're not in it? Yes I'm having a heart attack here. :crying: And I'm afraid the embassy hates us because we ask too many questions to their email. :wacko:

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview

AOS

Timeline

Hahaha maybe I need more Ice! :whistle: But if jl#1 already got notified, doesn't that mean they already made the schedule and we're not in it? Yes I'm having a heart attack here. :crying: And I'm afraid the embassy hates us because we ask too many questions to their email. :wacko:

I forgot to respond to your fear of reprisal. I doubt the embassy gets upset if people ask a lot about their case. They must get asked a million times by everyone. Probably why they dont always answer.

I dont know the answer to your other question really but dont read too much into what happens to others. They arent going to put you to the back of the line because you asked too many questions. Your date must be coming soon from the others we see.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Are you K-3 or CR-1. Just so everyone knows, NVC schedules interviews for IR-1/CR-1 in Bangkok. The embassy schedules K visa interviews.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

Are you K-3 or CR-1. Just so everyone knows, NVC schedules interviews for IR-1/CR-1 in Bangkok. The embassy schedules K visa interviews.

Well that sucks for me :(

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.