bebero

Question on submitting I-129F Package and proof of relation

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi everyone! I'm an argentine girl and my boyfriend and I want to start the process of a K1 visa.

We're currently living together in Argentina, but he's moving back to the States next month and I'm hoping to join as soon as I get my k1.

My first question is: can he submit the I-129F from Argentina to the Dallas service center?

My second question is:

I know that there are guides online (including the forum) on how to assembly the package, but I can't seem to find an official link with this explanation. The USCIS webpage just has the forms but no instructions on pictures or proof of ongoing relation.

Is this possible or am I searching wrong?

And last but not least:

What did you guys use as proof of ongoing relationship?

We have emails, facebook messages and pictures.

Would pictures with family help or is it the same?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

He can send it as long as he has a check for a bank in the USA. If not then he has to wait till he gets home. The funds must come from a USA bank in the USA.

Use the step by step guides on VJ thats all you have. USCIS does not have guides.

Proof on going relations -

lots of pictures from trips/vacations/time with family his and mine.

Passport stamps to prove travel as well as tickets and itinerarys.

Emails/chats/phone call logs.

Snail mail cards and letters and scanned boxes that were sent.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

K1 Argentina

Check that link. There are lots of detailed posts on the k-1 process in Argentina. On the first page you will even find the links to the forms and instructions you will need to assemble for the interview. It is important that you start gathering your documents for the interview right now since it takes time to get some of them.

Also, form I-129 comes with instructions that you can download from the USCIS website. There it explains all that you need to submit together with that form.

K1 VISA

2010-10-13 Richie sent petition

2010-10-22 NOA1

2010-10-29 touched

2011-03-29 NOA2 (e-mail)

2011-04-04 NOA2 (hard copy)

2011-04-06 NVC received

2011-04-12 Consulate received

2011-04-12 Packet 3 Received

2011-04-12 Packet 3 sent to consulate

2011-04-15 Packet 3 received by consulate

2011-04-29 Packet 4 received (e-mail)

2011-05-12 Packet 4 received by mail

2011-05-19 Interview:APPROVED!!!!

2011-05-26 Visa received

2011-05-27 Entry to the USA (POE:Dallas)

2011-07-09 Wedding!!

AOS

2011-07-29 AOS package sent

2011-08-04 NOA 1 (e-mail)

2011-08-11 NOA 1 (hard copy)

2011-08-24 Biometrics

2011-08-29 I-485 transferred to CSC

2011-10-03 EAD and AP Document received!!

2011-10-27 Green Card production ordered!!

2011-10-31 Welcome letter received

2011-11-02 Greencard with incorrect data received

2011-11-05 I-90 submitted

2011-11-18 NOA 1

2011-12-12 Biometrics Appointment letter received

2011-12-21 Biometrics

2012-01-13 Green Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Fiance (USC petitioner) must have residence in USA to file. If he is currently a resident of Argentina he must wait until he returns home to send petition.

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi everyone! I'm an argentine girl and my boyfriend and I want to start the process of a K1 visa.

We're currently living together in Argentina, but he's moving back to the States next month and I'm hoping to join as soon as I get my k1.

My first question is: can he submit the I-129F from Argentina to the Dallas service center?

My second question is:

I know that there are guides online (including the forum) on how to assembly the package, but I can't seem to find an official link with this explanation. The USCIS webpage just has the forms but no instructions on pictures or proof of ongoing relation.

Is this possible or am I searching wrong?

And last but not least:

What did you guys use as proof of ongoing relationship?

We have emails, facebook messages and pictures.

Would pictures with family help or is it the same?

Thanks!

Yes he can submit it from Argentina

Assemble it however you want, just make sure everything gets in the envelope. paper clips are great. When it arrives, USCIS will disassemble it and put it in the order they want. any work you do regarding assembly will be torn apart anyway.

You do not need ANY "proof of relationship" for the I-129f petition. You only need to prove you have met in person at least one time in the last 24 months.

Keep the proof of relationship for the visa interview.

Fiance (USC petitioner) must have residence in USA to file. If he is currently a resident of Argentina he must wait until he returns home to send petition.

True, BUT if he has a residence in the US he can mail it from Argentina. The residence can be parents or relatives.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

He can mail from out of country, send registered and make a (2)copies of everything. An exact duplicate for each of you.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.