PaulnUsa

Best Place To in Manila?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am looking for advice on best place to stay in Manila.

Planning on going back to the Philippines for about Month.

Like some place with comfortable bed and air conditioning.

Like to find out about the nicest places for the money.

Also the most basic but clean budget places.

Where are the better areas to stay in Manila?

My Past Trips I have just Stayed in Cebu Mostly and liked it a lot there in Manila have only stayed near Mega Mall.

If a place has a fitness center is a big plus but not required. Price and comfortable bed and air conditioning is most important.

Maybe you can find a suitable place in Ermita or in Malate so that you can check out the location of the U.S. Embassy, St. Lukes Medical Extension Center, PRISM, and the CFO main office.

Did you decide to take two trips instead of one trip? Has your fiancée made any progress with getting her passport?

Timeline

I was there from end of May through end of June. My son and I stayed at The Malayan Plaza and Discovery suites in the Ortigas Business District. The malayan plaza is a bit cheaper specially if you book ahead online. The malayan plaza the suite rooms are adequate and has all the basic amenities such as fridge, microwave and stove. However the facilities is lacking of maintenance..the AC in the elevator and hallways were off, they only have one bistro which we used for the free breakfast on our first morning. Also they only have wired wifi in the rooms with fee, but you can go to the rec area if you want to use free and wireless access.

Discovery suite is great and I would definitely stay here again when I return, nice rooms, the facilities and staff are all great. The price is decent for what you get.

Both are just next to each other so you can try Malayan plaza first and if you don't like it just transfer to Discovery suites like I did. Checked out and just hauled our luggage next door!

The location was a plus everything was close by, Malls and restso everywhere and all walking distance. But what I really liked was that 7 eleven and starbucks are just a step away. Every morning my son and I would go to 7 11 and get our daily supplies of refreshments and snacks, stop by starbucks on the way back.

Well I picked this area cause it was halfway between my bros place and my Fiancee.

Another hotel I would consider if your really in a budget is Imperial palace suite in QC, I originally wanted to stay there cause it was close to my Fiancee but it was too far from family.

If you really want to go all out and don't mind the crowed Ascott Makati is also great and can't beat the location, we stayed there when we first got there for 4 days. There are many hotels in nice places and decent price just depends on your budget and location preferences.

I suggest you book online it is much cheaper..

Timeline

Yes, you need to post your budget range. I stayed at the Marriot near the airport and it was really, really nice but it is also $ 150 a night too.

I am also interested in staying in a cheaper hotel not too far from the airport but I want to be safe and I might just spring for the extra security at the Marriot and blow the money. :devil:

Check out AsiaRooms.com you can see the hotel rooms, ratings, price and maps of the area. I used them only one time, but had no problems booking or with the hotel.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Timeline

Oh last 3 days, stayed closed to the Airport, we stayed at Microtel INN it's in back of Mall Of Asia. Too bad the weather was real bad due to storm Falcon and did not get a chance to go around, got soaking wet walking back from the MOA cuzz no taxi were available and many did not want to drive with the heavy rain.. This is a good send off hotel, not crowded at all. With the bay just outside your door step it's a nice romantic place to spend the last couple of days together like we did.

Timeline

My fiance and I stayed in Shogun Hotel in Pasay Taft Rotonda for 3mos. For $40 you got fridge, AC, room service, hot n cold shower, free breakfast, bar, warm people and a swimming pool. The outside isn't the best like the 5 star hotels but you'll have more financial flexibility. My fiance loved it so we didn't move to any hotel because no one has the pool on that same amount. If you upgrade then you'll get a better room.

If you want to got the malls, you'll avoid the taxi because that hotel is 3mins walk to the train station for a min of $23c fare vs. taxi wherein you will be probe to coercion, harassment and be stucked on a traffic. Traffic is so bad in Manila so train is the only way to escape from it.

It's 20-30 mins away from the airport too. If you call Shogun, they can arrange free pick up as well.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Timeline

Like to find out about the nicest places for the money.

Also the most basic but clean budget places.

My fiance and I stayed in Shogun Hotel in Pasay Taft Rotonda for 3mos. For $40 you got fridge, AC, room service, hot n cold shower, free breakfast, bar, warm people and a swimming pool. The outside isn't the best like the 5 star hotels but you'll have more financial flexibility. My fiance loved it so we didn't move to any hotel because no one has the pool on that same amount. If you upgrade then you'll get a better room.

If you want to go to the malls, you'll avoid the taxi because that hotel is 3mins walk to the train station for a min of $23c fare vs. taxi wherein you will be probe to coercion, harassment and be stucked on a traffic. Traffic is so bad in Manila so train is the only way to escape from it. The train is linked to all the best malls in Metro Manila, name it. Just don't go in the train if it's rush hour like 5-8pm. Very horrific.

It's 20-30 mins away from the airport too. If you call Shogun, they can arrange free pick up as well.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Makati is a nice area, along Ayala Avenue you'll find lots of restaurants, gourmet cafes, Starbucks and Coffee Bean. Lots of entertainment

along Ayala Avenue in Makati, you'll also find Greenbelt, Rockwell malls in addition to Glorietta and Powerplant malls.

Off of Ayala Avenue is Makati Avenue, lots of hotels located there. A. Venue is a nice boutique hotel, they have a fitness center also.

So in Makati you'll have entertainment, restaurants, cafes, a HardRock Cafe, all the night life you can handle and plenty of shopping.

Address: 7829 Makati Avenue, Antel Lifestyle City, Makati City, Philippines

Tel. Nos. (+632) 403 0865, (+632) 403 0888

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

Maybe you can find a suitable place in Ermita or in Malate so that you can check out the location of the U.S. Embassy, St. Lukes Medical Extension Center, PRISM, and the CFO main office.

Did you decide to take two trips instead of one trip? Has your fiancée made any progress with getting her passport?

OH I didn't realize it's Paul!I'll be damn....

There's this Hotel Soriente 10mins walk from US Embassy and St.Lukes. Same rate as shogun, can take $32/night for the basic amenities. Not sure if they have a pool though...Close to Robinsons Manila-another walk you will be linked to a train station that's link to another train.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you have a lot of money and can't stand the eyesore then go to Ortigas and Makati area. Hotel per night ranges from $100+. Take it from CristiFur :thumbs:

True...

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Yes, you need to post your budget range. I stayed at the Marriot near the airport and it was really, really nice but it is also $ 150 a night too.

I am also interested in staying in a cheaper hotel not too far from the airport but I want to be safe and I might just spring for the extra security at the Marriot and blow the money. :devil:

My wife and I stayed at the Marriot this year on our vacation. Weekends were $200 per night. We got to the hotel at about 4am on a Friday and had to pay $300 for about 30 hours of room rental. We stayed 2 more nights on our way home @ 150 per night rate. So, we ended up saving some money on our flight but payed for it in extra hotel charges.

Kev & Jena

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Timeline

The best bet for me was Tropicana- Apt- Suites Hotel in Malate.I have stayed there many times.its like a timeshare with living room Area and bedroom area.they have A/C hot and cold Shower,/Bath, Fridge Cooking Hot plate with 4 burners and all the utensils you would need including plates and dishes and forks and spoons. they have daily Housekeepers that keep your room spotless including cleaning behind you if you leave dirty dishes.:whistle: Its a few steps to Robinsons Mall and other shops in Malate. the Address is 1630 luis Maria Guerrero st. email address is....www.tropicanasuites.com.ph..... the rates is 40.00 plus for all this. Good deal!:thumbs:

Edited by southcalhog

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

The best bet for me was Tropicana- Apt- Suites Hotel in Malate.I have stayed there many times.its like a timeshare with living room Area and bedroom area.they have A/C hot and cold Shower,/Bath, Fridge Cooking Hot plate with 4 burners and all the utensils you would need including plates and dishes and forks and spoons. they have daily Housekeepers that keep your room spotless including cleaning behind you if you leave dirty dishes.:whistle: Its a few steps to Robinsons Mall and other shops in Malate. the Address is 1630 luis Maria Guerrero st. email address is....www.tropicanasuites.com.ph..... the rates is 40.00 plus for all this. Good deal!:thumbs:

I forgot to add, they also have Olympic Size Pool!!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.