brian and aileen

Need help for Affidavit of Support

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello guys,

Can somebody help me on this question. This is the short story, so he came here last year and visited me for 21 days, last February 2010 since his former company didn't give him a long vacation he quit from his job, but when he came back he worked into different companies and became a permanent employee Last November upto this date. So naturally his derived annual income last year was low, Now from January 2011 up to his date his Year-To-Date income is already sufficient for the 3 of us which is 23+ for the 3 of us, himself, me and our son. my question is what amount am I gonna put on that line, his income last year or his current income but we are still on the month of October and year ends on the month of December. My interview will be on november 28 but he already sent me the affidavit of Suport form and he put blank that line so i can fill up.

Another question is: I have 3 kids from my ex-husband and one son is from my fiance, now we planned and decided that we will not accompany my 3 kids just the youngest one , so is my 3 kids included to be dependents too ? Thanks in advance. I hope somebody can enlighten me on this matter.

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

June 13, 2011 - Application send to USCIS thru Fedex

June 17, 2011 - I-129F Packet received by USCIS Signed for by: JCATES

June 22, 2011 - NOA1 (via email)

Oct. 12, 2011 - NOA2 (on USCIS website)

Nov. 28, 2011 - VISA APPROVED . Thank you Lord!!!

For more Info: Please look at my timeline...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Are you the petitioner or beneficiary?

The petitioner submits the affidavit of support, not the intending immigrant.

Are you pursuing a K1 visa (as your profile indicates) or a spouse visa (where you have posted this question)?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

I am the K1 visa beneficiary, so are having a problem because in Affidavit of support form Question no. 3 where it says " This affidavit is executed in behalf of the following person, then under that it says list your spouse/children accompanying or follow to join in person' we only put our USC child. we don't know if we need to put all the name of my 3 kids and will be calculate to become his dependents. I already paid my visa fee cause we planned that He will get me and will petition the kids later.

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

Timeline

US citizens are not listed in #3 on the I-134.

For income it is the current income annualized, not year to date. For example, if a person earns $100 per week their annual income is $5200.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

so what am I gonna put on that line ? from january up to his last pay stub it is already 26+ so there's still 2 more months to go, he is paid per hour but the amount of his pay stub is not always equals to 40/hours a week cause he always got overtime. so that means i don't need to pt our usc child, so do we need to put the name of the 3 kids. Under question No. 8 "the following person are dependent upon me for support" we put our usc.

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

Timeline

so what am I gonna put on that line ? from january up to his last pay stub it is already 26+ so there's still 2 more months to go, he is paid per hour but the amount of his pay stub is not always equals to 40/hours a week cause he always got overtime. so that means i don't need to pt our usc child, so do we need to put the name of the 3 kids. Under question No. 8 "the following person are dependent upon me for support" we put our usc.

Income is listed as an annual amount. Use an average amount of hours worked and apply the example that I gave you to do the math.

The form is completed by the petitioner. The petitioner lists their dependents in #8.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.