tolowyn

help! running out of time!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hey guys, i know its on the forum a million times, but im looking for updated recent news. We'r very impatiently waiting for the approved visa and my passport to make its way to the DHL in dorval from montreal. our interview was last wednesday the 19th, why havnt we heard anything yet?!!! we need to get this by today tomorrow the latest so we can rent the truck and get a move on, otherwise im not sure what our plan will be. it was to drive back together in the truck. he has to be back for sunday to go back to work. no more vacation time left, visa stuff used it all up. what was your average wait times to receive your visa or notice of from dhl or the csc website? what do you think i can do to speed this up? since picking it up at the consulate isnt an option. what do we do? we both feel lost and confused and nervouse and stressed. we need this visa like now! we need to leave or he will leave without me and then i dunno what to do! help anyone? please? anything? :crying: i wanna go home!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry, nothing you can do. I know you've probably heard this, and already know it, but you really shouldn't make ANY travel plans before the visa is in hand - for this reason. If he has to leave then you can simply travel alone.

It took me 10 days to have my passport and visa back in hand, but that was also 2 years ago

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

thanks for helping. i have a huge feeling its gonna endup taking that way to. we didnt make any travels no one has plane tickets and we'r not renting the truck until i have the visa. our plan is only our plan with nothing in concrete for that reason. it just would be really amazing nice if it worked out in this time field. id really it if we could travel back together. if we run out of time hes gonna fly back and then we'll figure out a way to get me there. i cant drive, so i cant drive myself, and he cant drive the truck of my stuff over the boarder alone. so i'll just try and find someone who can drive to drive me the 23 hrs home. after a year of being apart, (i know some of you have been apart longer, and i honor you) i just dont want to have to leave him again, so i can keep sitting here waiting. blargh this whole thing just sucks n is so annoying.

Mine was back in April but it took exactly a week from my interview until visa was ready for pick up at the DHL location. I got an email saying that it was picked up a the consulate. The next morning I got a call from DHL saying it was ready for me to pick up. There is no consistency to how and when they get printed and sent out. Have you called DOS to see if it was printed yet? Fingers crossed that you get it before he has to go back.

Sent AOS pack......2011-08-08

NOA's dated ..........2011-08-15

Biometrics..............2011-09-13

EAD card.................2011-10-26

AP card....................2011-10-26

AOS approved .......2011-12-19

Green card rec.......2011-12-27

Timeline

Hi,

I also had my interview last wednesday on the 19th, and I'm still waiting for the passport and visa.

I was able to call DOS and got confirmation that it was issued/printed last Friday. So it's just a matter of time until Montreal decides to finally send it out.

From what I've read in past posts, it seems Montreal sends them out at random and in bunches, no real order to the process. Calling CSC for an update isn't helpful, and I tried emailing Montreal for an update but haven't heard anything back yet.

Really all we can do is wait....and your right, it completely sucks!

I hope your documents arrive soon!

- T.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just to let you know... I had my interview on the 21st and received an email last night that the package had been picked up in Montreal yesterday. At 8:00 this morning I received a call from DHL that it is here ready to be picked up. Exactly one week since the interview as they said it would be.

I hope you have received yours by now too tolowyn and t.rah.. If not I would try to follow up to see when it was sent.

Edited by Shirley Ann

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.