shawnandaileen

how to contact the mythical customer service reps :)

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all, just another quick question. I got my NOA-1 on 14 Oct 2011. I went to the USCIS website punched my reciept # in (to include the EAC)and it says that reciept number cannot be found. I kept thinking ok maybe it just hasnt been enough time, but today is 10 days. So I decided to call the National Customer Service # wherethe first thing the recording said is there are customer service reps available 8am-8pm Mon-Fri (I was thinking great maybe they can tell me what the average wait time is for my application reciept number to show up on their site to track) but it went immediatly to the pre recorded options. Which i followed and sure enough still said my reciept # was not found.

1) So am I just being impatient (i have heard it should be there if i recieved an NOA-1)

2) does anyone know how to actually get ahold of a customer service rep to find out how to get my application/reciept # in the system.

I have heard some people never made it in the system but got approved, I would like just too see whats happening to my application and to be able to have a pre notice (email/text) instead of just waiting for NOA-2 or RFE.

Thanks all

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

It took us one month between NOA 1 and 2. And we never found it in the system. Don't count on the USCIS web site as being accurate. just be more patience.

Timeline

I would not worry about that at all. We never got into the system from start to finish. That computer system hasnt worked since the day it was put into operation. So dont worry, just sit back for the wait, the only real insight you will have is on igors list which will show you where you might stand at least with regards to those here on visa journey. If your paper work was sent to vermont, you re one up , because Cali is very slow.

Good luck on the rest of your journey

Kevin & Lenith

Timeline

It took us one month between NOA 1 and 2. And we never found it in the system. Don't count on the USCIS web site as being accurate. just be more patience.

And by the way enigmas 1 month turn around is beyond normal, and back in 09, avg time now is 4-6 months.

Kevin & Lenith

prolly should not worry since you have your hardcopy ^_^

i-129f sent - 5/25/11

noa1 - 6/1/2011

approved! - 1/26/2012

23h2kc4.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Our experience: The system never registered our details. We were told by several agents that in fact the online checker was out of order and not been working for some time. Miraculously though, one day we tried (half out of desperation!!) again and lo and behold! It worked, but only once we had the petition approved and then ALL of the checks appeared on the screen. My advice; don't worry too much about it not registering in the system, ours didn't until right at the last minute. Also try to relax leading up to the NOA2.....we gave up ringing the customer reps once we realised they seemed to be reading off scripts and the ones who weren't, appeared to give conflicting information, which made it worse. Best of luck with your journey....stick with VJ, it proved more helpful to me than anything else. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Shawn, ... someon said to call, and then go into the program automation for CHANGING YOUR ADDRESS, and you would get to a person to talk to, somewhere in those numbers.

I did it, and it worked!

Good Luck.

Otherwise, like someone else says, you got the hardcopy, so don't worry about the website.

Even the person I spoke to said they don't keep that any where perfectly up-to-date.

07/27/2011...........NOA1 received.

12/05/2011...........RFE received.

12/13/2011...........RFE response sent.

12/16/2011...........RFE RESPONSE received by Vermont S.C.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

12/30/2011...........LA VISA APROVADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

02/09/2012...........Schedule Interview.

03/23/2012...........Interview (to take place then)!

04/07/2012...........Arrived in USA.

07/01/2012...........MARRIED!

What next?

.......How the days DO slip away!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.