NEED ADVICE ON MY 2 YR OLD DAUGHTER

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We came here in California last October 15, 2011. My daughter knows her daddy in video calls and pictures. When we arrived she even hugs and kiss Daddy. Apparently for the past few days, she is having different attitude and tantrums. She kept on crying, kicking dad to make the long story short she is having different attitude everyday. I can do my errands, can't work because she wants me to be with her. She wants me to carry her all day and night. Opps she's not sick. I am thinking she is still on a period of adjustment. I don't know what to do but I need to work since there are obligations i left in PI and I don't want to pass all the burden to my husband. When I left PI I am in a good position and with a high pay and I am not use to ask money from him unless needed and it is priority. My husband and I talked and we have decided to send back her back to the philippines. My question is, what are the requirements to remain her immigrant status apart from the fact that it will only take 6 months and she needs to go back here in the US. I want her alsostudy in the philippines.....and get her if she is already 5 or 10 yrs old. Please I need your advise. We plan to go back in PI on November 5.

Thanks.

Just to make sure this is clear... you arrived 8 days ago. The child is yours AND the USC's that you are now living with. Your daughter is therefore a USC (I assume you got her US citizenship for her?).

So your question is how to retain her immigrant status?... if the USC is her father she SHOULD be a USC and has no immigrant status, she can come and go as she pleases. If she's not his child and instead has a visa then once she leaves you will need to reapply later because her status will be taken away. If she IS his child (and he fulfilled the residency requirements to pass on USC) and you have yet to apply for her USC then do that before she leaves.

You've only been in the US 8 days. You don't need to work this second and have time to help your daughter. As others have said she's 2, and they're called the terrible 2's for a reason, it's likely not personal, just her testing boundaries and the like. I say find yourself and your child a routine here in the US. Find a child care centre, or day care centre, or baby sitter or something to start your daily routine.

You said she knew her "daddy" and said she hugs and kisses him but just like adults kids can get stressed out too. Spending all this time with "daddy" is new. She's adjusting to HIM not just the US and sending her away I think would be a big mistake. Your husband, her father, needs to know his child. It WILL get better.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** One personal attack removed. You may not agree with the Op's choice, but keep it civil. *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

hi your daughter is only 2 years just the same age of my son now, u cant blame your daugther of acting like thats and she's still adjusting to her daddy and its been two years she didnt see her dad in person, and tell your hubby too to be patience and besides u were be together for only two weeks as u said, she needs time dont force your daughter to be close that fast to her daddy it will takes time sis. and sending her back to the philippines is not the answer and then you will going to get her again when she's in school age, its more difficult for her and for all of you and u will start again of what's happening right now. just like me sis, when we got here my baby is 1 year old and he doesnt even want to go to his dad too and he cried all the time and waking up always in the middle of the night but my husband know's dat and understand that and after two months our son is so closed to him now, just tell your hubby dont yell at her and play with her even just 15- 30 minutes every day with her and ofcourse u are there too and keep telling to your daughter thats her daddy. and daddy will not going to hurt her and daddy love's her so much. and later on she will get use to it.

about the residencies that u were asking is your daughter is not a U.S citizen when u and ur daughter came here in the U.S? u didnt apply here CRBA when she is the philippines? if she is a U.S citizen and has a U.S passport u dont need to worry about her residencies here in the U.S as long as she will be back here before she's turning 18 yrs old. because if her daddy is a U.S citizen automatic ur baby is a U.S citizen, u just need to file and apply for that in the U.S embassy in the philippines.

9nrm6y5n0.png

fdee0puy5.png

EU1q-10h.gif

EU1q-10i.jpg

176Tv-103.jpg

hi your daughter is only 2 years just the same age of my son now, u cant blame your daugther of acting like thats and she's still adjusting to her daddy and its been two years she didnt see her dad in person, and tell your hubby too to be patience and besides u were be together for only two weeks as u said, she needs time dont force your daughter to be close that fast to her daddy it will takes time sis. and sending her back to the philippines is not the answer and then you will going to get her again when she's in school age, its more difficult for her and for all of you and u will start again of what's happening right now. just like me sis, when we got here my baby is 1 year old and he doesnt even want to go to his dad too and he cried all the time and waking up always in the middle of the night but my husband know's dat and understand that and after two months our son is so closed to him now, just tell your hubby dont yell at her and play with her even just 15- 30 minutes every day with her and ofcourse u are there too and keep telling to your daughter thats her daddy. and daddy will not going to hurt her and daddy love's her so much. and later on she will get use to it.

about the residencies that u were asking is your daughter is not a U.S citizen when u and ur daughter came here in the U.S? u didnt apply here CRBA when she is the philippines? if she is a U.S citizen and has a U.S passport u dont need to worry about her residencies here in the U.S as long as she will be back here before she's turning 18 yrs old. because if her daddy is a U.S citizen automatic ur baby is a U.S citizen, u just need to file and apply for that in the U.S embassy in the philippines.

oh sorry this message is for Vanessa&Tony not to 020871.

9nrm6y5n0.png

fdee0puy5.png

EU1q-10h.gif

EU1q-10i.jpg

176Tv-103.jpg

Question. Who petitioned for you? How did you and your daughter get your visas for the US. You entered on Oct. 15, 2011. You have activated your LPR status. You are turning around to leave on Nov. 5.

I suspect that you entered as an unmarried daughter of a US citizen and that's why your "husband" didn't immigrate with you. Is he legally your husband?

Did you enter the US based on an F2a family preference category as the unmarried daughter of of a US citizen when you were actually married?

Have you petitioned for your husband yet?

My husband is an american and he petitioned us legally and i am married to him for almost 2 years. I entered in the united states as CR1 stats. Did I answer your questions? So what can you advise me?

Thanks to all of your advises/suggestions/negative comments I really do appreciate it. Well, sending her back doesn't necessarily mean that we/I abandoning her. My mom raise me well even without a father for 31 years. And I very much appreciated my mom how she brought me up. I am sending my child to my mom, who brought me up well to have a good attitude and respect to other people. Yes, I am a career woman way back in the Philippines having a good and high salary, good position and working in a well known american company. For me it is just the same having your chid with or without you. It is a matter on how you raise them. Ther are parents who happen to be with their child taking care of them and look where they are now? It is a matter of how your child was brought up and raised with or without their parents.

My concerned here is the legalities of having an immigrant status going back to PI and not on how bringing up the child. Anyway A BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO GAVE THE ADVISE I REALLY DO APPRECIATE IT. I already got the answer on my question.

This forum really a big help. :)

Filed: Timeline

My husband is an american and he petitioned us legally and i am married to him for almost 2 years. I entered in the united states as CR1 stats. Did I answer your questions? So what can you advise me?

Your daughter is a US citizen. She meets all the requirements of the Child Citizenship Act (CCA) to derive US citizenship from her father. Before your daughter goes back to the Philippines, you should apply for an expedited US passport for her.

Best of luck to you and your family.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1312.html

http://travel.state.gov/passport/hurry/hurry_831.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.