crazykuya73

Our story

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Beautiful!!! Absolutely Beautiful!! :thumbs: You Brought a Tear to my Eye Kuya!! Beautiful!:thumbs:

Edited by southcalhog

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Thank you everybody for the nice replies..

Jim N Augie... I know how you feel too. The Philippine courts are a class of it's own ! :wacko: Waiting all that time to fix a birth certificate is a pain that I wouldn't wish on anyone too. It was something that I had to do and I knew that we would've never been approved unless we fixed it first. I wish you and your fiancee the best and your life will be normal again soon.

JimVaPhuong.. I hired the agency to get us thru the visa process.. We can do the rest, ty. I'm already got her daughters favorite colors for her room I will be painting real soon. There is a small filipino community here and they been anxious to meet my new wife. One gentleman that used to work with my dad is married to filipina lady from Bohol and he told me to bring my wife there anytime. As for foods, well we will have to make do with what we got here in Arkansas. There is no asian food markets here unless you go to the bigger cities. I will just let her order some stuff online if she wants to make something special. So, I got it covered and ty for the advice.

Sassytay.. Thank you for the compliment. My parents taught me to follow my heart and sometimes it led me to the wrong direction, but this time its on the right path.

Timeline

First Congrats !!! on the visa. Second thanks for writing your story it was nice to read and it saves me from writing most of mine. I really know how you feel. For us we had to do annulment first. The lawyer was not a crook just not so competent and in the provinces things can move s l o w. Many times the judge would not show up for court etc. My girl and her parents were always already there and I already spent money for the trip only be told it is canceled. two month delay each time. Once it was not even an emergency he just scheduled one of our dates for the same day he had a seminar in Mnl. One occasion our court date that we waited 2 months for was declared a holiday 1 week before our appearance. No matter how good a case the judge will also expect a " gift" at the end. My thinking was if I dont strangle the man that is his gift. All the time, money and effort and some people thinking it's a scam I hear ya. Like you I could never walk away and of course you could never forget her. I flew there as much as I could, spent more money than I even want to think about but if you really are committed to someone it is for better or worse. Besides, I made a promise and there's a great little kid involved who ought to know what a real father is someday. We read about annulment first and seemed most take a year so thats what we expected going in. We met in May 2008 and our interview is finally set for end of this Nov. I haven't been there since Jan 2011. If all goes well I will be coming to get her and my step-son in Jan 2012. Good luck in the future. Myself I just look forward to having a normal life again. Jim.

@Jim - yeah annulment is not so easy to deal with. I went through that too with the help of m fiancee not just financially but of all the support he can give he gave hi best. 2008 I started my annulment and it took a year to till it was done. it was affected by the judge's travel to france and holidays. The hearing itself wasn't so tragic :D I was glad my x-hubby did not mind the proceedings at all. After the annulment was a year long struggle to get the papers done at NSO - mind you, at the NSO itself it took me 1 whole year till they get their #######. A lot of stress along the way. It's never easy coz I live in a province. I sent 4 times my court papers and they give me different crappy reasons why they cant process it which is not true..the truth is they lost those documents I sent them. Tired and stressed of the way NSO was, I personally went at Manila to hand m personal copy, asked them to show me the documents I sent, and they can't find it. So i told them i am personally handling them my PERSONAL copy already and hope they get their ####### together or I will escalate the issue. I was glad I did it, just a months after 2010 I got my annotated Marriage contract. We all thought it was the end of the tunnel already but NO..another trial came our way. now the DIVORCE of my fiance. it was like a never ending struggle. I see it as unfair. His x-wife dragged it out as much as she can. Well she finds no reason to end it quick coz he never stopped his support. she asked for the moon and stars..typical divorce thing. I was working by that time and have to gave up my work just to be with my fiance ( well online ) i was afraid he will do something stupid coz he find the divorce no way to end and was losing hope we will really be together w/o it. As I resigned from my work, I was his strength. He has a lawyer but I have to do legal research and have him share what I learned to his lawyer in hope it will help. Luckily she considered those and helped out the case maybe a little. My fiance became depressed and his tolerance to stress became short. I tried to understand him coz I know how difficult life is to what he was going through. The divorce took 3 years till it officially ended. So thankful of that day and we were able to start our k1 visa. - BUT another test came our way - Fiance had been held under administrative suspension - his clearance was revoke because of the accumulated debt from his and mostly his x-wife :D He can't just pay it and be done with the suspension. His x-wife just kept her lazy butt on the go and never worked despite the gavron warning - she never is until this time. Anyways, I told him, it doesn't matter whether our life will be here in the Philippines and there in the US. He wants to bring me there of course, but for me his sanity and well being is more than the need to be in the US. I know life here is not the way it is in the US. But again,i told him he doesn't have to worry too much, life maybe simple but he sure would find a home here with us. I can work to help out. - My fiance loves me so much..and I know it ever since - despite the trials he find way to make our dreams happen. I believe he wont be left jobless, before he run out of pay, we helped together doing job hunting. he got interviewed by a lot of company then ended up finding a job paying him better than before.

Despite the truth that I was also sometime getting weak of all the trials, one thing that made me stay strong and keep on believing all good thing will come is looking back at the day we first met the trials we've been through since 2003 the friendship we had established..i know the trials we had by then isn't enough to make us give up. the 5 years of friendship (2003 - 2008 ) made us know each other well. and it had been our best foundation to what we have now.

Goodluck to everyone's journey!

Timeline

Thank you everybody for the nice replies..

Jim N Augie... I know how you feel too. The Philippine courts are a class of it's own ! :wacko: Waiting all that time to fix a birth certificate is a pain that I wouldn't wish on anyone too. It was something that I had to do and I knew that we would've never been approved unless we fixed it first. I wish you and your fiancee the best and your life will be normal again soon.

JimVaPhuong.. I hired the agency to get us thru the visa process.. We can do the rest, ty. I'm already got her daughters favorite colors for her room I will be painting real soon. There is a small filipino community here and they been anxious to meet my new wife. One gentleman that used to work with my dad is married to filipina lady from Bohol and he told me to bring my wife there anytime. As for foods, well we will have to make do with what we got here in Arkansas. There is no asian food markets here unless you go to the bigger cities. I will just let her order some stuff online if she wants to make something special. So, I got it covered and ty for the advice.

Sassytay.. Thank you for the compliment. My parents taught me to follow my heart and sometimes it led me to the wrong direction, but this time its on the right path.

Yeah I could run a more efficient court with drunken monkeys. I'm sure we both had some positive come from our ordeals too. best of luck my friend.

Timeline

@Jim - yeah annulment is not so easy to deal with. I went through that too with the help of m fiancee not just financially but of all the support he can give he gave hi best. 2008 I started my annulment and it took a year to till it was done. it was affected by the judge's travel to france and holidays. The hearing itself wasn't so tragic :D I was glad my x-hubby did not mind the proceedings at all. After the annulment was a year long struggle to get the papers done at NSO - mind you, at the NSO itself it took me 1 whole year till they get their #######. A lot of stress along the way. It's never easy coz I live in a province. I sent 4 times my court papers and they give me different crappy reasons why they cant process it which is not true..the truth is they lost those documents I sent them. Tired and stressed of the way NSO was, I personally went at Manila to hand m personal copy, asked them to show me the documents I sent, and they can't find it. So i told them i am personally handling them my PERSONAL copy already and hope they get their ####### together or I will escalate the issue. I was glad I did it, just a months after 2010 I got my annotated Marriage contract. We all thought it was the end of the tunnel already but NO..another trial came our way. now the DIVORCE of my fiance. it was like a never ending struggle. I see it as unfair. His x-wife dragged it out as much as she can. Well she finds no reason to end it quick coz he never stopped his support. she asked for the moon and stars..typical divorce thing. I was working by that time and have to gave up my work just to be with my fiance ( well online ) i was afraid he will do something stupid coz he find the divorce no way to end and was losing hope we will really be together w/o it. As I resigned from my work, I was his strength. He has a lawyer but I have to do legal research and have him share what I learned to his lawyer in hope it will help. Luckily she considered those and helped out the case maybe a little. My fiance became depressed and his tolerance to stress became short. I tried to understand him coz I know how difficult life is to what he was going through. The divorce took 3 years till it officially ended. So thankful of that day and we were able to start our k1 visa. - BUT another test came our way - Fiance had been held under administrative suspension - his clearance was revoke because of the accumulated debt from his and mostly his x-wife :D He can't just pay it and be done with the suspension. His x-wife just kept her lazy butt on the go and never worked despite the gavron warning - she never is until this time. Anyways, I told him, it doesn't matter whether our life will be here in the Philippines and there in the US. He wants to bring me there of course, but for me his sanity and well being is more than the need to be in the US. I know life here is not the way it is in the US. But again,i told him he doesn't have to worry too much, life maybe simple but he sure would find a home here with us. I can work to help out. - My fiance loves me so much..and I know it ever since - despite the trials he find way to make our dreams happen. I believe he wont be left jobless, before he run out of pay, we helped together doing job hunting. he got interviewed by a lot of company then ended up finding a job paying him better than before.

Despite the truth that I was also sometime getting weak of all the trials, one thing that made me stay strong and keep on believing all good thing will come is looking back at the day we first met the trials we've been through since 2003 the friendship we had established..i know the trials we had by then isn't enough to make us give up. the 5 years of friendship (2003 - 2008 ) made us know each other well. and it had been our best foundation to what we have now.

Goodluck to everyone's journey!

I very much understand all that. Sometimes even the simplest thing like NSO can be such a pain. But yeah you do learn to lean on each other. Somedays you want to laff and cry at the same time and sure somedays you just want to give up. But you know it's not the answer because you will never forget that person and you will always wonder about them. My fiance said the same to me, if she can not come here can I come there. It's never been about money or being in the US it is about a life together. I do hope to retire there someday. I'm gld your fiance found better job. Divorce is hard, I have been there but in time finances get straightened out. Goodluck to you both!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Wow, great love story, blessings to you both and your new life. Your post gave me some much needed comfort, and reminded me how blessed i am that everything has moved a long so quickly as it has.

Nice. May the rest of your journey be smooth.

Edited by Don and Venus

K-1 JOURNEY
3-18-10 Mailed I-129F to CSC
3-22-10 NAO1
5-12-10 NOA2 Sent to NVC
6-11.10 Called USEM and scheduled interview appointment
7-08-09 Physical at St Lukes-Passed
7-29-10 Interview in Manila-RFE
8-16-10 Submitted requested documents
8-20-10 VISA Approved
8-24-10 VISA delivered by Air21
9-24-10 POE Guam
9-27-10 Married

AOS JOURNEY
11-15-10 Mailed AOS application to Chicago LockBox
11-17-10 Received by USCIS
11-23-10 NOA1 issued for AOS,EAD & AP
11-30-10 NOA1 hard copies received
12-18-10 Biometrics Appt. letter received
01-06-11 Biometrics in Denver, CO
01-27-11 EAD and AP approved
01-29-11 Received AP papers
02-03-11 Received EAD card
03-29-11 AOS Approved
04-07-11 Received Green Card

ROC JOURNEY
01-16-13 Mailed I-751 petition to CSC
01-23-13 Package signed for at CSC
01-23-13 NOA1
01-25-13 Check cashed
02-26-13 Biometrics

06-12-13 Approved with no RFE or interview

06-22-13 Received Green Card

Timeline

wow truly inspiring. no wonder you we're blessed to have her and of course, for her visa to be approved:) Good luck on your journey and enjoy the Holidays! :)

Can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you..

K1 Visa Process

10/10/2011 - I-129F Sent

10/25/2011 - NOA1

04/18/2012 - NOA2 :)

05/16/2012 - Medical Done

05/30/2012 - Interview - Visa Approved!

06/09/2012 - Visa on Hand

06/28/2012 - POE (D.C)

AOS Process

08/17/2012 - I-485 and I-765 Sent

08/23/2012 - NOA1 (I485 and I-765)

08/24/2012 - Cash Checked

09/10/2012 - Biometrics Done

10/22/2012 - EAD Approved

10/29/2012 - EAD Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.