11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am hearing November 7th has suddenly been declared a holiday in the Philippines. ?????? last time they did that with 2 weeks notice cost e a court date I had been waiting 2 months for.

Timeline

I am hearing November 7th has suddenly been declared a holiday in the Philippines. ?????? last time they did that with 2 weeks notice cost e a court date I had been waiting 2 months for.

What's up with Nov. 7 here in our country? I know Oct.31st and Nov. 1 is a holiday but not aware of 7th

Well, I searched and it says :

November 7, 2011 is declared a Regular Holiday in the Philippines

By JANEY | Published: OCTOBER 21, 2011

As per President Benigno Aquino’s Proclamation No. 276, Monday, 7 November 2011, is declared as a REGULAR HOLIDAY in celebration of Eidul Adha throughout the country.

November 7, 2011

Monday, Regular Holiday

The Islamic Feast of Sacrifice

I DONT THINK SO..NOV.1 2011 IS A HOLIDAY NOT THE 7TH.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwholidays.html

United States and Philippine Holidays 2011

U.S EMBASSY HOLIDAYS 2011

Holiday

Nationality

Legal Date

Closing Date

New Year’s Day

U.S./PHL

Fri, Jan 1

Fri, Dec. 31, 2010

M. L. King Jr. Day

U.S.

Mon, Jan 17

Mon, Jan 17, 2011

President’s Day

U.S.

Mon, Feb 21

Mon, Feb 21

Bataan & Corregidor / Heroism Day

PHL

Sat, Apr 9

Sat, Apr 9

Maundy Thursday

PHL

Thurs, Apr 21

Thurs, Apr 21

Good Friday

PHL

Fri, Apr 22

Fri, Apr 22

Philippine Labor Day

PHL

Sun, May 1

Sun, May 1

Memorial Day

U.S.

Mon, May 30

Mon, May 30

Philippine Independence Day PHL

Sun, Jun 12

Sun, Jun 12

U.S. Independence Day U.S.

Mon, Jul 4

Mon, Jul 4

Ninoy Aquino Day

PHL

Sun, Aug 21

Sun, Aug 21

National Heroes Day

PHL

Mon, Aug 29

Mon, Aug 29

U.S. Labor Day U.S.

Mon, Sept 5

Mon, Sept 5

Eid-ul-Fitr

PHL

TBD

TBD

Columbus Day

U.S.

Mon, Oct 10

Mon, Oct 10

All Saints’ Day

PHL

Tues, Nov 1

Tues, Nov 1

Veterans Day

U.S.

Fri, Nov 11

Fri, Nov 11

Thanksgiving Day

U.S.

Thurs, Nov 24

Thur, Nov 11

Bonifacio Day

PHL

Wed, Nov 30

Wed, Nov 30

Christmas Day

U.S./PHL

Sun, Dec 25

Mon, Dec 26

Rizal Day

PHL

Fri, Dec 30

Fri, Dec 30

Last Day of the Year

PHL

Sat, Dec 31

Sat, Dec 31

Timeline

I am hearing it was just declared YESTERDAY so dont think it will be on your calender. They are really bad about doing that "last minute" like i said earlier it screwed me on a court date.

Edited by Jim N Augie

Timeline

Malacañang has declared November 7 (Monday) as a regular non-working holiday in celebration of the Eidul Adha or Feast of Sacrifice, one of the major religious feasts in Islam.

Released on Friday, the declaration is contained in Proclamation 276, which President Benigno Aquino III signed on October 20.

Under the proclamation, the date of the festival based on the declaration made by Saudi Arabia’s highest religious body is November 6, 2011.

The Philippine’s National Commission on Muslim Filipinos recommended that the observance of Eidul Adha be on November 7, 2011 and the Eidul Adha prayer on November 6, 2011.

Eidul Adha is the start of the Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca. The dates of Islamic holidays have been determined in accordance with the Islamic calendar (lunar calendar), or upon Islamic astronomical calculations, whichever is possible or convenient.

The President earlier appealed to Saudi King Abdullah Asis Al-Saud to provide 1,100 more Hajj visas to Filipinos wanting to go to Mecca.

Aquino earlier declared October 31, a special non-working holiday, under Proclamation 265, to give Filipinos time to observe All Saints’ Day. — LBG, GMA News

Happy New Year!

Timeline

Malacañang has declared November 7 (Monday) as a regular non-working holiday in celebration of the Eidul Adha or Feast of Sacrifice, one of the major religious feasts in Islam.

Released on Friday, the declaration is contained in Proclamation 276, which President Benigno Aquino III signed on October 20.

Under the proclamation, the date of the festival based on the declaration made by Saudi Arabia’s highest religious body is November 6, 2011.

The Philippine’s National Commission on Muslim Filipinos recommended that the observance of Eidul Adha be on November 7, 2011 and the Eidul Adha prayer on November 6, 2011.

Eidul Adha is the start of the Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca. The dates of Islamic holidays have been determined in accordance with the Islamic calendar (lunar calendar), or upon Islamic astronomical calculations, whichever is possible or convenient.

The President earlier appealed to Saudi King Abdullah Asis Al-Saud to provide 1,100 more Hajj visas to Filipinos wanting to go to Mecca.

Aquino earlier declared October 31, a special non-working holiday, under Proclamation 265, to give Filipinos time to observe All Saints’ Day. — LBG, GMA News

SO I heard right and Nov 7th is a holiday? I don't have anything scheduled for that week but anyone unlucky enough to have planned St Lukes Or USEM interview will have to reschedule I think ? Edited by Jim N Augie

Timeline

is this true???? i guess now i have a reason to call embassy...

SO I heard right and Nov 7th is a holiday? I don't have anything scheduled for that week but anyone unlucky enough to have planned St Lukes Or USEM interview will have to reschedule I think ?

Luke 1:37 - "For with GOD nothing shall be impossible."

AOS Journey

• 02.25.2012 - AOS, EAD, AP sent
  • 02.29.2012 - received text/email receipt notices
  • 03.22.2012 - transferred to CSC
  • 04.19.2012 - biometrics appointment
  • 05.02.2012 - EAD & AP approved
  • 10.19.2012 - AOS approved

K1 Journey

• 05.2000 - met in class - Orlando, FL
  • 05.2011 - K1 filed
  • 11.2011 - K1 visa received
  • 01.2012 - POE/Wedding

Timeline

I'm scheduled for interview on Nov. 7. i wanted to call the embassy but it says they take calls from mon-fri only. anybody knows what's the best thing to do now? please, i welcome any advice. haaaay...

Thanks a lot!

Luke 1:37 - "For with GOD nothing shall be impossible."

AOS Journey

• 02.25.2012 - AOS, EAD, AP sent
  • 02.29.2012 - received text/email receipt notices
  • 03.22.2012 - transferred to CSC
  • 04.19.2012 - biometrics appointment
  • 05.02.2012 - EAD & AP approved
  • 10.19.2012 - AOS approved

K1 Journey

• 05.2000 - met in class - Orlando, FL
  • 05.2011 - K1 filed
  • 11.2011 - K1 visa received
  • 01.2012 - POE/Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'm scheduled for interview on Nov. 7. i wanted to call the embassy but it says they take calls from mon-fri only. anybody knows what's the best thing to do now? please, i welcome any advice. haaaay...

Thanks a lot!

Call Monday.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Call Monday I guess. As you can see from the news articles people posted here that date was made a regular holiday as of Friday. I don't know if that includes USEM but I would think so, and St Lukes too. I put the post here cause people should be warned. Even worse I bet they dont update the online appt service until monday or later so all weekend it will accept appts for that date. If anyone knows for sure please post.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.