helpvisajourney

2 years conditional green card expired

11 posts in this topic

hello friends

I am new to this website and my friend told me about the help that i can get form here.

My problem is that my conditional greencard is expired. I should have applied 3 motnhs before but i didnt because i forgot. I wish i had applied earlier. I just found out that it expired about a week ago.

We are in a very happy and great marital relationship and expecting a baby in a couple of months. what should we do now.

I know that we still need to file the I-751 application with explanation of why we are late to remove the conditions along with the bonafide relationships proof.

Please help us if you or someone you know are in a same situation. How did you or someone you know got out of the situation successfully. Help us please.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

some time people get a reminder notice, to remove conditions.you need to file the 1-751 and all your marriage evidence ASAP with a nice letter to explain why your late fileing.good luck

some time people get a reminder notice, to remove conditions.you need to file the 1-751 and all your marriage evidence ASAP with a nice letter to explain why your late fileing.good luck

Thankyou for reply. we did not get any reminder notice though. We were supposed to remember that ourselve we forgot somehow.

:(

Thankyou for reply. we did not get any reminder notice though. We were supposed to remember that ourselve we forgot somehow.

:(

I say get in touch with the people you need to and fill out forms with explanation that with your pregnancy it fell out of your heads...good luck..

Fiance visa

04/28/2011 - I-129F - DENIED

02/18/2012 - I-129F petition filed
02/24/2012 - NOA1
09/04/2012 - NOA2, 193 days

Interview:10/22/2012
POE: 10/26/2012 (245 days)

Removal of Conditions

Filed for ROC - 06/09/2015

NOA1 for ROC - 06/12/2015

Biometrics appointment - 07/17/2015

Approval for ROC - 04/20/2016 (316 days)

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

N-400 biometrics 06/20/16

N-400 interview 01/23/2017

N-400 Oath ceremony 02/10/2017

Immigration Process took 2116 days.

I say get in touch with the people you need to and fill out forms with explanation that with your pregnancy it fell out of your heads...good luck..

Thanks a lot.

We contacted an immigration lawyer and he said that this hapens a lot. People do forget. Mostly people donot have to go to court. Especially with us coz we are going to have a baby so it is itself a proof. Moreover if USC spouse has a good record ( no criminal record, no DUI or other police complaints) then it should be fine. He said that they give one year green card with no problem. This is a good news for those who are in same situation like us.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Thanks a lot.

We contacted an immigration lawyer and he said that this hapens a lot. People do forget. Mostly people donot have to go to court. Especially with us coz we are going to have a baby so it is itself a proof. Moreover if USC spouse has a good record ( no criminal record, no DUI or other police complaints) then it should be fine. He said that they give one year green card with no problem. This is a good news for those who are in same situation like us.

best of luck!

event.png

Thanks a lot.

Good luck, and we're sure that you will be fine. Just make sure to include as much evidence as possible, to convince them that you have a real relationship.

Oh and ps....

Conceiving a baby is just proof that one set of glands were urgently calling out to another, and no effective birth control was used.

:star:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks a lot.

There is no 1 year green card. There a 1 year extension letter that is issued when the I-751 is filed.

Giving birth to a child is not great proof of a relationship. Raising that child is great proof.

File the I-751 ASAP to maintain your LPR status. Filing shortly after card expiration is usually ok. Time is of the essence here. Do not delay.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Giving birth to a child is not great proof of a relationship. Raising that child is great proof.

Are you kidding? How could a baby not be proof? :crying:

No, I completely agree with you. It is a common misconception that the arrival of a baby constitutes air-tight proof. As has been said, anyone can make a baby with anyone as long as they're both physically capable.

What counts is whether this poor little baby (which is objectified for USCIS purposes as being the "product" of a marriage) will leave a nice long paper trail attesting to both spouses' financial commitment to said baby.

That's what we will be submitting for the I-751 aside from the birth certificate of our daughter: doctor's and hospital bills with both of our names on them, daycare bills (horrendously high I might add), our daughter's universal life policy and the like. We added a little family picture for fun and to put a little personal touch on the application but I know for sure that this will not really matter.

I hope we won't have to show up for an interview as we're both working full-time and as we have both of our hands full juggling our responsibilities every day. However, it'd be a small price to pay for receiving the privilege of permanent residency. And a privilege it is.

Submit your application soon, and submit as much hard financial evidence as possible, perhaps a doctor's note from your obstetrician that your husband is attending your check-ups and the like. At this point, you won't have much more "hard" evidence with respect to your little one. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

My conditional residence status is extended for one year and biometrics scheduled.

As far as the baby is concerned i am sure when the baby will be born we will be the best parents too. I think conceiving a baby is a proof that a couple wants to give life to their love.

Thankyou guys for the help. I will keep updating the info for those whose green card also expired before applying I751

Good luck to everyone

I think conceiving a baby is a proof that a couple wants to give life to their love.

For you it is. The conception of a baby could be caused by a lot of other reasons, too. Most notably, the urge to have unprotected sex. I've seen a lot of kids that were born to parents who were completely irresponsible or careless (they didn't know how to use contraceptives, they didn't take care of their children). Judging from how the parents interact with each other (or the absence thereof), love must not have been the main motivation for quite a few. Sad but true. Also, not everyone is willing to acquire the skills to be a good parent.

Congratulations on the extension letter!

Edited by Germanimmigrant

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.