CanTex

Reply to Noid

2 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We married in June 2010. Applied for I-130 and the I-485. Beneficiary was issued work permit.

Had interview in November 2010. RFE. Responded. June 2011 renewed and received workk permit.

August 30, 2011 received NOID and had 30 days to reply. Got documents together and replied by

September 26, 2011. How long is the wait for an approval/denial?

Thanks for any info.

I am very sorry to hear that....If you are stressful now, I have been there...

Can you tell us briefly what was being said in your NOID? Did they say the evidence you submitted was not enough?

Also, you said you were given only 30 days to respond to the NOID. Why did they only give you a little bit of time? I suggest you check your USCIS online case status to see if there is any date change on "last updated" field. If there has been a date change, it means someone has worked on it. Also have you gotten a lawyer yet? I suggest you try calling USCIS's toll free number and ask for a tier-2 immigration officer (not the regular operator who reads from scripts). They should be able to tell you if your response is received by the Service. Perhaps you could wait like 60 days and schedule an info pass appointment cause right now perhaps they will not have much to tell. Don't bug them so often or they might deny you quickly cause these geniuses there don't like to be chased. Let them take their time to work on your case while your EAD is still valid.

Please hold your job cause you might need to spend some money on a good lawyer. I mean it. I don't want to sound blue, but if you are to fight any negative decisions they make, you will need at least $110 for the I-130 appeal fee, $585 for the I-485 motion to reopen fee, and perhaps thousands of dollars on lawyer fees. If they deny you, make sure you file the motion to reopen your I-485, so that you can renew your EAD again. I did not file an MTR for my I-485, so the whole time I have been waiting for the appeal of the I-130, I can't work.

My I-130 appeal was remanded end of June. This looks like there is some hope.

Although I really hope that your case will be approved cause they have issued an RFE and a NOID to you separately. Does that mean they have asked you for additional evidence twice so far? I would think that they want to work with you.

I-485, I-130, I-765

My timeline is in my profile

I-130 falls under AWA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.