Minu Luvs Pinu

What do you schedule first, Medical or Interview.

13 posts in this topic

Hi! The medical should be done first, definitely. Even if you pass the interview, the embassy won't give you a visa without a medical clearance. The results of the medicals should be in by the time you have your interview.

USCIS

03/21/11 - I-130 petition sent

03/25/11 - NOA1

09/08/11 - NOA2

NVC

09/12/11 - Case received by NVC

09/29/11 - NVC case number generated

09/30/11 - Received DS-3032 and I-864 bill

10/02/11 - Paid I-864 bill and emailed DS-3032

10/03/11 - NVC accepted DS-3032

10/04/11 - Received IV bill/I-864 bill marked as paid

10/21/11 - Paid IV bill10/24/11 - IV bill marked as paid

11/03/11 - Mailed I-864 and DS-230 packages

11/04/11 - I-864 and DS-230 packages reached NVC

11/10/11 - Case completed

11/29/11 - Received interview appointment letter

SLEC/Manila Consulate

11/04/11 & 11/08/11 - Medical exam completed and passed

01/03/12 - Interview - Approved!

01/04/12 - Visa issued

01/09/12 - Visa received

US Entry

01/17/12 - POE: Honolulu; with connecting flight to San Francisco

02/09/12 - Applied for SSN at SSA office

02/11/12 - Welcome letter arrived in the mail

02/13/12 - 2-yr green card arrived in the mail

Removal of Conditions

12/09/13 - I-751 petition sent

12/11/13 - NOA1 receipt date

12/12/13 - Money order cashed

01/06/14 - Biometrics appointment

04/10/14 - RFE

07/03/14 - RFE response sent

07/22/14 - ROC approved!

07/31/14 - Estimated arrival of 10-year GC, according to USPS tracking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know that you need medical clearance for the interview. I mean scheduling-wise. Should I know my Medical appointment date before I schedule an Interview date.... I'm concerned that if the interview is before my scheduled exam, it would obviously conflict and I would be screwed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know that you need medical clearance for the interview. I mean scheduling-wise. Should I know my Medical appointment date before I schedule an Interview date.... I'm concerned that if the interview is before my scheduled exam, it would obviously conflict and I would be screwed.

You will probably go for the Interview date first considering you have to book the interview and you will probably end up waiting for an interview date to open.

After you book the interview then go book the medical.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, medical before interview...

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, medical before interview...

Not if the OP is going to wait 3-4 months like previous Canadians have had to wait for an interview. Then you lose a bunch of time on your medical validity. With the way things are going in Canada right now you want to wait until the interview is booked before booking the medical. You don't know when you would be able to book an interview.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not if the OP is going to wait 3-4 months like previous Canadians have had to wait for an interview. Then you lose a bunch of time on your medical validity. With the way things are going in Canada right now you want to wait until the interview is booked before booking the medical. You don't know when you would be able to book an interview.

Thank you. :thumbs: I get it, scheduling is the issue.

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Got my Medical scheduled for Nov 18th. Tight schedule I know but it works out well with my schedule. But still, I have no idea how to pay for my interview on this site. Will be ok for me to just pay it in cash the day of?

Got my Medical scheduled for Nov 18th. Tight schedule I know but it works out well with my schedule. But still, I have no idea how to pay for my interview on this site. Will be ok for me to just pay it in cash the day of?

Yes, you can pay in cash at your interview. Make sure it's in US dollars.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Depends on the consulate, Morocco for example gives you an interview 3 months out and they recommend you complete the medical exam no earlier than 2 weeks before other consulates may have a much faster turn around time and in some countries it is hard to get a medical appointment.

Good luck,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.