RK_and_Inday

Tears of Joy at Interview: Visa Approved!!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

To all Visa Journey members,

We heard the magic words “Visa approved” on October 12. :dancing::dance::dance::dancing: Now, with great anticipation, awaiting the printing and delivery of visa.

This post is firstly and foremost, a huge thank you to each and all the Visa Journey members who have provided us much helpful information as well as moral support all along the way of this roller-coaster ride of an experience. (Shudder to think how the experience would have been without VJ help and support. :wacko: ) Secondly, we hope our good news will serve as encouragement to those still at earlier stages in the process. Yes, the waiting feels relatively long, sometimes even agonizingly so, but the feeling when the goal is achieved is indescribably wonderful and makes all the waiting worthwhile. Last but not least, our sincere wish and prayer is that each and everyone of you sincerely and steadfastly working towards your own goals will as soon as possible be able to experience similar feelings of joy and elation. :yes:

Again, many thank yous all and to you all the best of luck in each and every one of your own personal visa journeys!!!

--RK and Inday

P.S. For those interested in the actual interview experience itself, please see the review we have submitted for the Manila embassy along with the reviews of others. In short, we were over-prepared (at interview only asked were a few relationship questions, a few photos of us together requested, required documents submitted), and we would still deliberately do the same. We saw others denied for not even meeting the most basic of specified documentary requirements. Please be sure to use Visa Journey and other resources in order to be well prepared. –RK n’ Inday

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We heard the magic words "Visa approved" on October 12. :dancing::dance::dance::dancing: Now, with great anticipation, awaiting the printing and delivery of visa.

This post is firstly and foremost, a huge thank you to each and all the Visa Journey members who have provided us much helpful information as well as moral support all along the way of this roller-coaster ride of an experience. (Shudder to think how the experience would have been without VJ help and support. :wacko: ) Secondly, we hope our good news will serve as encouragement to those still at earlier stages in the process. Yes, the waiting feels relatively long, sometimes even agonizingly so, but the feeling when the goal is achieved is indescribably wonderful and makes all the waiting worthwhile. Last but not least, our sincere wish and prayer is that each and everyone of you sincerely and steadfastly working towards your own goals will as soon as possible be able to experience similar feelings of joy and elation. :yes:

Again, many thank yous all and to you all the best of luck in each and every one of your own personal visa journeys!!!

--RK and Inday

P.S. For those interested in the actual interview experience itself, please see the review we have submitted for the Manila embassy along with the reviews of others. In short, we were over-prepared (at interview only asked were a few relationship questions, a few photos of us together requested, required documents submitted), and we would still deliberately do the same. We saw others denied for not even meeting the most basic of specified documentary requirements. Please be sure to use Visa Journey and other resources in order to be well prepared. –RK n' Inday

CONGRATS!!

I-129F Sent : 2011-07-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-07-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-29

NOA2 Approved: 2011-10-01

NOA2 Paper Recv: 2011-10-03

NVC Recv: 2011-10-17

NVC to Embassy Sent: 2011-10-19

Embassy Recv Packet: 2011-10-21

Packet 3.5 Recv'ed: 2011-11-03

Packet 3.5 Sent: 2011-11-05

Interview Date: 2011-12-19

K1 Issued 2012-01-13

POE 2012 -03-14

Marriage 2012-03-19

SSN Received 2012-04-09

Filing AOS 2012-04-11

Biometrics Completed 2012-05-17

EAD Card Received 2012-07-02

Green Card Interview 2012-08-02

Card in Hand 2012-08-14

DONE WITH K1!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations! Best wishes with the rest of the journey.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

Congratulations to both of you and you will be here soon in USA enjoying life with you love one but for me the hardest part is when you in the airplane as like me.. I shed tears of joy but loneliness leaving my love ones behind..God bless :thumbs::dance:

Timeline

Sucasa, Leatherneck, and RenCor--Thank you for the congratulations and best wishes! --RK and Inday

@Rencor and all others with similar sentiments: Yes, as with many of life's big changes there are the downsides along with the ups. We (Inday and RK) talked about the various possibilities and life paths years before even choosing to apply for K-1 visa, before even RK proposed. Yes, then and still now wishing there was some way we could both be simultaneously near each of our family members, friends, co-workers and all of life's seeming good situations. Yes, the goodbyes even now are bittersweet but we--trusting in and remembering our original decision based hopefully on wise choices and definitely based in faith on Godly precepts as best we know how and understand--we choose now to look mostly ahead and focus on all the bright sides. Yes, family and friends--all of whom are happy for us--will be sorely missed but they too see providence working in all our lives and give this recognition top priority as well. Understanding your loneliness about leaving love ones behind but hope you remember it is not the "leaving from" but the "going to" which is important. May the life with the one you love most of all be ever truly blessed and be often full of joy. --RK and Inday

K-1
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

CONGRATS!!! :thumbs:

US Citizenship

February 2, 2016 - Package mailed

February 8,2016 - Credit card charged

February 9, 2016 - NOA1

March 1, 2016 - Biometrics Appt

March 29, 2016 - In Line for interview

April 1, 2016 - Interview Scheduled

April 4, 2016 - Interview letter received in the mail

May 10, 2016 - Interview Day! (Approved)

June 8, 2016 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sucasa, Leatherneck, and RenCor--Thank you for the congratulations and best wishes! --RK and Inday

@Rencor and all others with similar sentiments: Yes, as with many of life's big changes there are the downsides along with the ups. We (Inday and RK) talked about the various possibilities and life paths years before even choosing to apply for K-1 visa, before even RK proposed. Yes, then and still now wishing there was some way we could both be simultaneously near each of our family members, friends, co-workers and all of life's seeming good situations. Yes, the goodbyes even now are bittersweet but we--trusting in and remembering our original decision based hopefully on wise choices and definitely based in faith on Godly precepts as best we know how and understand--we choose now to look mostly ahead and focus on all the bright sides. Yes, family and friends--all of whom are happy for us--will be sorely missed but they too see providence working in all our lives and give this recognition top priority as well. Understanding your loneliness about leaving love ones behind but hope you remember it is not the "leaving from" but the "going to" which is important. May the life with the one you love most of all be ever truly blessed and be often full of joy. --RK and Inday

You're welcome...:thumbs:

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Balloonscolour.gif

Congratulations!

event.png

July 5, 2011 - Mailed 129f

July 8, 2011 - NOA1

July 10, 2011 - Touch

October 4, 2011 - NOA2

October 18, 2011 - NVC Receive

October 20, 2011 - NVC Depart

October 24, 2011 - Consulate Receive

November 28, 2011 - Appointment scheduled.

November 28, 2011 - Visa Approved!

December 2, 2011 - Visa in hand,

December 22, 2011 - Fly to Russia.

January 5, 2012 - Return together - POE - IAD (Dulles)

February 25. 2012 - Marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

COngratulations!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

----------------------------------------

My blog: All about my writings and essays

Timeline

Congratulatins RK and Inday!:dance::thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

We heard the magic words “Visa approved” on October 12. :dancing::dance::dance::dancing: Now, with great anticipation, awaiting the printing and delivery of visa.

--RK and Inday

P.S. For those interested in the actual interview experience itself, please see the review we have submitted for the Manila embassy along with the reviews of others. In short, we were over-prepared (at interview only asked were a few relationship questions, a few photos of us together requested, required documents submitted), and we would still deliberately do the same. We saw others denied for not even meeting the most basic of specified documentary requirements. Please be sure to use Visa Journey and other resources in order to be well prepared. –RK n’ Inday

Congratulation RK and Inday!!! You've conquered the most important hurdle and can finally be together in the US. The battles/hurdles never end but at least you two will be able to deal with them together and will have a new renewable source of strength within you!!! :dance::dance::dance:

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Timeline

A&K42, daryl&lada, southcalhog, jamesEugi, and everyone--thank you for the congratulations, thumbs up, and happy dances!! Joy, joy!! Misha&Ira--nice touch and sentiment with balloons! Much appreciated and thank you kindly!! Looky--thanks for the congrats and the realistic but optimistic view and the very encouraging words!! Thank you everyone here!! --RK n Inday

Edited by RK_and_Inday

K-1

AOS

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS

Timeline

A&K42, daryl&lada, southcalhog, jamesEugi, and everyone--thank you for the congratulations, thumbs up, and happy dances!! Joy, joy!! Misha&Ira--nice touch and sentiment with balloons! Much appreciated and thank you kindly!! Looky--thanks for the congrats and the realistic but optimistic view and the very encouraging words!! Thank you everyone here!! --RK n Inday

Thanks for the Compliments..R-K, I looked at your Consulate review... Very Very helpful for when we go through our interview....Very detailed!!! Again................"Congratulations":dance: Now enjoy your start of your family! God Bless!!:thumbs::thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.