Tuanv

Married Life

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

How is married life treating you guys? My wife and I are doing very well. There were things that we had to work on but I love my wife and married life. When I get home from work, everything is prepared and I live like a king. I just thought it is interesting to get other people's perspectives.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-130 Sent: 2010-04-02

I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-13

I-130 RFE: 2010-10-04

I-130 RFE Sent: 2010-10-08

I-130 Approved: 2010-10-25

NVC Received: 2010-10-29

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2010-11-09

Pay I-864 Bill: 2010-11-10

Receive I-864 Package:

Return Completed I-864: 2010-11-18

Return Completed DS-3032: 2010-11-22

Receive IV Bill: 2010-12-02

Pay IV Bill: 2010-12-03

Receive Instruction Package: 2010-12-28

Case Completed at NVC: 2011-01-11

Visa Received : 2011-04-30

Thank Visajourney! Couldn't have done without you guys!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

How is married life treating you guys? My wife and I are doing very well. There were things that we had to work on but I love my wife and married life. When I get home from work, everything is prepared and I live like a king. I just thought it is interesting to get other people's perspectives.

You lucky devil.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm happy and everyone else is too. The only downside is that my household size doubled overnight. I can hear Ross Perot's "giant sucking sound", and it's coming from my wallet! :blink:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
Looks like you figured out the best way to live like a king is make sure you treat her like a queen :-)

if momma ain't happy, then ain't nobody happy

Edited by skiptex

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm happy and everyone else is too. The only downside is that my household size doubled overnight. I can hear Ross Perot's "giant sucking sound", and it's coming from my wallet! :blink:

You still have a wallet? :lol:

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

It's great but I'm also still getting used to coming home to meals prepared. Or, should I say, Vietnamese meals prepared. I think I have eaten more vegetables (known and unknown) in the past 6 months than I during my entire 39 years of existance. I'm also probably the only the white guy that watches, and slightly enjoys, Paris By Night.

Timeline

You expect VNese women will continue to do this "tradition" (preparing meals for their hubbies/families) forever? Sorry to make you smell the coffee but your dream prob would come to an end whenever she's got her 10-year PERM GC. She'd less likely to cook your meals as often as you wish. Not that she no longer cares or loves you. It's just she's had enough time in the States to learn her new freedom rights, being a woman and does whatever she feels like doing.

Enjoy while it lasts, that is!

I know a white American and his Viet Kieu wife who still have a storybook marriage after 12 years. I'm guessing your ex-wife really crapped in your custard. Too bad. Maybe the problem wasn't her... :whistle:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

I know a white American and his Viet Kieu wife who still have a storybook marriage after 12 years. I'm guessing your ex-wife really crapped in your custard. Too bad. Maybe the problem wasn't her... :whistle:

Not commenting on the specific situation, but it goes both ways, especially if your wife is working or going to school. If you expect to be a king go home and watch tv, then yeah, don't expect that to last too long.

Timeline

You expect VNese women will continue to do this "tradition" (preparing meals for their hubbies/families) forever? Sorry to make you smell the coffee but your dream prob would come to an end whenever she's got her 10-year PERM GC. She'd less likely to cook your meals as often as you wish. Not that she no longer cares or loves you. It's just she's had enough time in the States to learn her new freedom rights, being a woman and does whatever she feels like doing.

I think she cooks it more for herself so that she doesn't have to eat American food. I bet it's more likely to change once she gets used to eating our food rather than after she gets her 10yr. GC.

It's great but I'm also still getting used to coming home to meals prepared. Or, should I say, Vietnamese meals prepared. I think I have eaten more vegetables (known and unknown) in the past 6 months than I during my entire 39 years of existance. I'm also probably the only the white guy that watches, and slightly enjoys, Paris By Night.

Bravo for your effort...You're not the only that watch Paris By Night (PBN)..I know several guys (Caucasian of course) not only watch and understand PBN but can karaoke those songs :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think she cooks it more for herself so that she doesn't have to eat American food. I bet it's more likely to change once she gets used to eating our food rather than after she gets her 10yr. GC.

Depends on where you live. All the Vietnamese I know still eat Vietnamese food. They prefer to cook it and eat it over American food. Even after being in the US for 30+ years. Then will eat American food, but the prefer Vietnamese food. If that wasn't true, then the Vietnamese food areas would not still be growing. Even the second generation Vietnamese who are more Americanized still prefer Vietnamese food over American food. I don't know about the Third generation though.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I can't help but to laugh at profound sense of bitterness, I imagine the poster says it with a tightly clenched jaw and fire in his eyes, I can't help but wonder what happened to the guy.

Married life has been good for me, and I understand that it's young at its stage but I have a pretty good idea where it will be base on important facts such as how she was raised, our beliefs, her immediate family, ect ect, another important factor is I know for a fact she didn't just marry b/c she wanted a GC, I'll spare you the details on that.

Beside having to adjust to the typical married life stuff, I had to give up a few things here and there, and rightfully so. No more bars hopping, no more spending of money on compulsive toy purchase, no more random booty calls or any female friends for that matter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.