tiffanyterrell

Affidavit of support/Evidence of support

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OK so i have a question is about the I-134 and I-864! what are the steps? what i do i need to bring with me to

interview? What paper work or supporting documents are need for the 134 do need to bring the 864 with me to the interview? If someone can answer this with what they did! and also my baby is going to have a co-supporter what does that person have to have for information and what does she need to have to information! :bonk:

OK so i have a question is about the I-134 and I-864! what are the steps? what i do i need to bring with me to

interview? What paper work or supporting documents are need for the 134 do need to bring the 864 with me to the interview? If someone can answer this with what they did! and also my baby is going to have a co-supporter what does that person have to have for information and what does she need to have to information! :bonk:

Not to be short, but you asked a lot with this post.

I would suggest you READ the instructions that come with the Forms. The INSTRUCTIONS, and the FORMS themselves, will tell you what is needed as supporting documentation for you and for your co-sponsor. Save the supporting documents to take to the interview.

Montreal only requires the I-134 at interview. I brought the following:

For my fiance (now husband :D)

-Completed I-134

-Tax Transcript for the last year he filed (Which was 2009)

-Letter of enrollment from his school confirming full time student status

For our co-sponsor

-Completed I-134

-Last three years of tax transcripts

-Last 12 months of statements from her retirement, as it makes up the bulk of her income as opposed to pay stubs (Would bring a few recent pay stubs and letter from employer if the co-sponsor makes the bulk of their income through work)

All they took from me was both of the forms, my fiance's letter from school and our co-sponsor's most recent tax transcript + most recent retirement statement.

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

Timeline

Montreal only requires the I-134 at interview. I brought the following:

For my fiance (now husband :D)

-Completed I-134

-Tax Transcript for the last year he filed (Which was 2009)

-Letter of enrollment from his school confirming full time student status

For our co-sponsor

-Completed I-134

-Last three years of tax transcripts

-Last 12 months of statements from her retirement, as it makes up the bulk of her income as opposed to pay stubs (Would bring a few recent pay stubs and letter from employer if the co-sponsor makes the bulk of their income through work)

All they took from me was both of the forms, my fiance's letter from school and our co-sponsor's most recent tax transcript + most recent retirement statement.

Thank you sooo much for the information i was a little stressed about not having the paper and Congratulation! i cant wait to be with my baby!

Timeline

Not to be short, but you asked a lot with this post.

I would suggest you READ the instructions that come with the Forms. The INSTRUCTIONS, and the FORMS themselves, will tell you what is needed as supporting documentation for you and for your co-sponsor. Save the supporting documents to take to the interview.

i know and i am sorry i ready that stupid instruction thing like a million times :( and every time i read it it was like another language :blink:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You do not need the i-864 until you move and get married and file for your AOS, so dont worry about that now.

The i-134 is pretty straightforward, Just follow the vj guides.

HWDWm6.png

Oh so you can get a co-sponsor who's already retired? My fiance and I were thinking of asking his grandparents to co-sponsor but were unsure since they've been retired for a while now.

We used my then fiance's mother, who makes 90% of her income through her retirement. I think as long as you are prepared to prove that income, it's fine.

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The tax forms and pay stubs etc that everyone keeps referring to...is that the US citizen's paperwork or do I, the beneficiary, also need to submit financial paperwork?

I was thinking of submitting a bank statement and letter from my current employer anyway. But, am I overlooking my paperwork? Can someone please tell me whether the US citizen AND the beneficiary need to submit supporting documents for financial proof?

Thanks so much fellow VJ-ers. Everyone here has been so helpful!

Timeline

They usually only look at the USC's paperwork. I brought bank statements with me and they wouldn't even take it. You could always bring it with you though.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The tax forms and pay stubs etc that everyone keeps referring to...is that the US citizen's paperwork or do I, the beneficiary, also need to submit financial paperwork?

I was thinking of submitting a bank statement and letter from my current employer anyway. But, am I overlooking my paperwork? Can someone please tell me whether the US citizen AND the beneficiary need to submit supporting documents for financial proof?

Thanks so much fellow VJ-ers. Everyone here has been so helpful!

Only the USC needs to submit supporting evidence for the affidavit of support. The consulate won't care that the canadian makes $40/hr if they're not going to have their job once they're living in the states! The affidavit is there to show that the USC and any co sponsors make enough money to support you while you sit on your bum waiting for you greencard to arrive :)

Edited by pocheros

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.