4clife

Fiance did not get visa b/c of insufficient evidence

95 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yeah, matter of fact he does... lol

That is why Jamaica is considered high fraud. Way too many people applying for fiance visas.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear that :( I agree with everyone else, you need to see the paper yourself, have it scanned and emailed or something so you can assess what the problem was. I assume usual proofs that they would accept would be

phone bills

skype call print outs

letters sent back and forth

letters exchanged with other family members

photographs of you together

evidence of meetin within two years (plane tickets, hotel reservations etc)

proof of engagement (photos/facebook announcements etc)

facebook exchanges

print outs of lists of email received and sent.

I agree with the other posters, they must have felt something was suspicious about the relationship so perhaps your fiance didn't take enough or any of this stuff in?? I hope you manage to get things sorted and possibly can appeal against the decision?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Did your fuyure husband give you a list of names so you can contact these people to verify this fact. I have seen or heard of any of those couples on VJ that have gone thru the Kingston embassy that has met that criteria.

Good luck on your journey.

Have not read this whole post - but as far as D and Me and only having one visit - it is not one visit where they met and decided to file - From reading her profile - they met in the US, and she only has 1 visit since he went back to JA - and there were people on this site in that situation who met in the US, didn't have ANY visits to JA until interview time, and were approved.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That is why Jamaica is considered high fraud. Way too many people applying for fiance visas.

unsure.gif maybe.. guess not long from now the AP process would be in full effect like how it is done in Nigeria etc.. on hold for 1 year..

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Have not read this whole post - but as far as D and Me and only having one visit - it is not one visit where they met and decided to file - From reading her profile - they met in the US, and she only has 1 visit since he went back to JA - and there were people on this site in that situation who met in the US, didn't have ANY visits to JA until interview time, and were approved.

Sus, since this was not how she explained it, I can not comment on her visits, as I have stated to her , i wish this good luck on this journey. If she feels this is enough, then proceed I will not tell anyone what will get them approved or not. It is up to them if they feel this will convince the CO.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

well i am glad that my better half has come to US for 2 weeks, i have gone there for 2 weeks.. and she will be here again in DEC for a month.. all in a span of 1 calendar year.. i wish she was as close a Jamaica.. :( but i am confident it will be ok for Visa and Petition :)

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Timeline

I have been reading the whole thread and in no way an expert, but from what I can tell if it is true that Jamaica is currently a hotbed of immigration fraud then potentially the couple of other posters who have specifically said they may think its because the authorities thought it might be fraud, may be correct on the basis of the fact you HAVE known this person a while. I note a couple of points you have raised which may raise red flags

1)the starting point that you yourself only arrived in the U.S ten years ago (so I assume are not a citizen originally??) combined WITH

2)the fact you have this one photographs of you boths eight years ago....they might take this to mean you were already associates and one might now be doing the other a favour, if combined WITH

3)not enough evidence being shown on the day.

I think possibly mentioning your previous ties and mentioning your inability to maintain the relationship at that time MIGHT have actually made them look a little bit closer at your case. Now perhaps if there had followed an over compensation by providing LOTS of evidence of a true relationship now, you may have been okayI m not sure if this helps any or helps you to figure how to approach it from hereonin but it does seem to have been the case and until you see the piece of paper outlining what their problem was you're back to square one- well, not quite, perhaps you can appeal??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You got it :thumbs: :thumbs: Thank you!!

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I'm a bit lost with this case now as I have read in response to an own posting of mine elsewhere that if the relationship evidence is insufficient, you ought not even get an NOA2, but I assume you DID get one of those. That would infer the problem was with the questioning of the fiance and what came of that OR that some other evidence was flagged up....perhaps visas applied for for/with other people or something?? It sounds as though theres a lot more to this than meets the eye. The other posters are quite right, one visit is all they specify. My fiance and I had just one visit, though we do live 19hr flights away and I have dependent children and he has patients to attend to weekly so is very busy with THAT, but we've not been told this would be a problem. What I HAVE been told is that if the evidence you give in isn't proof enough you don't even get to the embassy stage....they would issue you with an RFE (request for further information) before it even got to the embassy, to give you the opportunity to improve your case. One would think if USCIS did not do that, then the initial evidence was fine. All in all there sounds more to it. My advice.....as you have said you are earning well, in your exact case, if I were you, I d emply an immigration attourney at this stage.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sus, since this was not how she explained it, I can not comment on her visits, as I have stated to her , i wish this good luck on this journey. If she feels this is enough, then proceed I will not tell anyone what will get them approved or not. It is up to them if they feel this will convince the CO.

I don't have any information that you wouldn't have available - when I saw her post, I clicked her profile - their story is written there - I am not speaking on whether or not they will get approved, as no one can guarantee that - what I am stating is that her story is different - they did not only meet one time - They met and dated in the US, and then had one visit after he returned to JA - Trying to compare that to someone with one in person meeting ever is like comparing apples to oranges.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

You can send me a message or post a different thread, that is, if you're open to opinions and advice.

Good luck with everything.

I wrote a thread and someone decided to used it for their purposes, which it seems people are mixing up two different stories. Now I am reading what people are saying and I don't know if their respond is for me or the other person, because if it is for me everyone on here got it totally wrong.

My story" I met my fiance 1997/98 and we were childhood sweatheart,my first boyfriend. I migrated to the US dec 1999. We communicated by mail b/c where he was living at the time he did not have axcess to phone. Due to personal reason we had stop talking. In 2002, by then he had a cell phone, we began talking back and in 2003 after graduating from high school I went to Jamaica for a month to see him. I started college 2003. In 2004,in spite I was in love with him, I broke off the relationship because of the things people were telling me, even they don't know him.However, he continue to call me, sometimes I talked to him and sometimes I ignore his calls. I graduated in 2007, I am a stronger person and decided to live my life for me, so in 2009, I decided to get back into a serious relationship with him. I went to Jamaica for two weeks and on july 23, 2010 at my cousin birthday party he proposed. I was going to married him in Jamica, but someone told me about the K1 visa, so I decided to take that path. I came back and I started the filing. At the end of April 2011, I went to Jamaica and stayed with him and his relatives for the two weeks I was there. At the interview we provided every evidence past-present history and I am financially stable and my fiance said he answered the consulate questions. What more do they need. Even if it was lack of evidence at least give up the chance to provide more. I feel the embassy do what they want, it's more a personal thing whether or not they like you.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Off topic but u was about 12 when all this started in 1997/8....

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

thats a long time:-)..4clife were u at the interview??

I was 13-14 of age, b/c when I came to the US I was 15+. No, I did not go to the interview. With all the evidence we had and I was there in April, I didn't think I need to. Plus I needed to save money for wedding Plans and visa expense. Also, even if I went I wouldn't be allow to be with him during the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.