joonphon

Aum Phuer Oom Koi, Chaingmai, Thailand

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm very frustrated by the way they treated my fiance. I would like to report the guy that works there..... I haven't done research yet in terms of where to file a report.. If any of lovely VJ members know the location or what to do, Please let me know.... I'll write a full story of what happen when I come back from work. Thanks in advance...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm very frustrated by the way they treated my fiance. I would like to report the guy that works there..... I haven't done research yet in terms of where to file a report.. If any of lovely VJ members know the location or what to do, Please let me know.... I'll write a full story of what happen when I come back from work. Thanks in advance...

Who? The Amphur?

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

Good luck with that. Just forget it and move on. Getting angry and wasting your time with reports will be just that.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline

Good luck with that. Just forget it and move on. Getting angry and wasting your time with reports will be just that.

awww really? I feel so bad for my fiance's mother (really old in her 70s) and the village leader who had to travel all the way from the mountain down to the city in rainy season and they treated them like sh!t.... I just feel like that's inhumane. For his proof of birthplace, he wrote couple sentences that include my fiance's name and the city where he was born. The guy's signature and stamp.. That's it... I don't think that's correct and I'm not even sure if that'd fly at the interview..... I'm worried...

Joonphon, it sounds like you followed kkm's advice from this previous post. I think you should be good for your fiance's birth certificate. Good luck.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/329011-fiance-has-no-birth-certificate/

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

awww really? I feel so bad for my fiance's mother (really old in her 70s) and the village leader who had to travel all the way from the mountain down to the city in rainy season and they treated them like sh!t.... I just feel like that's inhumane. For his proof of birthplace, he wrote couple sentences that include my fiance's name and the city where he was born. The guy's signature and stamp.. That's it... I don't think that's correct and I'm not even sure if that'd fly at the interview..... I'm worried...

This is unfortunate but rsn is correct. Let this go. Put your effort into something else thats productive. I can tell you that in my own tourist visa attempt we were treated badly too at the first attempt. In my K 3 case they were terrific. They went out of their way to help us get the visa.

Hopefully you will find this is the case later. I hope so.

Timeline

Who? The Amphur?

Yeah.. The guy that works there... 1st he gave my fiance wrong instruction. Fiance's going there to get his Bai rab rong bai gerd and military exemption letter. On Friday the 7th, he said "bring your Tabian Barn and we'll give you Bai rabrong tee gerd." On Monday the 10th, my fiance brought in his tabian barn then the guy said "oh actually you have to bring your mother and the village leader plus tabian barn, I was having a headache the other day and gave you the wrong info." My fiance then had to ride motorcycle all the way up to the mountain where his mother lives (took him 4-5hrs, was speeding too). They came back again on the 13th, Thursday morning. The Amphur opens at 8am. That guy showed up at 10:30am. Wouldn't write the letter for him. He said "oh.. there's another person who's supposed to be doing that and he's not coming in yet." My fiance, his mother (a petite 70 years old), and the leader of the village waited until 2pm. No one showed up. The receptionist wasn't doing anything, just looking in the mirror and combed her hair all afternoon. My fiance started getting mad so he asked her to call the guy to see where he's at. She called. He didn't show up. My fiance then called the supervisor. 15 min later, that same guy showed up and as he walked in he's like "Gu arrome sia woy.. krai pood arai mai tuk, gu yone ting tabian barn sai tung kaya woy" (I'm in a fuking bad mood. if someone doesn't say the right thing, i'm going to throw their household registration in the trash can)

He looked at my fiance Thai national identification and said "you're a fukin alien, we just gave you the right to live in this country, we didn't give you the right to ask for your rights!!!!!" My fiance was was so mad.... he almost kicked the guy's ####... but he said "I've been living in this country for 27 years... why can't i just ask you to write me this letter?" He got quiet... and then he checked my fiance record.. talked on the phone.. for a long time.. He's for sure wanted some money but my fiance intended not to give him any penny (that's the way it is in Thailand, money's the power) 15 min later, he came up w/ a letter that states my fiance's name and city of where he was born.. his signature and the stamp. When my fiance asked for military exemption letter he's like "oh that guy's not here today and he won't be back until Monday afternoon."

My future mother in law was having back pain from traveling.. I feel really bad for her... She's a hard worker... but traveling from mountain to mountain down to the city isn't easy.... and the path is very dangerous..... if some drug addict/thief kills them and hides them there... they wouldn't be found for years...

Anyway, my point is they shouldn't treat people like that... Just because they're working in the government office, it doesn't give them the right to discriminate other people.

Sorry for the wrong note... I'm feeling very unhappy about what happened to them.... because of me and my fiance, there are a few people had to face discrimination and risked their lives traveling through dangerous roads :(

Edited by joonphon

Timeline

Joonphon, it sounds like you followed kkm's advice from this previous post. I think you should be good for your fiance's birth certificate. Good luck.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/329011-fiance-has-no-birth-certificate/

Thank you... I hope that letter is good enough the embassy....

Timeline

This is unfortunate but rsn is correct. Let this go. Put your effort into something else thats productive. I can tell you that in my own tourist visa attempt we were treated badly too at the first attempt. In my K 3 case they were terrific. They went out of their way to help us get the visa.

Hopefully you will find this is the case later. I hope so.

Thank you.. I hope so too...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yeah.. The guy that works there... 1st he gave my fiance wrong instruction. Fiance's going there to get his Bai rab rong bai gerd and military exemption letter. On Friday the 7th, he said "bring your Tabian Barn and we'll give you Bai rabrong tee gerd." On Monday the 10th, my fiance brought in his tabian barn then the guy said "oh actually you have to bring your mother and the village leader plus tabian barn, I was having a headache the other day and gave you the wrong info." My fiance then had to ride motorcycle all the way up to the mountain where his mother lives (took him 4-5hrs, was speeding too). They came back again on the 13th, Thursday morning. The Amphur opens at 8am. That guy showed up at 10:30am. Wouldn't write the letter for him. He said "oh.. there's another person who's supposed to be doing that and he's not coming in yet." My fiance, his mother (a petite 70 years old), and the leader of the village waited until 2pm. No one showed up. The receptionist wasn't doing anything, just looking in the mirror and combed her hair all afternoon. My fiance started getting mad so he asked her to call the guy to see where he's at. She called. He didn't show up. My fiance then called the supervisor. 15 min later, that same guy showed up and as he walked in he's like "Gu arrome sia woy.. krai pood arai mai tuk, gu yone ting tabian barn sai tung kaya woy" (I'm in a fuking bad mood. if someone doesn't say the right thing, i'm going to throw their household registration in the trash can)

He looked at my fiance Thai national identification and said "you're a fukin alien, we just gave you the right to live in this country, we didn't give you the right to ask for your rights!!!!!" My fiance was was so mad.... he almost kicked the guy's ####... but he said "I've been living in this country for 27 years... why can't i just ask you to write me this letter?" He got quiet... and then he checked my fiance record.. talked on the phone.. for a long time.. He's for sure wanted some money but my fiance intended not to give him any penny (that's the way it is in Thailand, money's the power) 15 min later, he came up w/ a letter that states my fiance's name and city of where he was born.. his signature and the stamp. When my fiance asked for military exemption letter he's like "oh that guy's not here today and he won't be back until Monday afternoon."

My future mother in law was having back pain from traveling.. I feel really bad for her... She's a hard worker... but traveling from mountain to mountain down to the city isn't easy.... and the path is very dangerous..... if some drug addict/thief kills them and hides them there... they wouldn't be found for years...

Anyway, my point is they shouldn't treat people like that... Just because they're working in the government office, it doesn't give them the right to discriminate other people.

Sorry for the wrong note... I'm feeling very unhappy about what happened to them.... because of me and my fiance, there are a few people had to face discrimination and risked their lives traveling through dangerous roads :(

I am sorry. When I read the OP I thought this was about the embassy people. Still please for get the idea of reporting this guy.

Now that you explain its easier to understand. This is simply Thailand at its worst. The people you describe are just lazy & corrupt. They dont care at all what your family had to do to get there. They dont care what is needed. Its amazing that they even have these jobs. But they do. I am ashamed of Thailand when these things happen.

I love the USA for many reasons. This is one of them. I have learned why this is the best country in the world. No wonder we all want to come here. In my time here I have never seen nor heard of these things happening. When ever I go to an office of the U S govt or anything ilke that I am always treated well & taken care of. It makes me feel great rather than angry when we encounter these donkeys in Thailand.

You are right when you say they shouldnt do it because they work in a govt office. But that is exactly WHY they do it. They feel they are better than others & no one can touch them. Discrimination in Thailand is terrible & everywhere. It a way of life there.

This will serve to teach your fiance something special about where she is going. It wil also show her Thai family that the actions of those people didnt affect the end result. In that way they win as well.

Timeline

Wow, Junie....that really sucks. Ice is always saying how bad people treat eachother there. But, you know that proof of single registration, Ice didn't need anyone to come with him at the Amphur. But for the police certifcate I had to fly him all the way from Chiang Mai to BKK just for one day for a piece of paper.

Also, when I was in Thailand, the apartment staff treated me like sh*t until they realized I wasn't Thai.

Now Ice's family decided to confine him and it's 2 days before he leaves to move to BKK because of his situation. They have pretty much forbid him to go anywhere now (they took his keys), so he's going to escape early tomorrow. It's all screwed up and I really don't get Thailand sometimes. I love it there, but why does this kind of stuff happen? Plus the embassy is really slow compared to other countries. Everything is in paper, nothing is electronic, which I find kind of sad because Manila embassy already has everything electronic, and I'm sure that the Philippines and Thailand should be at the same standard.

Okay, I'm done with my rant.

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview
Interview date: 12/14/11 APPROVED!
POE: 12/16/11
Total days from NOA1 to K-1 Visa in hand: 202
Wedding Date: 12/27/11

AOS
Sent AOS: 4/21/12
NOA1: 4/30/12
RFE: 5/14/12
Biometrics App.: 5/21/12
Sent RFE Response: 5/31/12
Interview: 7/24/12
Approval: 10/12/12

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Go ahead and report him... I hope you have another Amphur you can use if you do. ( Maybe like in Lampang :whistle: )..like some others have stated..forget it and press on.

Stiring the pot can make life harder here for ya.. just sayin'

Timeline

Go ahead and report him... I hope you have another Amphur you can use if you do. ( Maybe like in Lampang :whistle: )..like some others have stated..forget it and press on.

Stiring the pot can make life harder here for ya.. just sayin'

My fiance got his letter so we're good for now.. but if we find out the letter the guy wrote for him is useless at his interview, then I'm going to start some sh!t.. It's not how life would be harder for us.. it's about what's right and what's wrong and being treated like a human being...

Timeline

My fiance got his letter so we're good for now.. but if we find out the letter the guy wrote for him is useless at his interview, then I'm going to start some sh!t.. It's not how life would be harder for us.. it's about what's right and what's wrong and being treated like a human being...

Hehe. You obviously don't understand Thailand. What's right and what's wrong? Let me tell ya. Getting dinged for 500 THB for throwing a cigarette butt on the ground. Getting thrown in the clink in Lat Phrao after my ex's sister stabbed me. Getting pulled over daily on the Chonburi motorway for 100 THB because I'm farang. Getting ripped off by taxi drivers at Don Meuang on a regular basis.

Get over yourself. It's f**cking Thailand. Deal with it.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

You really don't think the system works like that here do you? You're gunna open a can of screw the pooch....

And to put it bluntly..you cost the guy his job, you may just end your life. #######.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.