bubpce

positive TB skin test and CS tomorrow

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Hey everyone ....

A little overview of whats been going on. Since my DS 3025 was not complete i had to get couple of shots, and i did - Varicella, Flu, DTP (which i already had but ou well) and a TB skin test. Except for the flu shot, all the others came at the same day. The problem occurred with the TB skin test, cause it came out positive, 12 mm (they barely could measure or find the bump cause it was mainly red). They also made a mistake with administrating my vaccination record here, cause i have had the BCG vaccine three time, and each time before i would get this vaccine, i had a mantoux test done (its all in my original file and translation)

People here dont quite understand the BCG vaccine and they immediately say "u got infected with TB". I tried to explain that the K1 is a long process and that before i come here i have to go to a full medical exam which includes everything, even the TB test, so if i had TB i wouldnt be here. Not to mention the xray done before i came here.

Beside, i have never been sick with it, i dont even know anyone who might have had it. Its so frustrating :-(

Tomorrow we need to go and see the CS ... and we are so scared to be honest , because my k1 expires soon and we are catching the last train for the AOS. So its all up to the CS to sign our I 693 and we dont know what he may say or require

Please, if you have any suggestion for tomorrow on how to deal with the CV , feel free to share it. We really need some suggestions and help on this one.

Thank you

Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery !!!

Gjo3p2.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey everyone ....

A little overview of whats been going on. Since my DS 3025 was not complete i had to get couple of shots, and i did - Varicella, Flu, DTP (which i already had but ou well) and a TB skin test. Except for the flu shot, all the others came at the same day. The problem occurred with the TB skin test, cause it came out positive, 12 mm (they barely could measure or find the bump cause it was mainly red). They also made a mistake with administrating my vaccination record here, cause i have had the BCG vaccine three time, and each time before i would get this vaccine, i had a mantoux test done (its all in my original file and translation)

People here dont quite understand the BCG vaccine and they immediately say "u got infected with TB". I tried to explain that the K1 is a long process and that before i come here i have to go to a full medical exam which includes everything, even the TB test, so if i had TB i wouldnt be here. Not to mention the xray done before i came here.

Beside, i have never been sick with it, i dont even know anyone who might have had it. Its so frustrating :-(

Tomorrow we need to go and see the CS ... and we are so scared to be honest , because my k1 expires soon and we are catching the last train for the AOS. So its all up to the CS to sign our I 693 and we dont know what he may say or require

Please, if you have any suggestion for tomorrow on how to deal with the CV , feel free to share it. We really need some suggestions and help on this one.

Thank you

Try a different CS.

Your K-1 does not "expire". Ot was cancelled when you arrived. It was replaced by the I-94/ You need to get married before the expiration on the I-94. I presume you did.

No worries

There IS NO deadline for filing AOS, do it when you are ready. Another TB test is not needed, the CS is just charging you unnecessary fees. They do that.

Find another CS

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Try a different CS.

Your K-1 does not "expire". Ot was cancelled when you arrived. It was replaced by the I-94/ You need to get married before the expiration on the I-94. I presume you did.

No worries

There IS NO deadline for filing AOS, do it when you are ready. Another TB test is not needed, the CS is just charging you unnecessary fees. They do that.

Find another CS

Thanks Gary And Alla for ur fast reply. I got confused there, i mean my I-94 expires soon ( sorry for the confusion). We are married but we thought that we need to send in the AOS until the expiration of the I-94. This whole thing is so stressing for us, and i assume for a lot of other couples here. The CS will look into everything tomorrow and honestly i have no idea how it will go or how much will they charge us. The positive TB skin test scares me because a nurse said that even if the xray is normal, it still doesnt mean anything and they still may require me to take medications (wow, really?).

Not like in Europe and Uk , where they clearly say that people who have had BCG vaccine should NOT have the skin test done because it will come out false positive in most cases, in the US they assure u that the BCG cant make the test positive. How more different can it be?

Its frustrating ... honestly it is :-(

Tnx for ur help and advice.

We sure need both :)

Gjo3p2.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks Gary And Alla for ur fast reply. I got confused there, i mean my I-94 expires soon ( sorry for the confusion). We are married but we thought that we need to send in the AOS until the expiration of the I-94. This whole thing is so stressing for us, and i assume for a lot of other couples here. The CS will look into everything tomorrow and honestly i have no idea how it will go or how much will they charge us. The positive TB skin test scares me because a nurse said that even if the xray is normal, it still doesnt mean anything and they still may require me to take medications (wow, really?).

Not like in Europe and Uk , where they clearly say that people who have had BCG vaccine should NOT have the skin test done because it will come out false positive in most cases, in the US they assure u that the BCG cant make the test positive. How more different can it be?

Its frustrating ... honestly it is :-(

Tnx for ur help and advice.

We sure need both :)

so relax a bit. There is no need to file the AOS before the I-94 expires. None. makes no difference at all.

As for the CS, see what he says. The only thing you NEED is for a CS to sign off that you have completed all vaccines. That's it, that's all. You already had a TB test (x-ray) and your medical exam. If this guy gives you trouble say "Thank you goodbye" and go on to the next one. Call them and talk about it, tell them what you need. Tell them you had your medical exam, this is a K-1 and you just need the vaccination portion signed off on. Some will not do that, others will. Call around. Google "Civil Surgeons (your state)" Easy.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline

I think all they need to do is take a chest xray. One they do that they will see you don't have anything and you'll be okay. If you do all you do is take a vacine. Almost all people in Europe test positive.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey everyone ....

Thank you

You should be fine! Unless, of course, your CS is an idiot! Any competent physician will know that the BCG makes you test positive on the mantoux test and is thus irrelevant. Your negative chest X-ray and normal physical exam clears you from suspicion for Tb.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I know exactly how you're feeling! I have experienced the same situation and had to go through the same process. While in Brazil, I had all the exams and vaccinations required by the consulate done but the doctor checked my vaccination board as incomplete. I also had an X-ray done and according to the doctor everything was fine. I got completely frustrated when I saw that the doctor had checked the incomplete box on my board vaccination and, because of that, I had to have the form I 693 filled out by a Civil Surgeon. (which I came to realize later IT WASN'T necessary! Actually, our VB will always be incomplete since some of the vaccines listed there don't apply to our case :-/) I just read that after having my appointment with the CS where i was also diagnosed positive to the TB skin test. After that, I was sent to a Health Department and had an x-ray done. Similarly, I knew I wasn't sick because I had done the x-ray in Brazil and everything was ok! Also, I had taken the BCG which means there's a huge chance to be positive with the infection not the DISEASE. Anyway, it took two looong weeks to get the results and AS I EXPECTED I was positive with the infection but negative for the disease. I was considered a non risk person, even though I was recommended to take a six month treatment. Here they consider the POSSIBILITY of you to develop the disease in the future. You're not obliged BUT if you deny you have to sign a paper where you take the responsibility for any future problem. I refused to do the treatment since you will have to take strong antibiotics which might cause you other heath problems. In Brazil, we have the same treatment BUT it's only administered if you present signs of the disease. Finally, I went back to the CS with the x-ray result and he completed the I 693 and gave it back to me in a sealed envelope. PLEASE, DON'T FORGET TO ASK FOR A COPY OF THE ENTIRE PACKAGE. I could finally send my AOS and there was no problem so far. I had my biometrics done today and now I am waiting for the next steps.

I was as frustrated as you but I got even more disappointed when I read on VJ that I didn't need to go through all this stress since I could have sent the vaccination board without doing all this BS.

you will be fine. Don't worry! I just want to share my story so you can understand what's next.:-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just bring in your TB test results, along with the measurement of the skin test result. Bring your paper from the doctor that treated you with the tuberculosis medicine, showing that you completed the required medicine to clear this from your body.

The CS tried to tell us that my wife had to retake the TB skin test all over again. Someone forgot to record the skin test measurements, but what was even more rediculous, my wife had full blown TB, and stayed in the hospital for a month. We had a mountain of proof, and the CS still tried to tell us that she had to have the test done again. I stood my ground, and finally spoke directly to the office manager. We cleared that up right away, as I brought her the web site from the government visa pages that said directly that another TB skin test, nor the other culture test was necessary.

Timeline

hey everyone

Just wanted to tell you that the appointment with the CS went ok. We waited a little bit because they were busy with other patients, but it was worth it. They charged us 50$ for the vaccination transcript. At first they wanted to do a lab work and medical but since we explained that i had all that done at the end of June, and its valid for a year, they said ok and that was it on that matter. I showed them my TB skin test which was positive (12 mm) but the lady said they do not really do all that, and all what they did was fill out the vaccination part (which was what we needed anyhow).

They gave us a copy, kept one for them, they made copies of the DS 3025, also from the sheet which contained info about the other vaccines that i got when i came here, and TB test (together with another sheet where it says i am not contagious or whatever) but no problems what so ever about the I 693.

We sent the AOS package today, and i really dont know how the USCIS will react on the positive TB test but i guess we have to wait and see how it goes.

Here is the address of the CS

75702 - Tyler, TX

• Dr. R A Lester, West Houston Family Clinic
    214 West Houston Street, Tyler, TX 75702
    (903) 592-8101

Thank you for all your help

Gjo3p2.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Congratulations, S-Bone, si man! :)

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.