robp135

Full cost of K1 process

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Coming from the UK can someone please give me a rundown off all costs.

Filing forms, once you move costs, marrige fee etc. Have been going through various parts of the site but seems to be varying info.

Basically I need a rundown of every penny i will need to spend to make a budget accordingly.

thankyou for any help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Probably a good idea you do this, I am not far enough through the process yet to figure it out but when I looked at my plane fair and it was only $ 1,600 I figured this whole process would cost me $ 5,000.

I now think it will cost me more like $ 15,000 or $ 20,000 to $ 30,000. Reason, I will take two trips, not one and each trip cost about $ 4,000 with hotels. The government paper work is $ 2,000 I think but that is a small price. I still have to buy her a car when she gets here $ 10,000, insure a brand new driver $ 3,000 per year, she has to have her teeth fixed (the philippine dentist are not as good so I will it done here in the U.S. for $ 10,000), phone cards calls $ 600 at least, buy incidentals.. $ 1,000, I have asked her to quit her job so she will not walk through dangerous areas and support her $ 1,000 buy her plane fair over $ 1,200.

$ 8,000 - trips

$ 2,000 - paper work

$ 10,000 - car

$ 3,000 - insurance

$ 10,000 - teeth

$ 1,000 - incidentals

$ 1,000 - support

$ 1,200 - plane fair to get he here

$ 2,000 - honey moon

$ 2,000 - small wedding

Yes, I don't know about you but $ 30,000 or more will cover mine.

For those on a real tight budget.. you can do it but good luck.

Edited by DaleFlorida

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hey, The petition to begin with i think is $355(not sure on it now) The medical will cost you 200 pounds, the actual visa interview is about 220 pounds then the flights will cost you anything from 450-800 pounds depending on yourroute that you take! The marriage licence varies in different states so i dont know the figure for that but a ball park figure for a marriage at the court house with licence would maybe be $400 then the AOS costs somewere around $1070 and then i guess the cost of you being here would depend on your lifestyle!But to get you here its about $3500 or 2400 pounds

hope this helps

K1 Timeline
07/01/10- K1 Mailed
07/16/10- NOA1 Hardcopy
12/15/10- NOA2 Hardcopy Received
02/16/11- Interview at 10am London Embassy
02/24/11- Visa in Hand
02/27/11- POE - Minneapolis

AOS Timeline
04/22/11- AOS, EAD, AP sent today
04/28/11- AOS, EAD, AP Notice Date
05/04/11- Hard copy of NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP
05/12/11- Early Biometric walk in(Scheduled for 05/31/2011)
05/12/11- I-485 Case Transferred to CSC
06/13/11- AOS approved, card production ordered
06/20/11- Green Card Recieved

ROC Timeline

04/25/13- ROC package sent

04/26/13- ROC pack delivered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.