8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OK getting ready to send fiancee my documents she needs for her interview. The forms says send a copy of what i submitted in my I-129 package, the next line says send originals. See below

A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one).

Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy

I just read that a visa approval was put on hold for not providing an original divorce degree at the interview. Since only copies of such material was only required in the I-129 process why would they ask for an original in manila? Obviously I have, but sending it overseas when it wasnt required here seems crazy.

Your thoughts

Thanks as always

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

OK getting ready to send fiancee my documents she needs for her interview. The forms says send a copy of what i submitted in my I-129 package, the next line says send originals. See below

A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one).

Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy

I just read that a visa approval was put on hold for not providing an original divorce degree at the interview. Since only copies of such material was only required in the I-129 process why would they ask for an original in manila? Obviously I have, but sending it overseas when it wasnt required here seems crazy.

Your thoughts

Thanks as always

All embassies require original documents for the NVC process and at the interview.. for us, we filed CR1 so our originals went along with certified copies of each of them and at the interview we got the originals back.

They won't keep them they just want to see them. If they do keep them they will return them with the passport.

If you don't have it they will probably issue a 221g and not issue anything until they have that info... better to be safe :)

Edited by EAbbas

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your thoughts

Thanks as always

What I read here is Someone made a Mistake at USCIS/NVC. The 129-F does not really explain they need Certified/Stamped and a Courthouse Seal of being free to Marry. You should have got a RFE for this matter before your NOA2. Someone messed-up and it was caught in Manila. A copy with no Seal is a rejection.

Simple enough though a pain. Go to the Courthouse and get a Original and send that. Happened to me too. I only sent a Copy as asked but It was a RFE for the Original Document. Send every page of your Divorce Decree and have the County Clerk Stamp and sign it. Hope this helps.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

What I read here is Someone made a Mistake at USCIS/NVC. The 129-F does not really explain they need Certified/Stamped and a Courthouse Seal of being free to Marry. You should have got a RFE for this matter before your NOA2. Someone messed-up and it was caught in Manila. A copy with no Seal is a rejection.

Simple enough though a pain. Go to the Courthouse and get a Original and send that. Happened to me too. I only sent a Copy as asked but It was a RFE for the Original Document. Send every page of your Divorce Decree and have the County Clerk Stamp and sign it. Hope this helps.

I sent a copy of my divorce decree with my I-129f and it was approved with no RFE.

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

I included a certified true copy (with the courthouse's seal) of my divorce decree with the petition. I also brought one with me when I went to PI to be with Patty for the interview. For peace of mind, I would bring or send a certified true copy. I won't take the chance of getting delayed because it was not sent. You're sending her other documents anyway, so, why not just include it. Just my two cents. Good luck!

Edited by dindo and patty

Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens meGC Received: 02/04/2012

Useful Links for K-1 Visa Petition for USEM Philippines:

Packet 3 for K-1: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

St Luke's Website: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Link to Schedule Interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

CFO Website for Seminar: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Povery Guideline: http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Website to Download DS 156, 156K, & 157: http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

Timeline

Someone can correct me, a regular photocopy is ok for the application but you should bring the original or the certified true copy if the beneficiary will be interviewed.

If you need to send 2 certified true copies, then you have to pay twice. Same thing with your birth certificate. What if your house was torched and everything you have went to ashes or got into an accident or simply lost your original documents? You can't marry?

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I brought my husband's photocopy of divorce decree for my interview, the consul didn't even ask to see it. But I heard some Consul make it hard for some people and ask to see originals. Better to make sure than sorry.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Kevin, send original documents to your finacee...you will get them back.

Just follow those instructions to the letter.

Good luck.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.